European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: winghalfun on March 08, 2017, 09:54:01 PM
Suaraz dive hidden in the result.
This time, the result was greater than that blatant dive.

Throw ball

Exciting match decided by the best divers.

PW Nally

Incredible finish. 3 goals required from 87th minute on. Neymar free kick, his penalty take from a dodgy decision and a perfect ball from him again into no man's land for Roberto to finish.
Di Maria fluffing his opportunity when straight through on Ter Stegen really poor as he seemed to be too indecisive and of course dived then to look to apportion blame elsewhere.

Some match. Suarez a horrible diving hoor when things not going his way.

Main Street

Overall the ref did well,  i think the 2nd peno was about the only time he was fooled.
But it has to be said that the defender did everything to simulate  striking Suarez.

Syferus

Neymar is a mighty ladeen.

Cunny Funt

Gold

Quote from: Main Street on March 08, 2017, 10:30:14 PM
Overall the ref did well,  i think the 2nd peno was about the only time he was fooled.
But it has to be said that the defender did everything to simulate  striking Suarez.

I agree....like why did the defender put his forearm up into the back of Suarez  neck?? Idiot!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

manfromdelmonte

A victory for cheating and diving

Taylor

What a team.
Have to take your hat of to them. PSG completely lost the plot.

The referee did very well considering the pressure he was under from the baying mob - fantastic atmosphere mind you.

johnneycool

Quote from: PW Nally on March 08, 2017, 10:06:49 PM
Incredible finish. 3 goals required from 87th minute on. Neymar free kick, his penalty take from a dodgy decision and a perfect ball from him again into no man's land for Roberto to finish.
Di Maria fluffing his opportunity when straight through on Ter Stegen really poor as he seemed to be too indecisive and of course dived then to look to apportion blame elsewhere.

Some match. Suarez a horrible diving hoor when things not going his way.

Thought Mascerano caught Di Maria on the heel, didn't see any replays though to confirm that though.

Maroon Manc

It will take PSG a long time to get over that, they threw it away. They were the better team over 2 legs as shown when they went 3-0 down last night and they created 4 great chances scoring one. YOu have to give Barca credit for the way they kept going given they scored 6 times without Messi & Suarez playing that well. If PSG had been 2-0 coming into that game last night I'd have expected them to go through, they approached the game in the wrong ways and its cost them.

As for Barca its hard to take to them, Suarez, Neymar & Busqets are 3 of the biggest cheats that have ever played the game, thought Neymar and Suarez took it too new levels last night. The cheats prospered last night, must be nearly 10 years since Eduardo was banned after diving against Celtic yet I can't remember it happening to a player since.

JoG2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 09, 2017, 09:39:33 AM
It will take PSG a long time to get over that, they threw it away. They were the better team over 2 legs as shown when they went 3-0 down last night and they created 4 great chances scoring one. YOu have to give Barca credit for the way they kept going given they scored 6 times without Messi & Suarez playing that well. If PSG had been 2-0 coming into that game last night I'd have expected them to go through, they approached the game in the wrong ways and its cost them.

As for Barca its hard to take to them, Suarez, Neymar & Busqets are 3 of the biggest cheats that have ever played the game, thought Neymar and Suarez took it too new levels last night. The cheats prospered last night, must be nearly 10 years since Eduardo was banned after diving against Celtic yet I can't remember it happening to a player since.

it was overturned though, and therein lies the problem...these hooers are allowed to get away with it time and time again !!

thebuzz

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 09, 2017, 09:39:33 AM

If they played the game like Messi they would be easy to admire. I never saw him dive but I'm open to correction :-)

StGallsGAA

As impressive as the comeback was, no PSG player would have been still on the pitch had he persistently dived as Neymar and particularly Suarez did.  How can the ref decide to keep his card in his pocket when they did it time and time again.  Disgraceful and belittles the achievement completely.

Maroon Manc

Did Michael Owen forget he played for Real Madrid, I doubt there's a club he played for where he's liked.

The ref was a disgrace last night, I find it odd how he got a great view of the first Barca pen but only gave it when the official behind the goal intervened; The same official didn't bother intervening when Suarez dived for the 2nd pen. I wouldn't have given the first one either, the PSG player's momentum carried him forward and he didn't change direction or deliberately try to bring down the Barca player. Then there's the obvious foul on Di Maria which would have been a pen and a red card.

It reminds of the CL semi in 2009 when Chelsea were robbed by the ref when Barca went through to the final.