European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

All to play for in the final twelve minutes of tonight's champions league tie.

laoislad

Enjoyed that. Great entertainment.
Simeone is a mad man.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ashman

Well done Atletico . 

Hope they win it now .  They are beating all the behemoths.  Would be great if they beat the gruesome twosome.

screenexile

Just an observation but why is it 'great to see' when Athletico play park the bus, counterattacking, diving, yellow card whingeing, time wasting football yet Mourinho is the anti christ for doing the same????

seafoid

Guardiola didn't win the CL with Bayern so.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bennydorano

Find them hard to watch myself, not exactly minnows either, they've 10 La Ligas to their name & same again with Copa Del Reys.

SHEEDY

Can't stand guardiola for some reason, glad to see atletico go through. Would love to see them win it.
nil satis nisi optimum

Minder

Quote from: screenexile on May 03, 2016, 09:49:22 PM
Just an observation but why is it 'great to see' when Athletico play park the bus, counterattacking, diving, yellow card whingeing, time wasting football yet Mourinho is the anti christ for doing the same????

It's hipster
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ashman

Cos they beat teams with more money in a sport dominated by  money I like to see this .  If Mourinho wins on these conditions well done to him .  They beat two massive behemoth clubs in last two rounds.

I would love to see Diego Simeone and Davy Fitz on the same sideline !!

screenexile

Quote from: ashman on May 03, 2016, 10:02:16 PM

Cos they beat teams with more money in a sport dominated by  money I like to see this .  If Mourinho wins on these conditions well done to him .  They beat two massive behemoth clubs in last two rounds.

I would love to see Diego Simeone and Davy Fitz on the same sideline !!

Porto!

Wait until Simeone goes to a bigger club he will be hated exactly like Mourinho when he started winning at Chelsea.

The only reason we got a head start on hating him is because Porto did an Athletico against Celtic in the Europa League final!

ashman

I was cheering for Porto v Celtic.   I always liked Portugeese  people and soccer .  And then they turned over Man United the following year .  Beating those two clubs made me like Jose .

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on May 03, 2016, 09:57:37 PM
He might have done if he had Xavi,Iniesta and Messi at their peak at Bayern.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 03, 2016, 11:57:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 03, 2016, 09:57:37 PM
He might have done if he had Xavi,Iniesta and Messi at their peak at Bayern.
Simon Kuper in the FT reckons he is past his peak.

Maroon Manc

Simeone's team are far more negative than Mourinho's but how can you blame him given the players he has, he plays a way that gets the best out of his players and gives his team the best chance of success. He's done some job at Atletico, his team in 2014 was taken apart and to get back to the final with a vastly different squad is a phenomenal achievement.

As for Pep not getting that Bayern team to a CL final is a failure given the circumstances, he inherited the European Champions and has added Alonso, Vidal, Goetze, Thaigo, Lewandowski, Costa, Coman to a team that already had 6 or 7 world class players. Bayern were hammered in 2014 & 2015 and they might have been a bit unlucky last night but everytime Atletico put 2 passes together they were nearly in on goal. City will be his biggest test as he's not inheriting anything like the squad he's had at Barca & Bayern.

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 04, 2016, 11:43:11 AM
Simeone's team are far more negative than Mourinho's but how can you blame him given the players he has, he plays a way that gets the best out of his players and gives his team the best chance of success. He's done some job at Atletico, his team in 2014 was taken apart and to get back to the final with a vastly different squad is a phenomenal achievement.

As for Pep not getting that Bayern team to a CL final is a failure given the circumstances, he inherited the European Champions and has added Alonso, Vidal, Goetze, Thaigo, Lewandowski, Costa, Coman to a team that already had 6 or 7 world class players. Bayern were hammered in 2014 & 2015 and they might have been a bit unlucky last night but everytime Atletico put 2 passes together they were nearly in on goal. City will be his biggest test as he's not inheriting anything like the squad he's had at Barca & Bayern.
Agree re Pep. He didn't do much for Bayern considering how easy it is to win the Bundesliga