Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Bale with the champions league winner?

muppet

Quote from: AQMP on May 24, 2014, 09:37:02 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 24, 2014, 09:29:35 PM
Real out to 33/1 now.
Lump on!!

My stupid app wouldn't take my password and locked me out!

MWWSI 2017

Minder

Quote from: muppet on May 24, 2014, 10:19:00 PM
Real out to 33/1 now.
Lump on!!

Surely the 33/1 was to win in normal time ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

Quote from: Minder on May 24, 2014, 10:26:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 24, 2014, 10:19:00 PM
Real out to 33/1 now.
Lump on!!

Surely the 33/1 was to win in normal time ?

I am still locked out.  :D
MWWSI 2017

Minder

The victory was well deserved by Real, not the margin though, Marcelo outstanding for Real when he came on.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Rossie11 on May 07, 2014, 10:17:10 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2014, 10:11:06 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on May 07, 2014, 10:08:19 PM
By written off I mean they hit 1000/1 on Saturday... They are now 11/10..
Incredible collapse in odds
Did you put anything on them at 1000/1

I wish..  The 90/1 Atletico for champs league is enough this season :-)
So close.......
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dinny Breen

From Arseblog, pretty much sums up my reaction to the last goal.

This allowed Ronaldo to do what he does best – make it all about himself.

His celebration was, frankly, execrable. A repugnant display of self-promotion and narcissistic conceit. He tore off his shirt, and flexed his muscles like some kind of special needs Hulk impersonator, as if he was the one who had scored the goal that had won the trophy for his team.

He ignored completely the two goals that had come before it that had actually done just that because, I'm sure, he simply refused to accept their worth. It was the equivalent of cold-clocking a child and dancing around as if you've just out-punched Mike Tyson over 12 rounds.

The world had to see his pecs and obliques, and those grotesque, bulging trapezius that, no matter how buff he makes them, singularly fail to hide the fact that his tiny head makes him look like something from a carnival freak show and not the sculpted Adonis he seems to think he is.

"Come see the monster. A body like Atlas but the head of a flea! Roll up, roll up!"

After a game during which he'd done the square root of f**k all, divided by infinity, to behave like that after scoring a penalty which meant nothing to the overall story of the game summed him perfectly. I'm sure he'll have the moment framed and mounted on the ceiling of his personal fap room – a lair plastered with so many pictures of himself that even Brendan Rodgers would look in awe and wonder.

The rest of us just have to look at the ludicrousness of what he did and even if you admire his footballing talent, his total lack of anything approaching basic decency would be hilarious if it wasn't just so utterly odious.
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 25, 2014, 10:03:44 AM

His celebration was, frankly, execrable. A repugnant display of self-promotion and narcissistic conceit. He tore off his shirt, and flexed his muscles like some kind of special needs Hulk impersonator, as if he was the one who had scored the goal that had won the trophy for his team.

He ignored completely the two goals that had come before it that had actually done just that because, I'm sure, he simply refused to accept their worth. It was the equivalent of cold-clocking a child and dancing around as if you've just out-punched Mike Tyson over 12 rounds.

The world had to see his pecs and obliques, and those grotesque, bulging trapezius that, no matter how buff he makes them, singularly fail to hide the fact that his tiny head makes him look like something from a carnival freak show and not the sculpted Adonis he seems to think he is.

"Come see the monster. A body like Atlas but the head of a flea! Roll up, roll up!"

After a game during which he'd done the square root of f**k all, divided by infinity, to behave like that after scoring a penalty which meant nothing to the overall story of the game summed him perfectly. I'm sure he'll have the moment framed and mounted on the ceiling of his personal fap room – a lair plastered with so many pictures of himself that even Brendan Rodgers would look in awe and wonder.

The rest of us just have to look at the ludicrousness of what he did and even if you admire his footballing talent, his total lack of anything approaching basic decency would be hilarious if it wasn't just so utterly odious.
He really is odious. 
That screaming into the camera was appalling.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

That's a bit harsh. By all accounts he's a fairly decent fella in terms of how he spends his money, and his time. Of course he absolutely loves himself. Good job he's not made of chocolate. In all fairness though, he is a top class player, and has worked bloody hard to get there. Compare and contrast with Wayne Rooney. Who's made the most of his talent?

Billys Boots

I'd be inclined to agree with AZ; I never 'liked' him, but he's certainly not as bad as he used to be (maturity??).  I think the decima had been so hyped in Madrid, the club, the city and the media that the whole thing had been blown out of all proportion - cue the reaction.  Might also have been a reaction to the fact that they'd been outplayed a bit in the 90 mins and were 90 seconds from being branded (by an unforgiving club, city and media) as 'failures'. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

nrico2006

Was actually thinking the same with the celebration.   Also, over the past while I have been keen to see if he celebrates with Bale when Bale scores and on most occassions he is not one of the first 4 or 5 over to him, sort of smacks of him being annoyed that someone else (and his only rival goal/ability wise in the Madrid team) has scored and not him.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rossie11

Quote from: laoislad on May 24, 2014, 10:28:47 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on May 07, 2014, 10:17:10 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2014, 10:11:06 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on May 07, 2014, 10:08:19 PM
By written off I mean they hit 1000/1 on Saturday... They are now 11/10..
Incredible collapse in odds
Did you put anything on them at 1000/1

I wish..  The 90/1 Atletico for champs league is enough this season :-)
So close.......
The cash out feature on betfair is a gift..

laoislad

Sky Sports is launching a new channel dedicated to European football for next season - Sky Sports 5.

The Telegraph can reveal the broadcaster has expanded its empire of channels to seven following the swathe of new rights it has acquired in recent months.

Despite losing Champions League football to its arch-rival BT Sport from the season after next, Sky Sports will show more matches than ever in the coming seasons.

Next term, 600 of those will be European games, and will include fixtures from the Dutch Eredivisie after it signed a four-year deal to broadcast the competition.

Sky Sports 5, free to existing Sky Sports subscribers, will also be the home of qualifying matches for the European Championship, Spain's Primera Liga and the Copa del Rey among others.

The channel will launch on Aug 12 but can be activated by viewers from Thursday and will feature a nationwide marketing campaign starring Sky Sports ambassador David Beckham.

Sky Sports' managing director, Barney Francis, said: "Sky Sports 5 takes our unrivalled live football coverage to the next level offering more European football than ever before. There's never been a better time to be a Sky Sports customer."

Sky Sports 5 is only the second new channel to be launched by the broadcaster since 1999, the other being Sky Sports F1 two years ago.

This year has seen Sky Sports bounce back strongly from BT Sport's shock £897 million capture of the exclusive rights to European club football from next summer.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on June 10, 2014, 12:09:26 PM
Next term, 600 of those will be European games, and will include fixtures from the Dutch Eredivisie after it signed a four-year deal to broadcast the competition.

You have to love Sky.

In that context an Oulart the Ballagh versus The Fighting Cocks fixture would be considered European football.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Sky not showing the first 15mins of tonight's El Clasico. WTF?