European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Real gone after losing today. Sky will be delighted, all down to the last game between the top 2!

ONeill

Those top 3 have fairly jittered recently.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Would be some achievement if Atletico win it, a wage bill similar to Stoke City.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Could end up runners-up in both competitions. In fact, I think they will.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Apparently so

Its mad how much of a shambles Barca have been this season yet they can still win the league. Even if they do win, it will still be considered a failure of a season. They have a lot of shite to sort out this summer

mouview

Manager probably goin to get the chop for a start. New defenders needed to replace Puyol and maybe Mascherano. Cesc may decide to leave. Could they sell Messi to Citeh?

Atletico only denied by a fingertip save in injury time. So so close.

Rossie11

Quote from: mouview on May 12, 2014, 09:54:39 AM
Manager probably goin to get the chop for a start. New defenders needed to replace Puyol and maybe Mascherano. Cesc may decide to leave. Could they sell Messi to Citeh?

Atletico only denied by a fingertip save in injury time. So so close.

Absolutely brilliant save by Willy to deny them the league.
That could be as close as they get to the title as you feel Barca will have 1 big game in them when needed

Luis Enrique will be in next season and will bring urgency and aggression back to the side. Cant see Cesc leaving.
Xavi is on his last legs at that level so Cesc, Busquets and Iniesta  should be their midfield for the next few years
Cesc 27 Busquets 25 and Iniesta 30 is still a fairly young trio
Defense is where the surgery is needed. Alves will more than likely be gone to PSG. I can see them buying David Luiz. There is no guarantee their defense will improve next year
but if they get the work rate back across the team they may not need to do much to be challenging next April for everything.

magpie seanie

Quote from: ONeill on May 11, 2014, 10:44:47 PM

Hope that doesn't happen. Have a feeling Real are destined for the "decima" but on recent form Athletico really should manage at least a point against Barca.

Rossie11

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 12, 2014, 01:55:59 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 11, 2014, 10:44:47 PM

Hope that doesn't happen. Have a feeling Real are destined for the "decima" but on recent form Athletico really should manage at least a point against Barca.

If Atletico won the league last night I would have made them favourites for the Champs league as they could have had some much needed rest. Now they have 2 finals in a week.
They have been brilliant all season but its a huge ask for them to peak for both games

Rossie11

5pm Barca  V Atletico La Liga decider
7pm Bayern V Dortmund German Cup final

Cracking evening..

Captain Obvious

After ten years of Barcelona,Real Madrid finally a different Spanish league winner. Well done Atlético Madrid.

laoislad

Delighted for Ath Madrid.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Saffrongael

Brilliant stuff, great sportsmanship from the Barcs fans too
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

ziggy90

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 17, 2014, 06:54:03 PM
After ten years of Barcelona,Real Madrid finally a different Spanish league winner. Well done Atlético Madrid.
[/quote

Fair play Atletico, hope they go on to win the double now.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Minder

A coaching performance for the ages from Simeone this season.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"