Author Topic: Best Concert ever  (Read 3713 times)

Syferus

• View Profile
Re: Best Concert ever
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2017, 05:42:39 PM »
Popular response, but Dave Navarro didn't warp (nice use of the word) them, he was at best 1/4 of the band. One Hot Minute was anything but generic, and the sound shift was heavily due to Keidis' relapses. Still one of my favourite albums.

I don't think we can say one is a better player than the other - I agree JK is a better fit for the RHCP, but original he ain't.

Suck my Kiss and Give it Away, while two of the most popular songs, wouldn't be considered 2 of the best - except for nostalgia and impact purposes.

Good Times though.

Suck My Kiss was voted the fifth best RHCP song by Rolling Stone and Give It Away won a Grammy and was "included in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's unordered list of the "500 Songs That Shaped Rock"; in 2002 Kerrang! placed the song at number 67 in their list of the "100 Greatest Singles of All Time"; in 2004 Q included it in their unordered list of the "1001 Songs You Must Own!"; and VH1 awarded the song the 50th spot in its 2009 compilation of the "100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs"." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Give_It_Away_(Red_Hot_Chili_Peppers_song)

Both were popular and critical hits.

Puckoon

• View Profile
Re: Best Concert ever
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2017, 07:03:57 PM »
Donald Trump was voted PUSA!

EDIT: What this fan wanted to say was "shouldn't be considered' - not wouldn't.
Busty Servant Girl required - apply within.