Author Topic: Catholics make up 78% of free state population.👍👍👍  (Read 4452 times)

omaghjoe

• View Profile
Re: Catholics make up 78% of free state population.👍👍👍
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2017, 04:13:25 AM »

That's a very deliberate and offensive choice of words.
Adding a question mark is a cowardly way to try to escape that.

Your explanations are based on current theory applied to a 2000 year old event. Your explanations are at least equally open to dismissal on those grounds.
I agree with you that the bible is not an accurate historic account but there is no way I'd try to offend Christians for their faith. Nor would I argue with an atheists with deliberate attempts to offend.

Haha! You think I have nothing better to do than try to set out to offend people? My choice of words is an accurate picture of how I interpret these ancient texts. I could refer to the invisible man in the sky as "almighty holy and merciful God" but it wouldn't be an accurate description of how I view that character. If you choose to be offended by it than that's your business.

I see this nonsense phrase bouncing around a lot. I was always taught that God is within us and all around us. But I suppose its easier to try and and make believers sound stupid from within your own paradigm that actually trying to understand theirs.

That's not what I was taught. The big man up there creating and watching and seeing and judging everything is what it was for us. Maybe there was more than just an arbitrarily drawn border in the 40 miles between our home places! :)

Well you Donegal folk are renowned for your simplicity after all, and there was probably a good few years between us too J70 ;)
Yeah being honest there would have been a fair bit of that as well but its just a way for kids to understand the concept of God. The teaching and my understanding of God moved on with my age, and intellectual maturity, probably about the same time that I was able to grasp the concept that the sun doesn't go to sleep and the earth is actually spinning.

vallankumous

• View Profile
Re: Catholics make up 78% of free state population.👍👍👍
« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2017, 07:50:53 AM »

Haha! You think I have nothing better to do than try to set out to offend people? My choice of words is an accurate picture of how I interpret these ancient texts. I could refer to the invisible man in the sky as "almighty holy and merciful God" but it wouldn't be an accurate description of how I view that character. If you choose to be offended by it than that's your business.

No, I don't think that. And I didn't choose to be offended. Is your argument not strong enough to defend without the need to insert a new argument and defend it instead?
I said i'm ok with your interpretation of the text. I somewhat agree.