Author Topic: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.  (Read 254754 times)

AQMP

• View Profile
Re: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.
« Reply #4245 on: May 12, 2017, 03:00:11 PM »
I am aghast at the hypocrisy on display on this thread dressed as political opinion/analysis.

Are you also aghast at the fake news manufactured by O'Dowd and O'Neill over today and yesterday?

Yesterday, John O’Dowd in An Phoblacht said that Sinn Féin had opened up the discussion for a progressive alliance “but the SDLP came up with nothing reasonable”.

Today, Michelle O'Neill stated:

“When the Westminster election campaign was announced I took the initiative to invite other party leaders to explore the possibilities of a progressive pact to maximise the anti-Brexit, anti Tory vote and pro-rights and pro-equality vote. Other parties were unable to take up this offer."

Colum Eastwood had already got a refusal from Naomi Long and an understanding from Steven Agnew by the time SF began to move on the idea of an anti-Brexit alliance for the election.
Par for the course with the SDLP and SF always claiming to be the first. It's political whataboutery and all parties do it, which is my point.

Except in the case of SF they were making a false claim and continuing their narrative of re-wrtiting the historical facts.

If you read the discussion of this subject over on Slugger O'Toole even Mick Fealty (arch critic of SF) says it's unclear who proposed it first.