Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

oakleaflad

Quote from: Minder on July 24, 2017, 05:05:46 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 24, 2017, 01:52:40 PM
Lads, this auto renewed, but I'm thinking of just letting it die off this year. Anyone really interested in keeping it going?

Yeah I would like to keep going but obviously it's up to you AZ
I'm with Minder, would like to keep playing but I know you had the same thoughts last year AZ so if it's too much to organize maybe someone else can set it up

RealSpiritof98

ONeill

Quote from: oakleaflad on July 24, 2017, 06:25:02 PM
Quote from: Minder on July 24, 2017, 05:05:46 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 24, 2017, 01:52:40 PM
Lads, this auto renewed, but I'm thinking of just letting it die off this year. Anyone really interested in keeping it going?

Yeah I would like to keep going but obviously it's up to you AZ
I'm with Minder, would like to keep playing but I know you had the same thoughts last year AZ so if it's too much to organize maybe someone else can set it up

I'd say a lot will want to continue...but maybe if you appoint someone else to oversee it to give you a break?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dec

I would want it to continue but obviously it takes a bit of effort to organise. Is there anyway to split the workload among a few people?

magpie seanie

Yeah, should have said that earlier - if you need or want to share the load I'll help.

AZOffaly

How about if I just renew one, and then if anyone else wants to run the other two, I'll hand over control of it, and leave it myself. I just can't be arsed doing 4 drafts, setting up 4 leages etc. (I have 1 on the go with lads in Ferbane for years as well).

gallsman

The Iceman

I'd love to continue! Would you run the top league AZ? And someone else in the lower leagues could run those?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

dec

It looks like there can be co-commissioners

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6090.html

Managing a Fantasy league can be a great way to add fun to the game, however it can sometimes be overwhelming. If you need help, or want to give the duties to another person, assign or change a commissioner or co-commissioner while the league is active, or after it's over for the season.

Assign or change during the season

From Yahoo Fantasy, mouse over Fantasy | select a sport.
    Click your league name.
    Click the Commissioner tab.
    Under "League Management," click Assign Commissioner Access.
    Select the mangers you want as commissioner or co-commissioner.
    Click Submit.

Assign or change after the season is over

If you don't plan on returning to your league as commissioner next year, transfer duties to another owner even after the season ends.

Click on your Fantasy Profile.
    Click on the league name.
    Click Set Commissioners.
    Select the new commissioner or co-commissioner.
    Click Submit.

tippabu

I'll keep going if there's room.

Give any thoughts to a 16 team league AZ depending on numbers? We do one on a Celtic forum, think it's 4 division of 4, top team in each through to the playoffs and next 4 teams with best overall records through aswell. We do it on the nfl sites fantasy football. Makes the draft really interesting and tough.

Oraisteach

Have to disagree with a 16-team proposal, Tipp. I play in one, and one injury and you're screwed.  I hope Shane is able to continue.  He's been far and away the best commish I've dealt with, but I can imagine the hassle of coordinating three leagues.

dec

I like the promotion/relegation format that we have. I would be willing to be a co-commissioner in a division if the stuff I linked to earlier works. If you could get 2 volunteers from each division to be co-commissioners it could lessen the load.

I wonder is it possible to be a commissioner in a division that you are not competing in so that there is no way you can make decisions in your own favour?

Rossie11

Quote from: dec on July 26, 2017, 06:27:08 PM
I like the promotion/relegation format that we have. I would be willing to be a co-commissioner in a division if the stuff I linked to earlier works. If you could get 2 volunteers from each division to be co-commissioners it could lessen the load.

I wonder is it possible to be a commissioner in a division that you are not competing in so that there is no way you can make decisions in your own favour?
Same as that.
Its a good competition and would be shame to let it slide as I think they are plenty who would help out with the workload.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"