Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 21, 2017, 09:36:05 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 21, 2017, 08:23:13 PM
Quote from: ck on February 21, 2017, 08:20:35 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 21, 2017, 07:55:40 PM
Quote from: Sleater on February 21, 2017, 07:16:14 PM
Expecting Ulster to be a Donegal v Monaghan final with Donegal favourites. Ususal suspects of Dublin, Corkr, Mayo and Kerry to be there or there abouts in the eventual shake up

Mayo are anything but the usual suspects at U21.

Of course they're usual suspects!! Always in the shake up at this grade. I can't see anyone touching them in Connacht this year.

Someone above said "Kerry are a mess". I assume that is some strange attempt at sarcasm? Kerry are awesome this year. Easily the best talent pool in Ireland and a top manager. Kerry for All Ireland

They've made one Connacht final in eight years. I want what you're smoking.

For once Syferus you have a point.
and while Kerry will be most peoples tip to win both Munster and the All Ireland this year it should be noted they havent won a Munster title at this grade since 2008.

RedHandTom

Tyrone have been going well in challenge games but the fact we pulled out of the Shamrock Cup has meant its hard to know exactly where we are. We've beaten Cork, Dublin, Down and Slaughtneil but lost narrowly to Kildare. We play Donegal in first round which should be a hum dinger in Omagh.
Word on Armagh and Monaghan is good too.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: RedHandTom on February 21, 2017, 10:09:04 PM
Tyrone have been going well in challenge games but the fact we pulled out of the Shamrock Cup has meant its hard to know exactly where we are. We've beaten Cork, Dublin, Down and Slaughtneil but lost narrowly to Kildare. We play Donegal in first round which should be a hum dinger in Omagh.
Word on Armagh and Monaghan is good too.

You'd have to be impressed if Slaughtneil win the Ulster under-21 as well.

stevecw

My own team Carlow are struggling for this one. Eire Og who are very strong at u-21 level have nobody on the panel. 2 of the better players are out due to illness. Can only see Wexford winning this easily, if you can get any bookies to give you decent odds go for it.
Louth will also hammer Wicklow, home advantage in Baltinglass is no use to them. A very poor side, kinda thrown together really from what I hear and will be well beaten too.

ck

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 21, 2017, 10:05:17 PM
Expecting Ulster to be a Donegal v Monaghan final with Donegal favourites. Ususal suspects of Dublin, Corkr, Mayo and Kerry to be there or there abouts in the eventual shake up

Of course they're usual suspects!! Always in the shake up at this grade. I can't see anyone touching them in Connacht this year.

Someone above said "Kerry are a mess". I assume that is some strange attempt at sarcasm? Kerry are awesome this year. Easily the best talent pool in Ireland and a top manager. Kerry for All Ireland

and while Kerry will be most peoples tip to win both Munster and the All Ireland this year it should be noted they havent won a Munster title at this grade since 2008.

One Connacht final in 8 years? Really? Then I stand corrected. In saying that, they are reigning Connacht and All Ireland Champions and will be in the shake up again this year.
Oh and Sligo will beat Rossies.

blanketattack

I fancy Cork, were unlucky to lose last years u21 final and have most of that team again. Kerry have lost 3 of their best players from their minor team 3 years ago, one to Irish dancing, one to Aussie Rules and one to injury.

sligoman2

Oh and Sligo will beat Roscommon.

Can't wait till the Rossies wake up and read this - 😂😂😂😂😂😂
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Rossfan

They probably will but I wonder do they still remember the laps of honour they were doing before the Connacht Final in 2010  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Brapbrap

Quote from: Rossfan on February 22, 2017, 02:51:08 PM
They probably will but I wonder do they still remember the laps of honour they were doing before the Connacht Final in 2010  ;)

Shut up you and support your home county.

Syferus

Quote from: Brapbrap on February 22, 2017, 03:24:43 PM

Larrin, all this anger isn't healthy for you.

Brapbrap

Quote from: Syferus on February 22, 2017, 03:27:49 PM
Quote from: Brapbrap on February 22, 2017, 03:24:43 PM

Larrin, all this anger isn't healthy for you.

I'm a happy man young cub. I live a blissful existence.

Blowitupref

Quote from: ck on February 22, 2017, 06:06:01 AM

One Connacht final in 8 years? Really? Then I stand corrected. In saying that, they are reigning Connacht and All Ireland Champions and will be in the shake up again this year.

2006 to 2009 Mayo won 4 in a row Connacht titles and one All Ireland. The majority of the Mayo senior panel 2011 to 2015 came from those 4 U21 teams. Last year was Mayos first U21 Connacht final appearance and win since 2009 and they reached that final by beating just Leitrim and only beat Roscommon by one point in the final. Galway I can imagine will be more than a match for Mayo this year afterall they were the best minor team in Connacht by some distance the last two years.

By all accounts Roscommon aren't meant to be strong at U21 level this year and they have lost key players to injury. It's a great opportunity for Sligo to reach the final but hard to see them troubling Galway or Mayo in the final.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 22, 2017, 03:57:06 PM

2006 to 2009 Mayo won 4 in a row Connacht titles and one All Ireland. The majority of the Mayo senior panel 2011 to 2015 came from those 4 U21 teams. Last year was Mayos first U21 Connacht final appearance and win since 2009 and they reached that final by beating just Leitrim and only beat Roscommon by one point in the final. Galway I can imagine will be more than a match for Mayo this year afterall they were the best minor team in Connacht by some distance the last two years.

By all accounts Roscommon aren't meant to be strong at U21 level this year and they have lost key players to injury. It's a great opportunity for Sligo to reach the final but hard to see them troubling Galway or Mayo in the final.

Strong enough to win a bit of tin in the pre-season..

Blowitupref

Quote from: Syferus on February 22, 2017, 04:02:58 PM

You do realise that bit of tin was for the loser section of the competition? In the Hastings cup Roscommon played three group games and were well beaten in all 3.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Brapbrap

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 22, 2017, 05:08:15 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 22, 2017, 04:02:58 PM

You do realise that bit of tin was for the loser section of the competition? In the Hastings cup Roscommon played three group games and were well beaten in all 3.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D