Greatest Country in the world

Started by Hereiam, October 28, 2015, 12:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

shark

Quote from: seafoid on October 28, 2015, 11:22:15 AM
Lebanon. The food and the climate

The people are generally fantastic too. But the absolute filth of the place is a major turn off. And that's not just since the latest garbage crisis. Also electricity blackouts are a pain in neck. If you're there long enough the politics of the country wears you down too. Give me Europe any day.

mouview

Anywhere without paramilitary organisations, junkies, work-dodgers, social welfare types, 'extended families' etc. Such a place would surely be nirvana. Switzerland?

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on October 28, 2015, 08:48:28 AM
Barman in local pub banned phones for exactly that reason...

Internet ruins a good arguement

Not at all.  Just gives fodder for different arguments.  Why is it only warm countries topping the 'best climate' rankings? I fecking hate the heat.  And richest countries?  Quatar must be great to live in if you're an immigrant worker building the wc stadia; the US, most of that wealth is in the hands of the top 1%.   And where's the happiness index?  etc...

Rudi

Quote from: orangeman on October 28, 2015, 09:36:24 AM
Quote from: Syferus on October 28, 2015, 02:18:25 AM
Ireland.

+1

Apart from the countryside, Gaa and family here. Its a shit-hole. Mass employment can never seem to be sustained here. Ass lickers make it to the highly paid jobs. Scumbags on welfare. Unpunished crime. Shit bad weather. People walk as if they carry 5 stone excess on their backs. Happy to be second in sport. Joe Duffy has a prime slot on radio for whingeing. Bad relationship with drink. Politics and corruption. No confidence in healthcare system. Exporting our best resources for nothing. Lack of community and all the ills of a capitalist society. Rise and rise of a political party inextricably linked to murder of innocent civilians. Religious division. Homelessness. Broad daylight drug taking on capital citys main street. Pander to the loudest and not the majority. Litter dumped everywhere, road sides, bogs, fields etc. Irish people are filthy, foul mouthed scumbags. People pissing/ sick in doorways.

NAG1

Quote from: Rudi on October 28, 2015, 03:11:40 PM
Ireland.

+1

Apart from the countryside, Gaa and family here. Its a shit-hole. Mass employment can never seem to be sustained here. Ass lickers make it to the highly paid jobs. Scumbags on welfare. Unpunished crime. Shit bad weather. People walk as if they carry 5 stone excess on their backs. Happy to be second in sport. Joe Duffy has a prime slot on radio for whingeing. Bad relationship with drink. Politics and corruption. No confidence in healthcare system. Exporting our best resources for nothing. Lack of community and all the ills of a capitalist society. Rise and rise of a political party inextricably linked to murder of innocent civilians. Religious division. Homelessness. Broad daylight drug taking on capital citys main street. Pander to the loudest and not the majority. Litter dumped everywhere, road sides, bogs, fields etc. Irish people are filthy, foul mouthed scumbags. People pissing/ sick in doorways.

Say what you really feel Rudi

From the Bunker

Ireland.

+1

Ah, it's not all bad. But it's not great either. Pretty depressing place. This summer had to be the worst in a long time (and that takes beating). Outdoor events and Parties almost always end up a washout or too cold or both. Vitamin D must have been in short supply this summer.
Job opportunities are few and far between. Most of the young Families in my area are getting by. Not many of them have both the Mother and father working. The rest comprises of different bits and pieces of jobs and social welfare. We are lucky that both myself and my wife have solid jobs. Only for family (friends not as important anymore), I'd be gone. Most  of the youth are gone, trickles come back. But only trickles and that is mostly from emotional Blackmail from Parents. Most have formed relationships with non irish abroad, have good jobs and have a superior lifestyle. Anyone who is happy here, does not know any better. And in fairness what you don't know can't hurt you. Ignorance is bliss.

muppet

Ireland.

+1

+1

Our idiots only almost bankrupted us (though give them time!), Iceland's did it in style. Then they devalued the currency by 90% and thus devaluing the locals wealth by the same.

Iceland's natural attractions include worse weather than ours, inbreeding worse than ours, earthquakes & volcanoes.

Here is their seismic activity for the last 48 hours: http://en.vedur.is/earthquakes-and-volcanism/earthquakes/

Here is a great site to check out the world's seismic activity: http://ds.iris.edu/seismon/
MWWSI 2017

Canalman

For what it is worth I reckon by and large Ireland is one of the greatest countries (if not the best) to grow up in.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 28, 2015, 03:35:45 PM
Ireland.

+1

Ah, it's not all bad. But it's not great either. Pretty depressing place. This summer had to be the worst in a long time (and that takes beating). Outdoor events and Parties almost always end up a washout or too cold or both. Vitamin D must have been in short supply this summer.
Job opportunities are few and far between. Most of the young Families in my area are getting by. Not many of them have both the Mother and father working. The rest comprises of different bits and pieces of jobs and social welfare. We are lucky that both myself and my wife have solid jobs. Only for family (friends not as important anymore), I'd be gone. Most  of the youth are gone, trickles come back. But only trickles and that is mostly from emotional Blackmail from Parents. Most have formed relationships with non irish abroad, have good jobs and have a superior lifestyle. Anyone who is happy here, does not know any better. And in fairness what you don't know can't hurt you. Ignorance is bliss.

Totally depends on the industry. IT is crying out for skilled professionals. Other industries picking up again too. Probably the biggest problem in Ireland is the centralisation of jobs in Galway, Cork, Belfast and of course Dublin.

deiseach

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on October 28, 2015, 02:32:14 PM
Anywhere without paramilitary organisations, junkies, work-dodgers, social welfare types, 'extended families' etc. Such a place would surely be nirvana. Switzerland?
The mountains are fabulous but the Swiss Germans are very uptight and the SVP party is odious.
Single mothers get a very raw deal too.
I would prefer Italy....

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 28, 2015, 03:35:45 PM
Ireland.

+1

I dunno if living in England would be superior to having a middling job in Ireland. It depends what you want.
Galway and Mayo - you could do a lot worse. 

Orior

Quote from: Hereiam on October 28, 2015, 12:08:15 AM
In your opinion what is the greatest country in the world at this point of time.
For me it has to be Iceland. Its has wonderful scenery and its government stands up for its peoples interests.

I was sure that this was posted by one of ONeill's handles.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 28, 2015, 08:44:49 AM

Most Lithuanians on the education lost are being educated in Omagh Tech. We were robbed.

Death by natural disaster is the same as any other country but the probability is higher you'll be sentenced to death

Qatar bribed their way to second place

Canada finished above Ireland despite never featuring in the top 10. Another reason to love Canada