Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

Just thought I'd start the ball rolling here lads.  Tyrone's strong performance today and Kerry's five point v Cork should be enough to set up an interesting All Ireland final.  Obviously Kerry chasing revenge and a three in a row; their first since the eighties and Tyrone seeking three All Ireland titles in this decade.  Promises to be a great build-up.  Any tickets?

Tatler Jack

QuotePromises to be a great build-up.  Any tickets?

No. But I have a couple for the Wexford V Cork game that is on the same day!!

Fuzzman

Just read your previous posts t.here Seany and yeah my 1st reaction to this thread was right.

w**ker!

Why is an Armagh man starting this thread?

Seany

Thanks for that Fuzzman.  Where is the rule that says someone form the competing counties has to set up the thread for that match?

Lighten up.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

From the Bunker

Can some one with a bit of manners please get rid of this Thread untill this afternoons result.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Owenmoresider

Let hostilities commence I guess. Hopefully Sam will go north again. And maybe a double too.

JMohan

I think Tyrone will shade it, but only just.

There is no doubt that of the teams Kerry have played recently Tyrone pose the biggest threat to their full back line, the pace will be very hard to stop. Tyrone scored a lot of points from play and Kerry's defense will have to be very tight for the full 70

Kerry are good and may shade midfield, but I think McMahon and Gormley will have enough to slow up Walsh more than Cork did.

INDIANA

i think you're wrong because 95% of games are won at midfield, if tyrone don't get 50/50 at midfield they will lose in my view because kerry ahve more firepower.

JMohan

Usually I'd agree, but Tyrone are one team that can manage not to win midfield hands down and play down the wings remarkably well to great effect.
In fact dispite what Brolly was slabbering about - if you watch the Tyrone build up - most of it comes from the wings and the half backs.
We know they'll smother midfield too so even if Kerry 'win' Midflield they won't win it by much.... it's going to be close.

DUBSFORSAM1

I think this could be a great game but the only requirement is a ref who can actually ref the game properly and apply the rules...

Main Street

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2008, 05:57:34 PM
i think you're wrong because 95% of games are won at midfield, if tyrone don't get 50/50 at midfield they will lose in my view because kerry ahve more firepower.
Mickey Harte has his take on the matter
"Whenever we get a method in there which plays to our strengths, take advantage of what our midfielders have to offer, then we'll be able to hold our own with most teams.
You won't always win all your midfield battles but what is midfield.
Midfield to me is the middle third of the field.
It's not about two people - number eight and nine. It's an entire group of players, in the front with the half-forward line, the half-backs and the midfielders."

INDIANA

it is and kerry are good are at the breaks as well, kerry don't need the same amount of possession as other teams. tyrone have very good forwards but kerry's are better individually and tyrone need to ensure it doesn't become a shootout because they will lose if it does. should be a fascinating game.