cut backs

Started by highorlow, December 04, 2006, 08:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

QuoteMayo hurlers have launched a broadside at the county board for dispensing of the services of team manager Frank Browne.

Despite making great progress with the Westerners last year, Browne was sensationally sacked after county board officials felt he had spent too much money on basic equipment which most top club sides would take for granted.

The board was also unhappy about the fact that Browne held training sessions three times a week, despite being instructed to train them only twice to keep costs down.

"We're all shocked by the decision because Frank had already put a lot of plans ready to start next year," said Mayo hurler Derek Walsh.

"It's hard to understand why he didn't get the job again, especially after the year we had last year. 2007 will be the most important year for Mayo hurling for a long time because with the way the league is being restructured for 2008, what grade you play in is determined by how well you do in the league this year.

"If we're left idling any longer, then we're going to be in really serious trouble."

This is probably on the Mayo Hurling Thread but i thought i'd post it here since Money is the issue.

Obviously the cut backs have started on the Hurling since Johnno has started shopping.

As long as the CB stay clear of Johnno and the footballers i don't mind. We can worry about Liam after we get SAM and defend him again in 2008!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go