Ulster Minor Club Championship

Started by gallsman, December 03, 2006, 11:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

First two games have been played, Castlewellan winning the preliminary last week and ourselves spanking Monaghan Harps this afternoon in terrible conditions. They were 0-6 to 0-2 up at half time, with McGourty playing across the backline as it was obvious he wouldn't receive much ball in the gale force winds. After half time however, he took control of the game, scoring a fantastic goal inside the first ten seconds. He ended up with 2-5 I think from our total of 2-10, including a point from either sideline and a free from the forty-five. No doubt in my mind now that he's the best young footballer in Ulster, he's come on so much even in the year since I played with him.

Galls 2-10 Harps 0-09

never kickt a ball

Any chance for the rest of the fixtures for this competition gallsman?

gallsman

Saturday December 9th

Coalisland (Tyrone) Vs. Crossmaglen (Armagh) (1)

Sunday December 10th

Donegal Champions v Tempo (Fermanagh) (2)

Cavan Gaels (Cavan) v Castlewellan (Down) (3)

Sunday December 17th

(1) Vs. (2)

Tuesday December 26th

St. Galls Vs. (3)

Monday January 1st

Final

Carmen Stateside

nrico2006

Good win for St Galls then, but the winners of Coalisland and Crossmaglen will win the whole thing.  As for your boy Mc Gourty, no doubt hes a good player but to say hes the best in Ulster, thats stretching it abit.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

youbetterbelieveit

where or who was the Derry representative?

gallsman

Dungiven were beaten 1-11 to 1-4 by Castlewellan last Sunday in the preliminary round. Nrico, would you care to nominate someone better out there? He's as good as anyone in the province.

SlimShady

I will...

Justin Crozier.

Antrim Minor Captain.

if you don't know who he is, ask any member of your senior team  ;)

gallsman

Crozier is indeed a cracking player, no doubt about it, and is certainly a huge part of Antrim's future, but from my view McGourty is a better player. If you want to play little games like that, why don't you ask Nemo Rangers od Salthill who CJ is......?? ;)

SlimShady

who? Salthill as in AI Champions Salthill?!

McGourty is a quality player, top quality. His attitude stinks and his antics at the minor setup sickened my balls. Give me Justy anyday.

gallsman

Yes Slim, All Ireland Champions Salthill. Remember we made it out of Ulster and all the way to the final only to fall at the final hurdle? No? ;) His attitude has come on immensey Slim, he fianlly appears to be growing up. I don't think he's best suited as our minor captain this year, as his mouth will emerge at some stage. As I've said Justy is a great player, but he doesn't have the skills CJ does.

SlimShady

he doesnt have the skills  ;D

yeah-he cant play hurling!!

his attitude was great not 6 months ago in the Ulster Final when he left early with his father and more or less said 'f**k the rest of ye'

nrico2006

Someone better.  Tyrone have 3 excellent young players coming through, all of whom would be better.  Justin Mc Mahon, Raymond Mulgrew and Gareth Devlin.  Donegal have a gem in Dualtach Molloy, amazing player.  And I have seen Crozier, different type of player than mc gourty, but a player who will adapt to senior alot better than mcgourty.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

davincicode

Gallsman,

A talent he is that for sure, however recent stories i have heard from reliable sources suggest a dark side, Allegedly he and his father punted "His Services to the Highest Bidder in the UNI Front, with the grades he had, that is  disgraceful, he,s lucky to be anywhere in Third level at all, and then to not turn up to U21 Trials and allegedly inform management that you are the best in the county and don't have to Trial at all. They leave you out of panel then Daddy comes on to complain allegedly and then confirm that he is the Best, Christ what is this world comming to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!