Goal of the Year

Started by Prestige, November 30, 2006, 02:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prestige

Is it too early to start this thread with some club matches left? However, I don't think there is a goal to beat that one in the Connacht Club Final last sunday....any views???

screenexile

Are there any online videos of the goal??

Bogball XV

without thinking about this at all, McDonald and Gardiner's effort in the drawn mayo final was none too shabby either

Kerry Mike

Declan O'Sullivan's goal in the AI final was a great team move and tore the soul out of Mayo before they could settle.

Donaghy's bullets against Mayo and Armagh were brilliant in their execution but not great goals.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

full back

OK Mike,
What about a goal that Kerry werent involved in

Tir na nÓg

I thought brian mallon's goal against monaghon in the reply of the ulster championship was very good. Good work from a team perspective and well caught when the ball was fielded into him. There was still alot for him to do when he caught it and he drove it straight into the top corner, fine goal ;)

OkeyDoke

Paul McGrane's goal in the Ulster final(i think)

NICSSA

What about Henry Shefflin's goal in Leinster (was it against Wexford) when the ball was crossed in and he first timed it to the top corner?

aontroim abu

here NICSSA, on a totally different track -what happened between Glenravel & Glenavy in the minor game at the weekend? I heasr one of your players was sent off and ran back on near the end to start a fight

Redgreenery

The goal McDonald and/or Gardiner got against Ballaghadreen in the first match to force a draw. Had to be the best and the luckiest. Don't think I've ever seen a goal like it.

Shrewdness

It has to be Karol Mannion's goal against Corofin last Sunday. The player himself has said that he went for goal, because with them being 2 points down, and only a minute of injury time left, he knew that anything less than a goal wouldn't be good enough. Ciaran Mc Donald/Gardiner's goal was down to sheer naive, bad defending on Ballaghaderreen's part.

J70

Quote from: OkeyDoke on November 30, 2006, 03:25:21 PM
Paul McGrane's goal in the Ulster final(i think)

Great finish all right, but the number of steps was a bit suspect!

J70

Donegal's goal against Down. Good build-up play, fantastic shot from Rory Kavanagh.

Down's goal in that game wasn't bad either.

culchy1

i thought tommy freemans goal against tyrone was very good!! :-*

mjg

mannions goal last sunday was definetely the best goal ive seen all year