Who will win the 2024 Ulster title

Donegal
27 (56.3%)
Armagh
21 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: April 27, 2024, 08:54:31 PM

Rossfan

Helps to have good defenders in front of you!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dreadnought

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 10, 2024, 02:14:43 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 10, 2024, 08:49:32 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 10, 2024, 08:30:55 AM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 10, 2024, 06:54:16 AMIt's a tight Championship and always is.

Only 2 of the big 3 of Derry, Donegal and Armagh are going to make the Ulster final.
Not even a good wind up that.

There'll be a kick in Tyrone yet and Cavan will fear no one with the way they played at the weekend.

what exactly have tyrone shown for you to day there will be a kick from them
Canavan and McCurry are top top forwards. Plus the fact the huers beat us twice last year.

I'd seen nothing to suggest Cavan would beat Monaghan based on the league.

Nothing? Know we were poor vs yourselves, but we did well in away games, ran Donegal to a point, and finished 3rd while Monaghan were brutal in last 6 League games. Not saying we were favourites, but never nothing to see in this

Tones

Rian named in midfield rest really as you were.

Armagh18

Quote from: Dreadnought on April 10, 2024, 03:51:01 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 10, 2024, 02:14:43 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 10, 2024, 08:49:32 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 10, 2024, 08:30:55 AM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 10, 2024, 06:54:16 AMIt's a tight Championship and always is.

Only 2 of the big 3 of Derry, Donegal and Armagh are going to make the Ulster final.
Not even a good wind up that.

There'll be a kick in Tyrone yet and Cavan will fear no one with the way they played at the weekend.

what exactly have tyrone shown for you to day there will be a kick from them
Canavan and McCurry are top top forwards. Plus the fact the huers beat us twice last year.

I'd seen nothing to suggest Cavan would beat Monaghan based on the league.

Nothing? Know we were poor vs yourselves, but we did well in away games, ran Donegal to a point, and finished 3rd while Monaghan were brutal in last 6 League games. Not saying we were favourites, but never nothing to see in this
Well based off what I seen yous looked a division 3 team that day, didn't see any more of yous to be honest and yous obviously had a strong start to the league and ran Donegal close.

Either way league form goes out the window come championship especially in a game with your neighbours and Cavan always strike me as a team that lifts things for championship in fairness and had a super win the other day. 

Armagh18

Strong Armagh team named, glad to see Rian back starting where he belongs.

statto

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 11, 2024, 10:20:40 PMStrong Armagh team named, glad to see Rian back starting where he belongs.
Geezer changing all the numbers around does my head in as if Fermanagh will think jarly og burns is going play corner forward and turbitt is going play wing forward.I would like see Rian get a run at midfield as think this a weak area for us, but burns, crealey or mackin could all play middle of the field.

tonto1888

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 11, 2024, 10:20:40 PMStrong Armagh team named, glad to see Rian back starting where he belongs.

McCabe injured?

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 12, 2024, 08:13:47 AM

McCabe injured?
He must be. Conor O'Neill the same. No way those 2 aren't at least on the bench, McCabe had a great league and O'Neill was very good when he played.

yellowcard

Quote from: statto on April 12, 2024, 06:43:09 AM
Geezer changing all the numbers around does my head in as if Fermanagh will think jarly og burns is going play corner forward and turbitt is going play wing forward.I would like see Rian get a run at midfield as think this a weak area for us, but burns, crealey or mackin could all play middle of the field.

Numbers mean nothing. Basically we will play with one or two men up the pitch (probably Murnin and Turbitt/Conaty), one or two men as designated markers at the back (Burns and McKay) with everybody else moving up and down the pitch. Same as nearly every team nowadays so this thing of lining out teams in 1-6-2-6 simply pre-dates the Jimmy McGuinness tactical revolution. It still bemuses me to see a half back get extra credit for picking off scores when they are often the best placed players on the team to kick points. 

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on April 12, 2024, 12:39:33 PM

Numbers mean nothing. Basically we will play with one or two men up the pitch (probably Murnin and Turbitt/Conaty), one or two men as designated markers at the back (Burns and McKay) with everybody else moving up and down the pitch. Same as nearly every team nowadays so this thing of lining out teams in 1-6-2-6 simply pre-dates the Jimmy McGuinness tactical revolution. It still bemuses me to see a half back get extra credit for picking off scores when they are often the best placed players on the team to kick points. 
Yeah absolutely, we'll see 1 or 2 of the 3 you mentioned or Rian inside, the 2 sitting back and the rest will be up and down the field all day.

Itchy

Quote from: yellowcard on April 12, 2024, 12:39:33 PM

Where will your goalie play?

Orior

Will someone pulleeassse think of the the children............., and discuss the Down v Antrim game.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armagh18

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on April 12, 2024, 09:03:03 PMWill someone pulleeassse think of the the children............., and discuss the Down v Antrim game.

Children shouldn't be allowed to watch that, with its pre throw in aggro.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

What Improvement has Laverty done for Down?