Would a GAA County Team Reciprocate Liverpool FC's Dunboyne Jersey Gesture?

Started by IolarCoisCuain, April 28, 2018, 05:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would a GAA County Team Reciprocate Liverpool FC's gesture of hanging a Dunboyne jersey in their dressing room in reversed circumstances?

Of course
7 (9.6%)
Never
11 (15.1%)
How is this even a question?
33 (45.2%)
Cahill Must Go
22 (30.1%)

Total Members Voted: 73

blast05

Des 65 in a couple of days time. A new director of sport in RTE ....... is he angling for a package ?

larryin89

Don't understand  his tweet at all, what exactly does he mean ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

longballin

Quote from: supersub on April 29, 2018, 03:50:52 AM
Anyone who saw the scenes between Crossmaglen and Cullyhanna recently would know that both supporter and player violence is very much going on in our game.

that's true and not to be condoned but is red mist madness not comparable to soccer on the streets pre-planned with all sorts of weapons.

Rossfan

Quote from: larryin89 on April 29, 2018, 11:32:30 AM
Don't understand  his tweet at all, what exactly does he mean ?

Always thought he was a floot. Now I'm sure of it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LilySavage

Get rid. This clown is the presenter of The Sunday Game. Let's be honest he hasn't a clue about the GAA. Cuala me arse. Used think he was a harmless eegit. That tweet is outrageous.

brokencrossbar1

Anyone who saw the scenes between Crossmaglen and Cullyhanna recently would know that both supporter and player violence is very much going on in our game.

As someone who was involved in the whole thing don't got caught up in thinking that what went on at that game and what happened on Tuesday night are in anyway comparable. One event was a 3-4 minute burst of madness in reaction to an incident, the other was a premeditated organised group of attackers. The culture round violence at a GAA match and what happened in Liverpool can be summed up though by the fallout of our game last week. Even though there was a lot of aggression last week, on and off the field,  I took our u12s to Cullyhanna yesterday, less than a week after it, and had a vey sporting game with not a cross word between players, management and supporters, all of whom would have been at the game the previous week and some involved in what happened, myself and my brother in law being 2 and he is a coach as well as I am.

Des Cahill is an Idiot for his comment and he should actually be shown the road. There was absolutely no need for it.

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 29, 2018, 02:16:53 PM

As someone who was involved in the whole thing don't got caught up in thinking that what went on at that game and what happened on Tuesday night are in anyway comparable. One event was a 3-4 minute burst of madness in reaction to an incident, the other was a premeditated organised group of attackers. The culture round violence at a GAA match and what happened in Liverpool can be summed up though by the fallout of our game last week. Even though there was a lot of aggression last week, on and off the field,  I took our u12s to Cullyhanna yesterday, less than a week after it, and had a vey sporting game with not a cross word between players, management and supporters, all of whom would have been at the game the previous week and some involved in what happened, myself and my brother in law being 2 and he is a coach as well as I am.

Des Cahill is an Idiot for his comment and he should actually be shown the road. There was absolutely no need for it.

Agree with all of this BC! Trying to create controversy, very poor choice of incident.
O'Neills Therapist

BennyCake

Daft really. That fella that was injured, that shirt is his home, his roots, his village. Thats why it was done.

If someone was injured that happened to be a Liverpool fan, why would their gaa club hang a Liverpool shirt. I mean, the odds are that person has no connection to Liverpool. They just happen to follow the Liverpool teams interests. Liverpool isn't their home, identity, roots etc.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Ball Hopper on April 29, 2018, 03:05:36 AM
Quote from: longballin on April 28, 2018, 11:09:26 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on April 28, 2018, 11:00:53 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 28, 2018, 10:50:08 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on April 28, 2018, 06:07:44 PM
Assaults have and do happen around GAA matches.

I've seen opposing supporters fighting plenty of times at matches themselves.

Christy Burke's son was stabbed and ended up in a critical condition after the Leinster final replay in 2000 but survived.

A Donegal supporter was beaten and died the night of the 1992 All-Ireland final. Seamus Braid was his name.

Not to mention some of the thuggery that has happened on the pitch. Tell Mark McGovern's family that thuggery doesn't happen on the pitch.

terrible incidents but very few and far between and those years show

Did Mark McGovern make a full recovery?

I believe he did but does not take away at all from what happened.

Absolutely...glad he recovered.

He did indeed - and is working for the GAA now at Croke Park .

Itchy

Des is a total clown. His tweet shows that. To think he makes a living from presenting GAA games is incredible. He's better at dancing and he's shit at that.

LeoMc

I would like to think that the next time the Chairman of Liverpool is stabbed at a Dunboyne match the Rovers would make some acknowledgement of LFC  in their dressing room.

seafoid

If unbelievable Jeff had been beaten unconscious while recording "the road to croker" at the an Ghaeltacht club last year I am sure tigh Pháidi would have put a Hartlepool jersey on display.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

Quote from: seafoid on April 30, 2018, 09:43:14 AM
If unbelievable Jeff had been beaten unconscious while recording "the road to croker" at the an Ghaeltacht club last year I am sure tigh Pháidi would have put a Hartlepool jersey on display.

The Monkey Hangers would really appreciate that.
Unbelievable Jeff unbelievable
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

haranguerer

Quote from: LeoMc on April 30, 2018, 09:38:39 AM
I would like to think that the next time the Chairman of Liverpool is stabbed at a Dunboyne match the Rovers would make some acknowledgement of LFC  in their dressing room.

Almost precisely (i don't think he was stabbed, was he?)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: LeoMc on April 30, 2018, 09:38:39 AM
This. Which is why I voted Cahill has to go.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.