Down v Roscommon Sunday 11th feb Hyde park

Started by Smurfy123, February 05, 2018, 06:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Massive game for Down if we loose can all but wave goodbye to promotion
Roscommon lucky enough in then dirst 2 matches but great comebacks
Why are they leaving it so late in games?
It is a match Down should be confident of winning

Syferus

Lol, you make your luck.

Unless Down have improved massively in the last two years there's a big gap they need to bridge to win this one away from home.

Smurfy123

I'm not doubting your team as I feel Roscommon are a very good team
I don't think we have improved at all in 4/5 years but the one thing I will say when Down are underdogs they play better
Going to be closer than many people suggest

seafoid

Down could give Ros a Hydeing. Last year they got their mojo back in round 3 iirc.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

OgraAnDun

Got the mojo back? Won for the first time in two years.

Roscommon to win handily enough.

Cunny Funt

Watched the highlights tonight, Down were only 0-10 to 0-8 behind v Cork yesterday and looking competitive then a silly keeper error gave Cork a cushion of a 5 point lead and they only won by 6. Harrison will be big handful to the Roscommon full back line Cork at times had 3 men marking him.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 05, 2018, 08:48:04 PM
Watched the highlights tonight, Down were only 0-10 to 0-8 behind v Cork yesterday and looking competitive then a silly keeper error gave Cork a cushion of a 5 point lead and they only won by 6. Harrison will be big handful to the Roscommon full back line Cork at times had 3 men marking him.
harrison was sent off at the death on a straight red so will miss this weeks match.
nil satis nisi optimum

Syferus

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 05, 2018, 09:31:01 PM
harrison was sent off at the death on a straight red so will miss this weeks match.

;D ;D

Cunny Funt

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 05, 2018, 09:31:01 PM
Big blow to Down and big bonus to the rossies so..

Orchard park

Quinlivan twice the footballer and Tipp were bet by Ross.

Roscommon sideline needs to take this one seriously , get the win and leave them safeish. Downs only win might be that Louth game....

Targetman

Having seen Down yesterday I can see only one outcome and that's a comfortable win for Roscommon, we really are struggling for scores and I fear a more physical Roscommon will dominate the game, hope I'm wrong!!

SHEEDY

Odds for sunday's match;  Roscommon  2/5 v Down  5/2   draw 15/2. seems about right to me. have to agree with targetman, after seeing Down against cork and struggling for long periods against louth there's only one outcome in this game.      
nil satis nisi optimum

Rossfan

We were supposed to bate Meath handily enough too ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

OgraAnDun

Where were they on?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 05, 2018, 11:53:17 PM

Where were they on?

TG4