GAA Revenues

Started by seafoid, January 31, 2018, 06:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatest

Quote from: thewobbler on February 02, 2018, 08:54:09 AM
While mayo's spending is disproportionally high even in that quartet, the fact that the four highest spenders were the four all Ireland finalists should tell you that their spending isn't greater than Sligo because they're pulling strokes, but because they're successful on the field.

Mayo and Galway outspend the other pair because they've further to travel for the majority of their matches.

Then when you factor in 2 replays in Croke Park, you can largely explain their additional spend over the the other finalists.

Sometimes things just aren't sinister at all folks.

Serious amount to spend though, If you don't have the money you cant compete until the end is what your saying.

And Galway and Mayo having far large populations than Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon. Something needs to be done here.

I also realise Clare are not in Connaught.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 02, 2018, 09:01:07 AM
While mayo's spending is disproportionally high even in that quartet, the fact that the four highest spenders were the four all Ireland finalists should tell you that their spending isn't greater than Sligo because they're pulling strokes, but because they're successful on the field.

Mayo and Galway outspend the other pair because they've further to travel for the majority of their matches.

Then when you factor in 2 replays in Croke Park, you can largely explain their additional spend over the the other finalists.

Serious amount to spend though, If you don't have the money you cant compete until the end is what your saying.

And Galway and Mayo having far large populations than Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon. Something needs to be done here.

Trust me, it already is. Has been since famine times.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thewobbler

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 02, 2018, 09:01:07 AM

That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that if you train for 10 months and have 5 or 6 big days out in Croke Park, then your spending is going to be a lot higher than if you train for 7 months and don't play a match beyond your province.

Counties that go further spend more. They don't get there because they spend more.

Cunny Funt

This was on the Irish times a few weeks ago highlighting how far some counties have to go and clearly the more living outside the county the higher the traveling expensives

TheGreatest

Nice new car for Aiden O Shea which was happy to show us all on twitter, he took a break from liking Ewan McKenna's Dub bashing tweets. Fair play to him.

Again, the likes of Leitrim and Sligo etc., how do you compete with Mayo and Galway in Connaught, big difference in population and finances.

westbound

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 05, 2018, 11:05:54 AM
Nice new car for Aiden O Shea which was happy to show us all on twitter, he took a break from liking Ewan McKenna's Dub bashing tweets. Fair play to him.

Again, the likes of Leitrim and Sligo etc., how do you compete with Mayo and Galway in Connaught, big difference in population and finances.

They aren't able to. That's part of the problem. Mayo and Galway can't compete with Dublin's resources.
So what do you suggest to level the playing field?