Your GAA highlight of 2017

Started by Farrandeelin, November 30, 2017, 09:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

Quote from: TheGreatest on December 04, 2017, 10:27:40 AM
Seeing the reaction and the country suffer when Dublin lifted Sam again, made it all that sweeter.

Have a read about Dynamo Berlin in the old East German .   

TheGreatest

Quote from: ashman on December 05, 2017, 09:52:09 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on December 04, 2017, 10:27:40 AM
Seeing the reaction and the country suffer when Dublin lifted Sam again, made it all that sweeter.

Have a read about Dynamo Berlin in the old East German .

I have actually owned/run by the Stasi right? Similar to how Mayo GAA are run it looks like with their not releasing players to clubs in April, Mayo are more elite and professional than any other team in the country. 

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on December 05, 2017, 09:42:29 PM
Hammerin the fcuk outta Armagh

Oh wait, I've remembered a highlight - Dublin hammering the fcuk out of Tyrone  ;D

ONeill

Typical apple chompers. Getting someone else to do your dirty work.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Declan

QuoteMy GAA highlight of 2017 is the emergence of Con O'Callaghan as the most promising dual star since Jimmy Barry Murphy.
Con O'Callaghan's 2017 👑
All-Ireland club SHC 🏆
U21 Leinster football 🏆
U21 All-Ireland football 🏆
Leinster SFC 🏆
All-Ireland SFC 🏆
All-Star ⭐
Young Footballer of the Year 🏅
Dublin club SHC 🏆
Leinster club SHC 🏆

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on December 05, 2017, 10:38:27 PM
Typical apple chompers. Getting someone else to do your dirty work.

If you dish it out, learn to take it.

Horse Box

Promotion to Division 2 :D and this moment in particular 8)

https://youtu.be/MGBxkqIH4m4

Syferus

Even suggesting O'Callaghan is a more promising dual player than the countless players who have actually played senior county in both codes is madness. It comes from the same realm of thinking that David Clifford is unmarklable at senior because he scored a few goals at minor. Chill out.

shark

Quote from: Syferus on December 06, 2017, 12:24:23 PM
Even suggesting O'Callaghan is a more promising dual player than the countless players who have actually played senior county in both codes is madness. It comes from the same realm of thinking that David Clifford is unmarklable at senior because he scored a few goals at minor. Chill out.

O'Callaghan will never be a dual player at intercounty level. He has more sense than that I feel. He didn't play for Cuala u21 footballers in their championship semi last week (lost to Na Fianna by 1 point), and chose not to play for UCD in 2017, so he seems to understand the importance of minding himself.
However, it is clear to me that he is one of the best forwards in hurling. He doesn't need to play on the Dublin team to prove that.

mup

Quote from: shark on December 06, 2017, 01:05:05 PM

O'Callaghan will never be a dual player at intercounty level. He has more sense than that I feel. He didn't play for Cuala u21 footballers in their championship semi last week (lost to Na Fianna by 1 point), and chose not to play for UCD in 2017, so he seems to understand the importance of minding himself.
However, it is clear to me that he is one of the best forwards in hurling. He doesn't need to play on the Dublin team to prove that.

What genius decided it was a good idea to fix that game?

Syferus

He literally does.

GalwayBayBoy

He may very well be but you can't actually prove it against the likes of Kilcormac Killoughey. Half their defenders were carrying excess weight. Big jump up to intercounty from that level of opposition.

Probably moot anyway as he's unlikely to play senior intercounty hurling any time soon.

Captain Scarlet

On a personal level hommering Meath is always a joy, but then the Armagh loss tainted an otherwise good year.
I think Canning and Galway winning it was the best moment and the point that saw him with the happy head picture was the moment.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.