We need to talk about Diarmuid

Started by Mayo4Sam, June 05, 2017, 09:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

Welcome back Indiana,You have been missed around here ;) ;)

Buttofthehill

Good to see Branagan back today after the horrific attack ;)

trentoneill15

My mother said that Dubs would rob you off your tooth fillings.

dublin7

Quote from: Buttofthehill on June 10, 2017, 05:08:14 PM

Clearly still shaken from portlaoise because he was rubbish tonight. Mind you anyone who paid in to watch that so called football tonight should demand a refund. One of the worst championship football games ever seen. Some of the wides/shooting were a joke. What exactly do these 2 teams do in training.  Certainly don't practice shooting

maigheo

Thought Brannigan had a good game tonite but as is standard people will claim the ref  was rubbish and not even know why he was rubbish.And of course nobody claimed Brannigan was assaulted but do not let the facts get in the way of your rant

Hardy

Quote from: dublin7 on June 11, 2017, 01:39:14 AM
Quote from: Buttofthehill on June 10, 2017, 05:08:14 PM

Clearly still shaken from portlaoise because he was rubbish tonight. Mind you anyone who paid in to watch that so called football tonight should demand a refund. One of the worst championship football games ever seen. Some of the wides/shooting were a joke. What exactly do these 2 teams do in training.  Certainly don't practice shooting

Running. They've clearly been running non-stop since last September. Both teams were brilliant at it. I've never seen better runners. Having to carry a ball, though, is a feckin nuisance when you're running. Just as well they don't have to kick it much, or the running would be ruined altogether.

Gael85

Quote from: mayoaremagic on June 07, 2017, 12:37:23 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 07, 2017, 12:16:32 PM
Quote from: blast05 on June 07, 2017, 09:32:22 AM
Quote from: Gael85 on June 07, 2017, 08:11:56 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 06, 2017, 11:26:55 PM
Quote from: blast05 on June 06, 2017, 11:22:35 PM
Put yourself in the linesmans shoes .... you have 3 or 4 players jostling for the ball on the sideline after a kickout. Ball goes over the line. You award the line ball to Carlow but the Dublin guy holds on to the ball and a bit of jostling starts. Then ...you have Diarmuid Connolly screaming at you and pointing his finger, Diarmuid Connolly FFS, you have Carlow sideline and a few thousand people in the stands screaming at you, you know there is a TV camera behind you. Your heart is jumping out of your chest, you're can barely remember what has just happened. OK, calm down, gather your thoughts - what the fcuk just happened there? I don't know .... it was a blur, maybe i got the line ball call wrong given Connollys reaction. Was it much of a reaction ? sure all the Carlow lads were screaming at the same time. Oh fcuk it, let the game run, next time.

After the game....  'ah bolloux, he did put a hand on me, he was screaming in my face. Why the fcuk didn't i take a bit more time to gather my thoughts. Well f**k it. Sean ... come here to see this side line incident on my phone. I think we fcuked up and we should have made a call on it. It needs to go in your report'

Yes, of course i made it all up but this scenario (linesman and ref realizing afterwards as they togged in that they messed up and should have adjudicated on the incident) allows for CCCC intervention as i understand it.

The perhaps more amazing thing from the game is how completely ineffectual Connolly was. 1pt from a 45 with the last kick of the game. 2 pts from play in his last 3 championship games. Its all fine and well Connolly showing his genius when Dublin are hammering some team or other in Leinster, but (and please correct me if i am wrong Dublin folks) he hasn't consistently made a big enough contribution when it counts in the Dublin colours.

Anyway, no one wins in all of this. As a Mayo fan, i'd rather Connolly hadn't done what he done on Saturday but given that he has then, then given his profile and the implications for refs at club level if no punishment, then he has to get the 12 weeks

As a matter of interest and balance, do you find Colm Boyle's reactions to refereeing decisions acceptable? In big games in the past few years I've seen him jumping up and down in front of a referee and roaring in his face and the only punishment he has received is the ball being brought further forward.

Cillian O'Connor is far worse than Boyle for roaring at referees

You're use of the word 'roaring' undermines the point you are trying to make wrt O'Connor. What we do have throughout the GAA is a culture of players pleading their case with the referee. I don't like it and it should be stamped out. There perhaps is room for the captain to take a discussion a la rugby.
What we don't have - thankfully - is a culture of laying hands on the official in a threatening tone/manner and pointing fingers at the ref in an equally threatening tone or manner.

Is roaring in the referees face and aggressively gesticulating and motioning to him after he has made a decision or about to, showing the referee respect?

Mayo are certainly the most guilty county with it comes to attempting to put undue pressure on match officials. It's about time referees clamped down on Cillian O'Connor trying to referee games.

When did Cillian referee a game? News to me

O'Connor gets too involved with referees and at it for years. Would be better off concentrating on his own game

Il Bomber Destro

I saw Cian Mackey, Andy Moran and Sean Armstrong put their hands on the referee today.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

longballin

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 11, 2017, 07:14:16 PM
I saw Cian Mackey, Andy Moran and Sean Armstrong put their hands on the referee today.

:'(

heffo

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 11, 2017, 07:14:16 PM

Kerrigan last night too.

You just cannot lay a hand on an official though.

Jinxy

I saw someone shake hands with a ref once.
Where's HIS suspension?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mup

Looks like he's appealing.

How dare they suspend a Dublin player.  ::)

Hound

Widely known that it was Connolly himself that instructed the DCB not to appeal. But maybe he changed his mind before the deadline.

Maybe Gavin saw Galway yesterday and knowing Kildare and Meath are around equal to them that Leinster might not be the cakewalk it has been previously - so asked Connolly to reconsider!

But nothing actually confirmed either way yet. I'm sure it will be clarified shortly

Declan

QuoteWidely known that it was Connolly himself that instructed the DCB not to appeal. But maybe he changed his mind before the deadline.

Wasn't the deadline for a hearing last Friday?