pairc ui chaoimh

Started by Maroon Manc, June 01, 2016, 10:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on July 20, 2017, 08:25:53 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 20, 2017, 02:54:08 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 20, 2017, 01:51:22 PM
I've seen the Stade de Frank described as being a state of the art stadium a fair few places this week. Now I have no doubts that it's a massive improvement on the old Pairc (which was a bit of a kip) but I imagine state of the art is seriously pushing it.

Its very dated looking something from 30 years ago. If they actually continued the roof over the terracing it would help massively bit of a joke modern stadium with no roof in ireland

The amount of whinging people do about roofs in this country is ridiculous.
I'm going to games thirty odd years and I can count on one hand the number of soakings I've got.
Someone was giving out about the ladies toilets in Navan a week or so ago.
We're gone fierce soft as a nation.

You can tell you're not from Connacht.

twohands!!!

I've seen the Stade de Frank described as being a state of the art stadium a fair few places this week. Now I have no doubts that it's a massive improvement on the old Pairc (which was a bit of a kip) but I imagine state of the art is seriously pushing it.

Floodlights only installed on one side of the pitch, Knock-off Hawkeye, no big screen, same disaster of a setup as regards parking as it was previously. There is no way in hell it's anything close to being state of the art.

Also there is talk that the centre of excellence doesn't even have a full-size pitch.  ::)

And this is with it all being late and way over budget.

LilySavage

The shots look well - all taken when sun splitting the sky. May as well have no roof with that little bit that's there. Wide open both ends. Lookso like a bit of a rushed job to me. An improvement undoubtedly but will look dated in a few years. Looks a three quarter job.

JPGJOHNNYG

Its very dated looking something from 30 years ago. If they actually continued the roof over the terracing it would help massively bit of a joke modern stadium with no roof in ireland

I'm going to games thirty odd years and I can count on one hand the number of soakings I've got.

You would have a point if they spent a lot less on the stadium. Just as before the GAA get a poor return for their euro. The new casement shits on this from a great height for not much more money. Shame its stuck in planning wilderness

Syferus

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 20, 2017, 09:30:17 PM

You would have a point if they spent a lot less on the stadium. Just as before the GAA get a poor return for their euro. The new casement shits on this from a great height for not much more money. Shame its stuck in planning wilderness

Hmm..

Rossfan

New Casement is a derelict site, Páirc Uí Chaoimh is built.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on July 20, 2017, 08:33:55 PM

Worst soaking I ever got was in Carrick.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Cunny Funt

It has been revealed that Cork GAA have been left with a debt of €23m from the redevelopment of Pairc Uí Chaoimh. The final cost is €86.4m, that represents an over-run of €16m.

Rossfan

Seems they have some land on the North side of the city that they're going to sell.
Also naming rights for the Stadium.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

€16m is some over run. Was anyone keeping tabs on this project?

Gold

Quote from: Jinxy on July 20, 2017, 10:22:01 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 20, 2017, 08:33:55 PM

Worst soaking I ever got was in Carrick.

Mine was Antrim away to Fermanagh, 06 Championship. Had manflu following the 85 mile trip home. Still havent dried out properly
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

twohands!!!

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 06, 2017, 05:42:11 PM
It has been revealed that Cork GAA have been left with a debt of €23m from the redevelopment of Pairc Uí Chaoimh. The final cost is €86.4m, that represents an over-run of €16m.

The €86.4 million isn't the final final cost - it's only the current cost - it's very likely to break the €90 million cost before everything is paid for.

A year ago they were talking about the stadium being debt-free when it opened in, now they have a bridging loan for €19 million in place co-signed by Croke Park.

An utter disaster of a project and all the main players are all going to be on the board of the stadium.

CJ2017

According this official looking guy at 1.59 in the video "it's the only stadium in Europe that meets all the standards"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA7YtwokPxI

I wonder what standards he is talking about, any ideas?

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: CJ2017 on December 08, 2017, 05:48:36 AM
According this official looking guy at 1.59 in the video "it's the only stadium in Europe that meets all the standards"

Well obviously its the only new stadium in the world to be built to the old soviet standards but here is the key for the same price as a modern all seater roofed stadium elsewhere ingenious.

rosnarun

Quote from: CJ2017 on December 08, 2017, 05:48:36 AM

probably things like access security playing surfaace , spectator comfort , seat size ,lines of visibility, concession stall areas sufficient bathrooms located near hospital public transport  , city center ETC,Architectural design, player, media and disabled facilities

or maybe its just about the roof

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere