GAA betting

Started by ck, May 28, 2016, 07:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Expected the betting to be much tighter for WMeath/Armagh.

Effectively a game between two Div 3 teams so looks like prices are being put up based on Armaghs past rather than the present

AZOffaly

Quote from: Taylor on July 04, 2017, 01:40:44 PM

Effectively a game between two Div 3 teams so looks like prices are being put up based on Armaghs past rather than the present

I think people are assuming Westmeath will just fold after the Dublin game. I'd be surprised if that happens.

seafoid

There might be more money on Armagh in hope rather than anything else
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Taylor

Quote from: seafoid on July 04, 2017, 02:04:41 PM

There might be more money on Armagh in hope rather than anything else

Any money put on them is mugs money.

As a straight bet Donegal would be better and they are a longer price

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 04, 2017, 01:33:44 PM
I think 9/4 on Westmeath is good value. I don't think the Dublin loss is as damaging psychologically as most people seem to think. I also think 2weeks break, plus game in Mullingar will help. If I was to pick an upset, that's the one for me.

That's great value. If the focused Westmeath team that we saw against Wexford and Offaly the second day comes out we will win. If it's the Westmeath team that went out against Dublin or Offaly the first day we'll lose. It's a real 50-50 game.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Cunny Funt

Armagh have some decent forwards and if given the room to play will cause damage. I didn't see Westmeath v Offaly games but you could sail a cruise liner down through the Westmeath defence against Dublin.

ardtole

I done an accum for the league's for a bit of interest.
Monaghan to get relegated from div 1
Cavan to get relegated from div 2
Fermanagh to get promotion from div 3
Carlow to get promotion from div 4
€20 pays 950 approx.

ardtole

I was reading the Derry forum yesterday and the posters there reckon they have a very poor defence. I might have a small bet on Westmeath over 2.5 goals at 8/1 with boylesports. Hopefully Heslin at ff will cause trouble and an early goal could cause a very inexperienced team to collapse.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 04, 2017, 06:35:20 PM
Armagh have some decent forwards and if given the room to play will cause damage. I didn't see Westmeath v Offaly games but you could sail a cruise liner down through the Westmeath defence against Dublin.

To be fair Dublin is a bad example to use.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 28, 2018, 10:41:08 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 04, 2017, 06:35:20 PM

To be fair Dublin is a bad example to use.
That's a late reply. I think its a good example as Dublin more than anyone else will show you up for having a decent,average or poor defence.

SHEEDY

down, roscommon, armagh, tyrone and antrim for a wee accum today.
nil satis nisi optimum

OgraAnDun

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 28, 2018, 11:41:15 AM

Have the same but switched the Rossies for Laois and the Dubs last night.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 28, 2018, 11:41:15 AM

Putting good hard earned money on Antrim?? Hmmmm.

Avondhu star

Week 1 was interesting to say the least!
Clare took Tipp in the hurling. Meath comeback v Rossies and Tyrone bit the dust and a lot of accumulators with them.
Division 2 will be ruthless
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Targetman

Yep hard to predict, I was one of those that Tyrone screwed, not backing them hoors again!!