GAAGO where are you?

Started by sligoman2, May 03, 2014, 02:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 24, 2018, 12:15:04 AM
Quote from: The Subbie on May 23, 2018, 10:03:46 PM
Did anyone else notice on GAAGO coverage of the Tyrone-Monaghan game that it skipped from 39 mins to 43 mins ? It didn't show Beggans free hitting the post

It did that on the BBC coverage too.
Quote from: The Subbie on May 23, 2018, 10:03:46 PM
Did anyone else notice on GAAGO coverage of the Tyrone-Monaghan game that it skipped from 39 mins to 43 mins ? It didn't show Beggans free hitting the post

Media bastards.

Hi Benny Harp me oul mucker, I was thinking about getting the oul GAAgo, but not many decent football games shown until the super 8 shit and then sky get some.

Anyways, good excuse to get away to the bar

giveherlong

The other option if you're stuck is a day pass for sky sports via Now TV for £7.99 or GaaGo pass for a match at 10 Euro

J70

Watched the Micko documentary on GAA Go last night. Very enjoyable. Talk about a life well lived! Although it was poignant to hear him talking about his wife passing, living alone in his big house, and show his hands starting to succumb to old age.

munchkin

Quote from: sligoman2 on May 23, 2018, 12:28:10 PM
I think it does, but not all games are televised..
<snip>
are you sure you are not talking about the €140 worldwide gaago and not the limited €70 GB version which has less matches, and less means (AFAIK) nothing that sky shows which means no sky exclusive games plus no all ireland semis or finals.

thejuice

No sky games on GB pass definitely.

It's wonder though in this day and age that the GAA aren't streaming all games online. They already have the cameras for the highlights so why not let people pay to watch games that aren't broadcast on tv. Meath were broadcasting the O'Byrne Cup games through the official app so I don't think it's much to set up. I can't get home for games as often these days so I'd love to have something like this.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gmac

Quote from: Ball Hopper on January 11, 2018, 08:02:59 PM
Email today with a nice line up of games to get us through January:

We hope you're easing yourself back into the new year and enjoyed your break over the holidays.

This week we've introduced an added new feature to our product for Season Pass holders; our 'Classic Games' archive. Throughout the year we will be adding full-length games from the last number of decades that live on in the memory of GAA fans. This library of matches will be constantly added to all year. Here are the details of the opening batch of 14 games for you to enjoy and reminisce on in addition to all the live action we have to look forward to.

Hurling

1996 All-Ireland Hurling Final - Wexford v Limerick
    1995 All-Ireland Hurling Final - Clare v Offaly
    1994 All-Ireland Hurling Final - Limerick v Offaly
    1990 All-Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Galway
    1988 All-Ireland Hurling Final - Galway v Tipperary
    1984 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Offaly
    1973 All-Ireland Hurling Final - Kilkenny v Limerick

Football

1992 Ulster Football Final - Donegal v Derry
    1992 All-Ireland Football Semi-Final - Donegal v Mayo
    1990 All-Ireland Football Final - Cork v Meath
    1982 All-Ireland Football Final - Kerry v Offaly
    1972 All-Ireland Football Final REPLAY - Kerry v Offaly
    1966 All-Ireland Football Final - Galway v Meath
    1965 All-Ireland Football Final - Kerry v Galway
anyone watching dubs v Armagh  77 all Ireland on eir sport players took some serious hits with very little reaction, no holding onto the ball after a free also a bonus
The defending was bad tho it has to be said  also the penalty the Armagh player scored in the first half was one of the best gaa penalties I've ever seen

munchkin

Quote from: thejuice on May 25, 2018, 04:21:36 PM
No sky games on GB pass definitely.

It's wonder though in this day and age that the GAA aren't streaming all games online. They already have the cameras for the highlights so why not let people pay to watch games that aren't broadcast on tv. Meath were broadcasting the O'Byrne Cup games through the official app so I don't think it's much to set up. I can't get home for games as often these days so I'd love to have something like this.
there's been murmurings of doing something regarding a GAA Tv channel, and I see it as being inevitable that happen at some stage in the future, but I'd be surprised if it happened before the end of this media rights deal which is another 4 years to run.

The GAA can't introduce anything new into Ireland until that deal is gone, as they aren't going to give any goodies to the folks abroad which would pish off people at home who are already sensitive over the sky deal.

The previous broadcast deal abroad with Setanta had a delayed game every week which was a help in getting to see a broader range of games, so even to go back to that would be a massive bonus.

craicwas90

I see they are doing a package bundle for the end of the season

https://www.gaago.ie/fixture/BC59-18-EV-FINALS

Took up their free trial earlier on in the season, pleasantly surprised that the gaa can produce something good! Think I'll be getting this bundle as it works out cheaper than going to the pub!

Ball Hopper

toby47

What exactly is Gaa Go? Is it an app? Can it be used in North & South?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: toby47 on January 25, 2019, 10:01:05 AM
What exactly is Gaa Go? Is it an app? Can it be used in North & South?

GB has a limited service, otherwise International service only.  Not available on the Island Of Ireland.

thejuice

Anyone know a way of putting this on a smart tv other than a laptop and a hdmi cable. The tv has a web browser and I can load the GAAgo page but doesn't support the videos. Would one of those google chromecast or something similar do that? Would it be any better than the laptop and hdmi in anyway?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

craicwas90

Quote from: thejuice on February 17, 2019, 11:38:39 AM
Anyone know a way of putting this on a smart tv other than a laptop and a hdmi cable. The tv has a web browser and I can load the GAAgo page but doesn't support the videos. Would one of those google chromecast or something similar do that? Would it be any better than the laptop and hdmi in anyway?

Chromecast works for me through the player on laptop and Android.

BennyHarp

Quote from: thejuice on February 17, 2019, 11:38:39 AM

Works fine with screen mirroring on Apple TV
That was never a square ball!!

thejuice

I have an iPhone so I'll give that a go. I'm a bit clueless with the latest tv gadgetry these days as I'd have little use for it otherwise.

Edit: I'll need to use the Samsung Smart View app to do this I think not Apple TV as my tv is Samsung.