ROSCOMMON v DUBLIN U-21 FINAL

Started by Shrewdness, April 26, 2014, 12:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Nasty slap by the Ros 15. Coward!

dublin7

Roscommon 15 gets a yellow for a punch in front of the linesman. Cheap shot. Should have been red. Hopefully Costello just got cramp & didn't do his hamstring

Gael85

Well done Dublin.Great 1st half performance.McHugh,Mannion&Costello showed their class.Fair play to Rossies  made a game of it in second half unfortunately were too far

Throw ball

Quote from: dublin7 on May 03, 2014, 03:58:23 PM
Roscommon no. 8 kicks Scully in the face. Pure scum. Dubs full back line all over the place. Especially the no. 4

Looked accidental to me.

Throw ball

Quote from: dublin7 on May 03, 2014, 04:11:41 PM
Roscommon 15 gets a yellow for a punch in front of the linesman. Cheap shot. Should have been red. Hopefully Costello just got cramp & didn't do his hamstring

Not convinced it was a punch. You need to look at some of Dublin tactics too. There are two teams on the pitch.

Zulu

The foot to the face was accidental IMO but the punch definitely wasn't as was silly to say the least. Some great footballers on both sides and I hope we'll see lots of them at senior level in the near future. Congratulations to the Dubs who are playing a wonderful brand of football at all levels and are a joy to watch.

Syferus

The first half was one of the most heartbreaking halves of football I've ever witnessed. Totally cleaned out.

We showed signs of what we could do in the second half but it was all too late to mount a comeback.

Fantastic performance by Dublin, particularly the FF line whose accuracy was phenomenal. No excuses, well beat and deservedly so. Hard to explain how we could be so poor after playing so well all year. We had the experience and talent to be far better than that.

These lads have done us proud regardless of the result today. The mind can't switch to Leitrim fast enough.

Ringfort

Congrats to the Dubs. Totally destroyed us in the first half. Full forward line was sublime but from a Ros perspective we allowed them far too much space. But from the get go Dubs were very accurate in kick passing and score taking. Barely put a pass astray in the entire first half. Awesome stuff and made it look so easy but part of that has to be Ros' fault as well. I'm relieved we put up a better show in the 2nd half. I was expecting the Dubs to continue their machine like display and annihilate us by a record margin. An AI would have been massive for the county. Looking at the Dubs at the end it appeared to be just another medal for them safe in the knowledge there will be many more to follow. Credit to them for getting their house in order the last few years. For Ros, at least we know we have a handful of players who are top-level. The task now is to keep making more and try and build up the senior side which in reality it is all about.

Itchy

Cavan got grief for how they set themselves up against the dubs. Ros went with a more open system and got obliterated. I think it shows Cavans tactics were close to spot on. The signs were there in the semi given how porous the Roscommon defence was and any day you concede 1-21 you are unlikely to win. The Dubs were the best team in the competition and congratulations to them.

ross4life

Very disappointing to see a very talented roscommon side perform so poorly on the day at least some fight in the 2nd half and hopefully we get a few decent seniors out of this side. Congratulations to Dublin did their homework on us and showed how brilliant they are when allowed or given the room to play.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Drummerboy

Quote from: Ringfort on May 03, 2014, 05:01:40 PM
Congrats to the Dubs. Totally destroyed us in the first half. Full forward line was sublime but from a Ros perspective we allowed them far too much space. But from the get go Dubs were very accurate in kick passing and score taking. Barely put a pass astray in the entire first half. Awesome stuff and made it look so easy but part of that has to be Ros' fault as well. I'm relieved we put up a better show in the 2nd half. I was expecting the Dubs to continue their machine like display and annihilate us by a record margin. An AI would have been massive for the county. Looking at the Dubs at the end it appeared to be just another medal for them safe in the knowledge there will be many more to follow. Credit to them for getting their house in order the last few years. For Ros, at least we know we have a handful of players who are top-level. The task now is to keep making more and try and build up the senior side which in reality it is all about.

Have to disagree with you there. Yes McCaffrey, Mannion ect have AI in their back pocket. Most of these lads had to suffer the loss of an AI Minor Final a couple of years ago to Tipp. Its most of the lads first AI, so I'm sure it does mean a lot to them. No guarantee most of these will make the senior team.

lynchbhoy

rossies showed great fight in second half. real spirit.

shows though what home advantage does for a team alright
massive score racked up by Dublin in first half.
Also the big money spent of the bionic limbs is well invested

From the Bunker

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 03, 2014, 06:49:48 PM
rossies showed great fight in second half. real spirit.

shows though what home advantage does for a team alright
massive score racked up by Dublin in first half.
Also the big money spent of the bionic limbs is well invested

Go back to refereeing Dublin club games!

lynchbhoy

great comeback !!
good luck in your o levels

From the Bunker

That wasn't a come back. That was just saying where you stand in relation to Dublin football.