Sligo V London Connaught C'ship

Started by ck, May 24, 2013, 02:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: criostlinn on May 24, 2013, 11:01:35 PM
I presume Kilcullen is playing with Ballaghdarreen this weekend in the Mayo Senior Championship.

He's a born and bred Roscommon man who plays for a Roscommon club which are Mayo champions, he's the current Mayo club player of the year and he plays for Sligo. It's a wonder the poor lad doesn't turn up at the wrong county's training sessions.

Nice one putting the boot in, though.

criostlinn

From the Bunker

Quote from: criostlinn on May 24, 2013, 11:01:35 PM
I presume Kilcullen is playing with Ballaghdarreen this weekend in the Mayo Senior Championship.

Actually that's a good call! Club before adopted county!

Syferus

Quote from: criostlinn on May 24, 2013, 11:16:55 PM
Who's putting the boot in.

A senior intercounty championship match ranks a little higher in importance than a group stage county championship match.

Unless there's ructions we dont know about there's only one place James will be this weekend and it won't be playing club football.

SLIGONIAN

Kilcullen is traveling to london this weekend i am told on sunday morning, i wish him a safe and punctual journey.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

macdanger2

Difficult situation for him in fairness, he's played all his life with Ballagh (reigning county champions) so his first loyalty would surely be to them but obviously he's joined up with Sligo this year.

I presume that's the reason for him not starting?

sligoman2

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 25, 2013, 08:50:02 AM
Difficult situation for him in fairness, he's played all his life with Ballagh (reigning county champions) so his first loyalty would surely be to them but obviously he's joined up with Sligo this year.

I presume that's the reason for him not starting?

If he's going why would it be?

Given how Walsh turfed out O'Hara after he couldn't commit to training I doubt he'd have brought in Kilkullen to be a part-time county player when it suited. I'm sure all that was hashed out before he joined up with Sligo.

macdanger2

Is there another reason for him not starting?? As far as I'm aware, he started most of Sligo's league games and did fairly well??

sans pessimism

My mother-in-law got a new Jack Russell pup that yaps
at absolutely everything that moves-I suggested she
call him SYFERUS 
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on May 25, 2013, 02:29:06 PM
My mother-in-law got a new Jack Russell pup that yaps
at absolutely everything that moves-I suggested she
call him SYFERUS

I think you'll find I'm pretty well informed on that area of the country.

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2013, 01:35:11 AM
A senior intercounty championship match ranks a little higher in importance than a group stage county championship match.

Unless there's ructions we dont know about there's only one place James will be this weekend and it won't be playing club football.

He will be available for both games. Walsh may wait to see him in London before considering him though.

Syferus, Kilcullen played for Mayo and now has chosen to play for Sligo. If he yearns so much to play for Ros he has a funny way of showing it.
MWWSI 2017

criostlinn

Well it seems you don't know as much as you claim about the Mayo champions

Syferus

Quote from: criostlinn on May 25, 2013, 07:20:15 PM

Unless there's ructions we don't know about there's only one place James will be this weekend and it won't be playing club football.

Walsh will not be happy, whether he says so in public is another matter. It does show up his decision to drop O'Hara because he couldn't commit early in the season to training but he tolerates James playing (if true) a club match the day before Sligo's first championship match because he's more important to his plans. Very obvious double standards is not a route to a happy camp.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2013, 07:25:35 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on May 25, 2013, 07:20:15 PM

Unless there's ructions we don't know about there's only one place James will be this weekend and it won't be playing club football.

Walsh will not be happy, whether he says so in public is another matter. It does show up his decision to drop O'Hara because he couldn't commit early in the season to training but he tolerates James playing (if true) a club match the day before Sligo's first championship match because he's more important to his plans. Very obvious double standards is not a route to a happy camp.

Jez, the lad is in an tough situation. Both fixtures are Championship games! You make it sound like he's playing a reserve match for Ballagh! I'm sure Walsh and Kilcullen have talked from way out about this? If Walsh had a major issue then it would have been discussed and if Kilcullen was going against his wishes, he would not be heading to London the next day? As for the other wish wash, Roscommon was open to him and he did not take it and Finally Ballaghdereen is a Mayo Club, it's ours - tough.... end of!