Doire vs An Mhí__Celtic Park__3/4/2011

Started by thejuice, March 22, 2011, 02:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonysoprano

To be honest I seen haven't Meath at all this year but from what I have heard they haven't been great...but then again neither have derry! Derrys problem at the moment is in the full back line. If they don't get it sorted sooner rather than later they could be in trouble. However with paddy bradley, gilligan, sean leo in good form they can beat any of the top teams on an off day. The team I expect to line out-

1.Danny Devlin
2.Ciaran Mullan
3.Joe O'Kane
4.Dermot McBride
5.Charlie Kielt
6.Barry McGoldrick
7.Gerard O'Kane
8.PJ McCloskey
9.Niall Holly
10.Ciaran McGoldrick
11.Sean Leo McGoldrick
12.Mark Lynch
13.Conleith Gilligan
14.Paddy Bradlye
15.Caolan O'Boyle

whats the latest with your man from greenlough? could be a spot for him in defence if he is fit.

The Claw

Cormac McGill also played a league game on Sunday and should be available.

Jinxy

Who's over Derry these days?
Could Banty take him?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Jinxy on March 29, 2011, 05:30:07 PM
Who's over Derry these days?
Could Banty take him?
sure half the boys that go to games where Brennan was manager make a beeline for the seats behind the dugout so they can hear/watch him arguing with opposition bosses and on the odd occasion even square up to them and get into fisticuffs.
Crazy man. Banty is actually tame by comparison.

Real Talk

I'd say Meath are due a good game(esp if the Reillys are back) and Banty knows Derry inside out.  Thats not a bad team picked by Tony S but surely we need a better RCB maybe McCallion from G'lough should get another go and there isn't any other options at mid-field.

Could be another bad City day for the Oakleafers.

tonysoprano

Vice captain Mark Lynch back from injury

Vice-captain  Mark Lynch makes his first start since injuring  his hamstring against Kildare while Paddy Bradley, Charlie Kielt and Michael  Conlan all return to the starting line-up for Sunday's game against Meath.

Derry: Michael Conlon; Ciaran Mullan,  Kevin McCloy, Dermot McBride; Gerard O Kane;  Joe O Kane; Charlie  Kielt; P J McCloskey; Michael Friel; MarkLynch, Sean Leo McGoldrick, Martin Donaghy; Enda Muldoon,  Paddy Bradley,  Conleth Gilligan.

Subs: Danny Devlin, Michael Bateson,  Oisin Duffy, Brian Doyle , Barry McGoldrick, NiallHolly, Cailean O'Boyle, James Kielt,  Ciaran McGoldrick, Lee Moore, Ruairi Shivers.

From Derry GAA.

Not a bad team, i don't think there are many changes from the Donegal game apart from Mickey C coming in for Devlin and Mark Lynch and Bradley in for Ciaran McG and Cailean o Boyle.  Donegal were superior to us the last day but hopefully with the return of Lynch and Bradley we can play the way we started off the year-in winning fashion!

Does any one know if Brian McCallion and Declan Mullan are injured or have they just not been included in the panel?

Overthebar!

that team is a load of shite tony soprano.  your informant is not the most reliable!

edit: just seeing it was posted on the derry website, apologies. won't be the team that lines out, in fact it'll probably be a very different team

thejuice

there was no Meath team released before the Kildare game will probably happen again. Jamie Queeney fractured his ankle. Hope he gets back soon, i think he's worthy of a starting spot.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tonysoprano

Quote from: Overthebar! on April 01, 2011, 10:08:13 PM
that team is a load of shite tony soprano.  your informant is not the most reliable!

edit: just seeing it was posted on the derry website, apologies. won't be the team that lines out, in fact it'll probably be a very different team

Yea, maybe I'm being naive by going by what the website says. Would definitely expect there to be changes after Donegal game. 

Its hard to predict a score when I don't know the team but I'll say Derry by 3

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

It's got to the stage now that you're expecting to see we lost before you've even checked the score.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Rav67

That was some masterstroke of Brennan playing SL McGoldrick at corner back, it worked out unexpectedly well.  Good to see M Friel put in a good shift at midfield today too.