£100,000

Started by aidanmcg33, October 25, 2010, 10:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aidanmcg33

www.winonehundredthousand.ie
We are running a draw where you can win 100,00. You can now purchase your tickets online at our new website. This is an excellent opportunity for you to win a massive amount of money for only 20£/€.
You can contact us if you have any queries at info@winonehundredthousand.ie or info@silverbridgegfc.com

More details about the draw are on the website.

Zapatista

MODS

Can we get one thread to include all these draws?

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Zapatista on October 25, 2010, 10:49:50 AM
MODS

Can we get one thread to include all these draws?

WHY, then no-one will look at them. This is a gaa club trying to raise money and if he wants to advertise their development fund on the gaaboard then let him, we are not saving the melting ice caps by not creating new topic threads, this place is getting seriously whinge city.

oh no i've just become a whinger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twotwocharlie

It's a great draw for £20

I'm in

Zapatista

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 25, 2010, 09:41:24 PM

WHY, then no-one will look at them. This is a gaa club trying to raise money and if he wants to advertise their development fund on the gaaboard then let him, we are not saving the melting ice caps by not creating new topic threads, this place is getting seriously whinge city.

oh no i've just become a whinger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chill out you can be too spirited sometimes.

crossfire

Great draw. Good luck to our neighbours.
I have already purchased mine.

Lone Shark

I appreciate that it's tough times for any club, but there's a lot of key information missing from the website. If this was anyone other than a GAA club it would look very dodgy.

(1) You need to sell 5500 tickets to break even, more if other clubs are taking the offer of splitting the revenue and selling it themselves. There's nothing on the site about what happens if this target isn't met? Does the club have 20k in the bank to eat up the loss if only 4500 tickets are sold?
(2) When is the draw? Is this going to be advertised for ten years and then drawn in 2020?
(3) The dual currency thing makes it too advantageous to draw out a euro winner. I'm not suggesting for a minute that the club would do this, but they shouldn't put themselves in a situation where they are fifteen grand better off by picking one winner over another. If a euro winner comes out, you can rest assured that the conspiracy theory will fly across the parish like wildfire and damage the goodwill of the club. You'd be a lot better off announce that whatever extra money is left over from the euro winners will be drawn out in additional prizes.

Best of luck with the draw, but the club really could do with putting a lot more info on that website.

angermanagement

Jesus some people love a good f**king moan its not the National Lottery.

The draw is on the 17th March 2011 as clearly stated on the second line. The club is located on the boarder so why not accept Euro and Sterling its best for all concerned the club, buyers and sellers.

Lone Shark

Quote from: angermanagement on October 28, 2010, 11:22:23 AM

The draw is on the 17th March 2011 as clearly stated on the second line. The club is located on the boarder so why not accept Euro and Sterling its best for all concerned the club, buyers and sellers.

Would you prefer people kept their reservations to themselves, or else told you why they weren't buying anything?

Fair enough, I missed the draw date. Sorry about that. However my main concern would be the top bit. What happens if only 3000 tickets are sold? I think that's a fair enough concern to be honest.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: twotwocharlie on October 25, 2010, 10:47:11 PM

I'm in

are you involved with the draw two two its just that you posted a link to it in the mayo club section as well
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

saffron sam2

Quote from: Lone Shark on October 28, 2010, 11:29:04 AM
Quote from: angermanagement on October 28, 2010, 11:22:23 AM

Would you prefer people kept their reservations to themselves, or else told you why they weren't buying anything?

Fair enough, I missed the draw date. Sorry about that. However my main concern would be the top bit. What happens if only 3000 tickets are sold? I think that's a fair enough concern to be honest.

They could point to their website and indeed this thread. Both clearly state the prize is £100,00 or £10,000 with the thousands separator correctly positioned.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 28, 2010, 01:51:44 PM
Quote from: twotwocharlie on October 25, 2010, 10:47:11 PM

I'm in

are you involved with the draw two two its just that you posted a link to it in the mayo club section as well

The same club.

3 tickets look like a very good deal. It'll take a lot of work to make a profit on this but I wish them the best.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

aidanmcg33

Thanks very much to everyone that has purchased tickets and passed on their wishes, the support is very much appreciated.
In relation to the concerns that have been raised, the prize is 100,000 and this is what will be paid to the winner.
I am not directly involved with the draw, I just set up the website for it so I cannot state for definite why tickets/prizes are in Euro and Sterling but I would imagine that it's for simplicity when dealing with the price of the tickets. If someone only had sterling and the tickets were €20 then you wouldn't have to work out what the €20 was currently worth in Sterling and vice versa.
Also if someone bought a ticket in Euros and someone else bought a ticket in Sterling then it wouldn't be fair on the person purchasing in Sterling as they would have paid more for their ticket than the person paying euros if the prize was in the one currency for both.
I hope that I have explained that OK and that maybe it has cleared up some concerns but again thats not an official reason as to why it is the way it is.

On the website, the About Us, Buy Tickets and Contact Us pages have some contact details on the right hand side where you can find names and numbers of people involved with the draw. Please feel free to contact these people if you have any queries or wish to know any more information.

Hound

A lot of pressure on whoever does the draw. If he draws out a sterling winner rather than a euro winner, the club will lose about €15,000.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: aidanmcg33 on October 28, 2010, 10:59:59 PM
Thanks very much to everyone that has purchased tickets and passed on their wishes, the support is very much appreciated.
In relation to the concerns that have been raised, the prize is 100,000 and this is what will be paid to the winner.
I am not directly involved with the draw, I just set up the website for it so I cannot state for definite why tickets/prizes are in Euro and Sterling but I would imagine that it's for simplicity when dealing with the price of the tickets. If someone only had sterling and the tickets were €20 then you wouldn't have to work out what the €20 was currently worth in Sterling and vice versa.
Also if someone bought a ticket in Euros and someone else bought a ticket in Sterling then it wouldn't be fair on the person purchasing in Sterling as they would have paid more for their ticket than the person paying euros if the prize was in the one currency for both.
I hope that I have explained that OK and that maybe it has cleared up some concerns but again thats not an official reason as to why it is the way it is.

On the website, the About Us, Buy Tickets and Contact Us pages have some contact details on the right hand side where you can find names and numbers of people involved with the draw. Please feel free to contact these people if you have any queries or wish to know any more information.
Go on and fix "100,00" then.