“The Chickens Came Home to Roost”

Started by ziggysego, July 10, 2009, 01:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Am I "the only person" to notice the "enormous amount" of "quotation marks" in that "press release".

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

theskull1

Quote from: INDIANA on July 10, 2009, 02:25:21 PM
Because they see themselves as the cash generators for the organisation they believe the balance of power exists with them. Ie through using strikes etc. Now if a strike was called- I would never go to watch Dublin again as long as any of the strikers were involved. But i'm not so sure everybody else would. Thats what they are banking on. Has the majority of the Gaa membership got the bottle to see this through to the end? The GPA believe they don't. And that is where this battle will be won and lost.

The ones with your attitude Indiana are the Club Officers, the Club Coaches, Finance Committee etc etc. I am certain many of the doers within the GAA would consider their positions (I have made my own mind up). Where will the GAA be if the doers all go on strike?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

DUBSFORSAM1

So lets make sure all administrators, managers, physio's, officials etc are all amateurs then if the feeling is that it is such an amateur organisation and a privilidge to belong to....Lets let the players do whatever they want in regards to training/drinking holidaying etc and not maky any comments about performances etc...

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Rossfan

Quote from: rosnarun on July 10, 2009, 03:00:15 PM
any thruth in the rumour Of one belief are looking for 2% of CLG income in order to keep alive the amateur spirit of CLG

Members of the "Uber Gaels Purity police" would never stoop so low  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Rossfan on July 10, 2009, 04:35:47 PM
any thruth in the rumour Of one belief are looking for 2% of CLG income in order to keep alive the amateur spirit of CLG

Members of the "Uber Gaels Purity police" would never stoop so low  ;D

It'll be all up whenever we start paying Roscommon players! ;)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

rrhf

I think they should be fcuked out of the GAA - every last one of them. 

About as intelligent as your own statement - Play the ball please Rosnarun

longrunsthefox

Brilliant!! Am proud of Mark Conway being from Tyrone and ofonebelief started here.  GAA has to hold firm. 
Good stuff Ziggy! Love you man  :D

INDIANA

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 10, 2009, 04:05:45 PM
So lets make sure all administrators, managers, physio's, officials etc are all amateurs then if the feeling is that it is such an amateur organisation and a privilidge to belong to....Lets let the players do whatever they want in regards to training/drinking holidaying etc and not maky any comments about performances etc...

The Gaa has agreed to fund their activities under the umbrella of the association. 25m is already spent on player welfare. All players receive expenses cheques if they require them. Whats the difference between that and a physio. NOt all managers are paid. The Dublin manager doesn't get a cent for instance. Think before you post the next time maybe.

Have a look at all the other amateur orgnaisations who have paid positions while the particpants aren't directly paid. There are many.

rrhf

Has anyone mentioned Roscommon yet?  Biggest arguement against pay for play going.     

carribbear

Excellent post.

The GPA should be told to FO. I'm sure it wont be too hard to find 15 lads in every county who will take the place of the "stars".

How exactly does the GPA reckon they will distribute these funds and who exactly is eligible? Is this going to be retrospective?
There would be a lot of fun for the GPA picking out the 30 squad members who would get a share of this. Does this mean that they will control the panel selection for the season? If a manager drops a player will he still get his "grant"?

very murky waters and should never have been entertained in the first place. One word for the gpa - scum.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: carribbear on July 10, 2009, 04:56:31 PM
Excellent post.

The GPA should be told to FO. I'm sure it wont be too hard to find 15 lads in every county who will take the place of the "stars".

How exactly does the GPA reckon they will distribute these funds and who exactly is eligible? Is this going to be retrospective?
There would be a lot of fun for the GPA picking out the 30 squad members who would get a share of this. Does this mean that they will control the panel selection for the season? If a manager drops a player will he still get his "grant"?

very murky waters and should never have been entertained in the first place. One word for the gpa - scum.

Sure they found 15 in Cork when their demi Gods were on strike and the GPA elitists refused to represent them... aye your right f** the GPA. 

longball

Quote from: INDIANA on July 10, 2009, 04:53:15 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 10, 2009, 04:05:45 PM

The Gaa has agreed to fund their activities under the umbrella of the association. 25m is already spent on player welfare. All players receive expenses cheques if they require them. Whats the difference between that and a physio. NOt all managers are paid. The Dublin manager doesn't get a cent for instance. Think before you post the next time maybe.

Have a look at all the other amateur orgnaisations who have paid positions while the particpants aren't directly paid. There are many.

Credit Union is the one that stands out for me.

Quote from: carribbear on July 10, 2009, 04:56:31 PM
Excellent post.

Agreed its an honour to wear the county jersery and manys of man within the county would give an arm for a chance.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

rosnarun

Quote from: rrhf on July 10, 2009, 04:43:58 PM
I think they should be fcuked out of the GAA - every last one of them. 

About as intelligent as your own statement - Play the ball please Rosnarun
merely a use of sarcasm highlighting both groups claim of ownership of the GAA, I am sorry if this offened you . would you like a warning in a  PM 24  hours before my next use of such rhetorical devices

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere