€200,000........

Started by thejuice, December 07, 2008, 08:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

..............thats the cost of pitch invasions for the GAA in insurance.

As much as I enjoy the pitch invasions, do you think that money could be better spent! thats not including the damage to the pitch

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/croker-pitch-invasions-costing-8364200000-a-year-1565662.html

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

orangeman

You can't put a price on the first time Armagh or Tyrone or any other county for that matter, running out onto that pitch to acclaim their heroes. These memories will never be erased.

Small price to pay.

An Laoch

if ambulance chasing filth weren't claiming for ''injuries'' incurred while they invade the pitch the costs would be significantly down.

on pitch celebrations are great, but celebrations should be at your own risk

leenie

Quote from: orangeman on December 07, 2008, 08:14:48 PM
You can't put a price on the first time Armagh or Tyrone or any other county for that matter, running out onto that pitch to acclaim their heroes. These memories will never be erased.

Small price to pay.

and think how much we had spent waiting for those days........

insurance was well paid for!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Owenmoresider

Is this McKenna off on his annual rant about invasions? I'm sure it doesn't help the pitch, but then neither does a host of rugby matches in November, or in the spring.... ::)

ONeill

Sure stick in a friendly between Trapp's men and Howsyerboyjohn to make up for it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RedandGreenSniper

If When Mayo finally do the business on a September Sunday that premium won't be long going up a nice bit  :P
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ONeill

Yeah, especially with the dung falling to the turf from the flying pigs over Dublin.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 07, 2008, 09:39:52 PM
If When Mayo finally do the business on a September Sunday that premium won't be long going up a nice bit  :P
Uninsurable risk surely? Still it's not an event they will be anticipating any time soon, so the premium's safe. ;)

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: ONeill on December 07, 2008, 09:41:55 PM
Yeah, especially with the dung falling to the turf from the flying pigs over Dublin.

New money, no class at all

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 07, 2008, 10:22:59 PM
Uninsurable risk surely? Still it's not an event they will be anticipating any time soon, so the premium's safe. ;)

A bit like ye winning so much as the Nestor Cup  :P
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Owenmoresider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 07, 2008, 10:25:28 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 07, 2008, 09:41:55 PM

New money, no class at all

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 07, 2008, 10:22:59 PM

A bit like ye winning so much as the Nestor Cup  :P
Well now the state of the Hyde is such that we probably improved its condition!

marty88

Over €5,000,000

Thats how much gate receipts are for the all Ireland final when there is these invasions happen.
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

tyrone exile

Quote from: marty88 on December 08, 2008, 12:36:19 AM
Over €5,000,000

Thats how much gate receipts are for the all Ireland final when there is these invasions happen.

couldn't have put it better myself. Its not as if the GAA need the money, and its a small pleasure enjoyed by the fan, a well deserved one considering the price of admission

Hardy

I'm very happy you lads are not in charge of GAA finances anyway.

corn02

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 07, 2008, 09:26:31 PM
Is this McKenna off on his annual rant about invasions? I'm sure it doesn't help the pitch, but then neither does a host of rugby matches in November, or in the spring.... ::)

Hardly an annual rant. It is a quarter of million euro he is talking about, a valid point to be raised.