Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

A lot of people like yourself. Wait until August and they will start making noise again
Just wait and watch it happen
Every single child should be back on August 24th
Obviously vulnerable will have to hold back

Jim Bob

You can't have a situation where social distancing is going to be ignored in schools yet when children walk out through the school gates at the end of the school day will be subject to the same rules as everyone else.  If you are going to scrap social distancing for children then it has to apply in all circumstances , not just in school

charlieTully

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 29, 2020, 12:37:30 AM
And the nurses who worked through Covid got zilch. Oh sorry , they got clapped

Promised money lost from striking back from Michelle. Hasn't happened of course.

JimStynes

Maybe all the teachers in here could chip in with some of our back pay and buy Smurfy a wee present to cheer him up. He's close to breaking point.

screenexile

Quote from: Jim Bob on June 29, 2020, 10:50:02 AM
You can't have a situation where social distancing is going to be ignored in schools yet when children walk out through the school gates at the end of the school day will be subject to the same rules as everyone else.  If you are going to scrap social distancing for children then it has to apply in all circumstances , not just in school

There's talk of creating a "Classroom bubble".

Was just out of a meeting there it's a f**king minefield for teaching and as has been said some are working really hard and some not. Some schools sent out a pack of work for kids to do 3 months ago and haven't heard from teacher or student since while others have been on teams and seesaw interacting with kids on an almost daily basis and they'll get the same money it's not fair but then in times of crisis are things ever going to be fair??

At the minute schools are back full time from end of August and hopefully social distancing will have been greatly relaxed by then. But what if a teacher or member of staff are high risk? Where does the school get the money to pay for a sub?

What about all the new rules/processes/risk assessments that need to be put in place for return in terms of dropping off and collecting kids... lunchtime... breaktime?

What if the school doesn't have enough room to accommodate social distancing in classes?

What if a child has to take 2 weeks off with a parent showing symptoms? Does the teacher have to teach their class then do distance learning?

It's a f**king balls and the above isn't even scratching the surface along with the fact there's not a whole lot of help coming from Government. Gurn all you want about lay teachers and there are some but the majority that I know around here work damn hard and care about their school!

Jeepers Creepers

My Youngest starts nursery this year and got a letter stating she'll be in 'Bubble 2' and will only be going in 2 days a week.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: screenexile on June 29, 2020, 11:27:10 AM

This talk of bubbles is a load of utter w**k.

You swear the morons that come up with this are utter brain dead. Did they come up the lagan in a f**king bubble?!?

So kid in bubble A has the virus, takes it into school. Everyone in bubble A gets the virus over the space of a day or two and takes it home.

They spread it to their siblings and parents. The kids come back in and spread it among 3 other bubbles and 2 teachers and the parents' workplaces. They then spread it around their siblings and children (and work colleagues).

Sure if the teachers spread it in the staff room then every fukking bubble in the school has it.

Rinse and repeat. Bubbles are not effective firebreaks for this thing - and no one should kid themselves any differently.

As is fairly clear, the risk to kids is low - they are typically asymptomatic carriers - but they can spread it to others. Its the parents, and more particularly, the parents that are involved in their parents care (kid's grandparents) where the risk lies.

The evidence is  also quite clear on at least one medium of contraction - if you are in the same room with limited ventilation as a carrier for a sustained period of time, its very likely you will catch the virus.
i usse an speelchekor

Smurfy123

Jim Bob if you think social distancing in shops and pubs will be in place in August you are mad. The 1 metre rule is in but you are mad if you think it will happen in pubs

johnnycool

Just got notification that the wee lads Grammar school are splitting up each year group apart from Y12 and Y14 who seem to be allowed to attend full time.
The rest of the year groups will only be in every other day and home school the following day and so on.

not ideal and lots of things may change between now and the end of August, but not good and still no mention of transport either as the kids are almost an hour on the bus to and from school.

Jeepers Creepers

Did I hear Scotland is aiming for full time return with no restrictions?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 29, 2020, 12:57:29 PM
Did I hear Scotland is aiming for full time return with no restrictions?

I'm a teacher in England and we have been told to prepare for a full return in September with no restrictions.  The talk of bubbles is utter nonsense when applied to secondary schools.
That was never a square ball!!

delgany

All I can tell you is the winter vomiting bug goes around a school like wild fire.( It's not pleasant !)
So a slower return to school will diminish the risk of spikes in the R number and curtail the possibility of a further closure.

ONeill

Bubble bubble toil and trouble.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 29, 2020, 12:24:10 PM
Jim Bob if you think social distancing in shops and pubs will be in place in August you are mad. The 1 metre rule is in but you are mad if you think it will happen in pubs

I don't think that !!!

tbrick18

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 29, 2020, 12:02:12 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 29, 2020, 11:27:10 AM

This talk of bubbles is a load of utter w**k.

You swear the morons that come up with this are utter brain dead. Did they come up the lagan in a f**king bubble?!?

So kid in bubble A has the virus, takes it into school. Everyone in bubble A gets the virus over the space of a day or two and takes it home.

They spread it to their siblings and parents. The kids come back in and spread it among 3 other bubbles and 2 teachers and the parents' workplaces. They then spread it around their siblings and children (and work colleagues).

Sure if the teachers spread it in the staff room then every fukking bubble in the school has it.

Rinse and repeat. Bubbles are not effective firebreaks for this thing - and no one should kid themselves any differently.

As is fairly clear, the risk to kids is low - they are typically asymptomatic carriers - but they can spread it to others. Its the parents, and more particularly, the parents that are involved in their parents care (kid's grandparents) where the risk lies.

The evidence is  also quite clear on at least one medium of contraction - if you are in the same room with limited ventilation as a carrier for a sustained period of time, its very likely you will catch the virus.

I see in Leicester they are being put back into lockdown. One of the findings is an abnormally high number of positive Covid19 tests in children of school age. Schools to be closed again from Thursday.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-53229371

Do people really think that when the kids are all back to school that'll be business as usual? It will let everyone back to work as the free childcare returns?
Lets take Belfast as an example and imagine the same thing happens there and an Lockdown is re-imposed there with schools closed. That alone, will more than likely close down the NI economy again given the nature of our small region.
Now don't get me wrong, there are more ways of spreading this than in schools, but with all kids back in all schools it will increase the spread and increase the chances of a further lockdown here and subsequently result in more deaths.
First thing I'd look at doing is to severely restrict travel between here and mainland uk, particularly inward travel.
I'd still lean towards keeping schools closed until there's a vaccine, however unpopular that is.
If we have to lockdown by end of Sep after a late Aug return to schools, it will run right into Christmas and beyond.