Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

First day back today. Can we get a big round of applause on Thursday nights please! #heroes

ONeill

All that Fortnite gone to waste now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

delgany

Saving face and dumbing down the slaughtering,he would've faced in the Assembly tomorrow. He just needs to lock the schools down again, for the full house !

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: CK_Redhand on August 17, 2020, 11:09:09 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on August 17, 2020, 09:24:52 AM
GCSEs are harder, but for A-level, why did they not just extrapolate each individual pupil's results from KS3, GCSE and AS-levels (and any modules they'd been examined on already)?

That removes teachers, removes school bias etc, and bases it solely on the pupil's previous performance.

Regardless of what way they did it - they should have published the model months ago and allowed for review then. At which point everyone can say yay or nay and suggest improvements. A cloak and dagger approach was never going to go down well.
I believe Justin Edwards mentioned either they or the people building the modela didn't have KS3 data.

What the fuk.

Seriously. What the fuk did they think they were doing? They are the f**king education authorities. How do they not have the exam results data?

I'm not entirely against dismissal of all civil servants involved in this farce. Same as RHI. If they can be sacked by proximity to such a large fuckup, then perhaps in future a bit more effort would be taken.

How they [couldn't be bothered/figure out a means of] getting hold of KS3 results in the space of 4-5 months is utterly astounding.
i usse an speelchekor

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Been a while since they were about, my wife use to mark those for an extra few shackles
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CK_Redhand

Are KS3 CCEA?  The models were built on UK wide data, maybe that's the problem?  There are many valid reasons why they could not get or use the data.

delgany

End of Key Stage 1,2 and 3 moderated assessments were the casualties of the teaching unions'  industrial action of the past 5 years.
They will be re instated at some stage , this school year , but who knows !

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: delgany on August 17, 2020, 09:46:58 PM
End of Key Stage 1,2 and 3 moderated assessments were the casualties of the teaching unions'  industrial action of the past 5 years.
They will be re instated at some stage , this school year , but who knows !

Ah - that I didn't know.

I thought that they'd continue with KS3 assessments as they were part of basic curriculum and would fall within basic part of job.
i usse an speelchekor

Keyser soze

Is it just my suspicious mind that makes me suspect that a similar algorithm has always been in place to advantage certain schools and is only now seeing the light because of the lockdown?

johnnycool

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 18, 2020, 01:09:50 PM
Is it just my suspicious mind that makes me suspect that a similar algorithm has always been in place to advantage certain schools and is only now seeing the light because of the lockdown?

There's something afoot alright.

There seems to be some form of "standardisation" going on all the time much akin to the methodology of the old 11 plus. It didn't matter how smart you were but if there were 15% of kids smarter than you you didn't get an A.

armaghniac

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 18, 2020, 01:09:50 PM

Yes, it is just your suspicious mind.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Estimator

Only £3million from a pot of £50million for integrated education spent. Rest being returned/kept by the treasury. Another major failure by the minister and dept.

http://www.irishnews.com/paywall/tsb/irishnews/irishnews/irishnews//news/2017/02/06/news/almost-all-of-50-million-pot-for-shared-education-returned-to-treasury-920565/content.html
Ulster League Champions 2009

NAG1

Quote from: Estimator on August 18, 2020, 01:43:36 PM
Only £3million from a pot of £50million for integrated education spent. Rest being returned/kept by the treasury. Another major failure by the minister and dept.

http://www.irishnews.com/paywall/tsb/irishnews/irishnews/irishnews//news/2017/02/06/news/almost-all-of-50-million-pot-for-shared-education-returned-to-treasury-920565/content.html

How can that be a failure on part of the minister? He has plenty of failings in recent times, but he can't force people who don't want inegrated education to do so.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2020, 09:04:33 PM
Been a while since they were about, my wife use to mark those for an extra few shackles

Interesting method of payment.