Gerry Adams "had Jean McConville disappeared"

Started by Minder, March 28, 2010, 02:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 09:08:12 AM

This is a discussion board, I don't think you grasp that.

The information is in the public domain so I'm not speculating or casting aspersions, I'm merely making my own personal, rational conclusions on what we have available.

If you have anything that may contradict that then be my guest but if you're just sniping because you don't have the intellect to contribute to this discussion then I suggest you toddle on.

How have I insulted the family?

Sweet Jesus - Really? and you are talking about intellect!

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 09:35:05 AM

The information is in the public domain so I'm not speculating or casting aspersions, I'm merely making my own personal, rational conclusions on what we have available.

If you have anything that may contradict that then be my guest but if you're just sniping because you don't have the intellect to contribute to this discussion then I suggest you toddle on.

I think when someone attempts stonewalling when asked a question about a claim they made it would indicate a lack of intelligence.

It's a fairly basic question. Why don't you attempt to answer it?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 09:48:35 AM

I think when someone attempts stonewalling when asked a question about a claim they made it would indicate a lack of intelligence.

Given the high intellect which you are purporting to possess and given what has been actually proven about this tragic case, i find it inconceivable that you don't know the answer to your own question.

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 09:52:30 AM
Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 09:48:35 AM

Given the high intellect which you are purporting to possess and given what has been actually proven about this tragic case, i find it inconceivable that you don't know the answer to your own question.

Can we have it noted for the record that the hot air balloon that is t_mac has been unable to substantiate his claims after being asked on multiple occasions to do so.

If I  insulted the family, it should be fairly easy for you to specifically point out where and how I have done so. You can't.

t_mac

You are hard work, I can only assume you are an only child and always got your way.  If you were one of Jean McConville's children and read that unproven, scurrilous drivel would you not feel insulted?

Quote from: Angelo on October 17, 2019, 10:08:36 PM
The never ending saga back in the headlines again.

Basically it will go around and around in loops but it will never be solved until there is a willingness to come clean from all sides:

I think it looks incredibly likely the following took place:

- Jean McConville was a British Intelligence informant
- She had been caught and given a warning that she would be killed if she continued to do so
- Her British handlers were aware of this
- She was caught again and her death was ordered by the senior IRA figures
- Gerry Adams was likely the man who gave the orders along with Ivor Bell
- Dolours Price and Pat McClure carried out the execution and disappearance

But they'll never have closure:

- Adams won't admit to being in the IRA, won't admit to having knowledge of the decision to execute her or admit to giving the order
- The Brits won't admit to having her as an informant, won't admit to endangering the life of one of their assets in full knowledge that she was under severe threat and won't hand over classified documents
- Her family won't accept the likelihood that she was indeed a tout and was killed for this reason

It's a sad situation that bears all the hallmarks of the harshness of life back then but I think there were far worse atrocities and far bigger victims back that don't get the spotlight the Jean McConville case still does.

It will continue to wrangle on and wrangle on without ever reaching closure and certain elements will use here name to get as much political capital as they can.

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 10:16:36 AM
You are hard work, I can only assume you are an only child and always got your way.  If you were one of Jean McConville's children and read that unproven, scurrilous drivel would you not feel insulted?

Basically it will go around and around in loops but it will never be solved until there is a willingness to come clean from all sides:

- She had been caught and given a warning that she would be killed if she continued to do so

- Adams won't admit to being in the IRA, won't admit to having knowledge of the decision to execute her or admit to giving the order
- The Brits won't admit to having her as an informant, won't admit to endangering the life of one of their assets in full knowledge that she was under severe threat and won't hand over classified documents
- Her family won't accept the likelihood that she was indeed a tout and was killed for this reason

It's a sad situation that bears all the hallmarks of the harshness of life back then but I think there were far worse atrocities and far bigger victims back that don't get the spotlight the Jean McConville case still does.

It will continue to wrangle on and wrangle on without ever reaching closure and certain elements will use here name to get as much political capital as they can.

Why? Because you are unable to answer a basic question on the tenets of your claim. You're continuing to stonewall, why are you struggling to answe a very easy question?

I think the McConville children only want to pursue certain elements of the truth.

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 10:24:48 AM

Why? Because you are unable to answer a basic question on the tenets of your claim. You're continuing to stonewall, why are you struggling to answe a very easy question?

I think the McConville children only want to pursue certain elements of the truth.

So after insulting the family, defending the insult, you go on to insult them again, classy act.

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 10:44:45 AM
Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 10:24:48 AM

So after insulting the family, defending the insult, you go on to insult them again, classy act.

You're accussing me of insulting the family yet you can't even substantiate your claims. You're full of hot air, you will bandy about insults and allegations yourself but will run away when pressed on them.

I'm confident in my views, I can substantiate my views, I am confident enough to explain my rationale.

I don't see how stating facts in an insult.

The McConvilles have continually sought not to countenance any possibility their mother was an informer despite the fact it is more than a credible theory.

People (including the McConvilles) are happy to take the word of Price, Hughes et al that Adams knew and was complicit in the orders to execute Jean McConville but won't accept the word from them that she was a tout and that she had received a warning after earlier being caught. You can't have it both ways.

t_mac

If you are so confident in your own views and can substantiate them post them under your own name and include some contact details, ill post the link on twitter https://twitter.com/search/jean+mcconville or you can post them yourself.

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 11:58:16 AM
If you are so confident in your own views and can substantiate them post them under your own name and include some contact details, ill post the link on twitter https://twitter.com/search/jean+mcconville or you can post them yourself.

More stonewalling and deflecting.

You want me to publish my identity and you want to remain anonymous?

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 12:08:57 PM

I am not the one throwing around unproven accusations about a mother who was murdered and insulting her memory and that of her family, 10 children who went through an ordeal one could never comprehend, but you carry on posting these scurrilous accusations under the cloud of anonymity.

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 12:24:36 PM

I am not the one throwing around unproven accusations about a mother who was murdered and insulting her memory and that of her family, 10 children who went through an ordeal one could never comprehend, but you carry on posting these scurrilous accusations under the cloud of anonymity.

I'm not throwing around accusations. I'm just basing my views on what is in the public domain and stating it as such.

All you've done is come on here and try and obfuscate any discussion on the matter. If you have nothing to add them why don't you toddle on? What is your own view?

Baile Brigín 2

There is validity to the point that if people want to take the Boston tapes as evidence, they have to take the whole lot. And that isn't just the who, its the why.

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 12:58:04 PM
Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 12:24:36 PM

I'm not throwing around accusations. I'm just basing my views on what is in the public domain and stating it as such.

All you've done is come on here and try and obfuscate any discussion on the matter. If you have nothing to add them why don't you toddle on? What is your own view?

Under an anonymous name, base them under your own name on the twitter account I referenced.

Itchy

The person interviewed on the Boston Tapes said that Jean McConville was an informer. The same person said Adams ordered her execution. So its either OK to put both in the public domain or neither of them.