The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

ok - my money is on Argentina. Perhaps that is down to he fact that Messi could be 'The Man' - but like Maradonna in 1982, the pressure could be too much so I am puting me money on England (they have to win it some time and for a bet ... why not?). 

EagleLord

Argentina's form is all over the place, I dont see them winning it at all. Evey player seem to be playing well for their club, none more so than Lionel, but they struggled through qualification, not able to produce the same form, the wee man included. Also, Maradona is a strange character, one would argue has he the right personality to be a manager? He makes strange desicions, call-ups etc. He did call up a man who was in the international wilderness for 7years, leading many to say, wat the?!..then again, that man was Martin Palermo, who ended up being the man to score the goal to put them through. Desicion justified then i guess. He plays Riquilme and Veron regullarly too, 2 men who have been bansihed from the European game and labeled has-beens. Im hoping Spain do it myself. Iv been supporting them for years.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

1. Spain
2. Brazil
3. Argentina
4. Germany
5. Italy
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

worth noting A European team has never won the World cup outside of Europe & the only teams to have won it outside of South America was Brazil & Argentina

if Brazil were to play Spain they would overpower them in size alone
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EagleLord

Quote from: ross4life on April 15, 2010, 12:35:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiB3683PztQ world cup advert, messi bit is good  :D
god ad alryt. decent song too! I see Arshavins there in that ad.. but Russia arent in the world cup??? awkwardness on the set i would think.... :-[

longrunsthefox

I see there are loads of ticets for sale including the final. Would have gone if Henri hadn't done the dirt... would love to see Messi light up the World Cup and Rooney be shown for what he is... English hype. 

AFS

This is still definitely happening  :)

Quote from: AFS on December 05, 2009, 04:00:13 AM
Predictions

2010 World Cup draw

Group A: France, Uruguay, South Africa, Mexico

Group B: Nigeria, Argentina, Greece, South Korea

Group C: England, USA, Slovenia, Algeria

Group D: Serbia, Germany, Ghana, Australia

Group E: Netherlands, Denmark, Cameroon, Japan

Group F: Italy, Slovakia, Paraguay, New Zealand

Group G: Brazil, Ivory Cost, Portugal, North Korea

Group H: Spain, Switzerland, Chile, Honduras

Last 16:

France - Argentina
England - Germany
Netherlands - Slovakia
Brazil - Switzerland
Nigeria - Uruguay
Serbia - USA
Italy - Denmark
Spain - Ivory Coast

1/4 Finals:

France - Germany
Netherlands - Brazil
Nigeria - Serbia
Italy - Spain

1/2 Finals:

Germany - Brazil
Serbia - Spain

Final

Brazil - Spain

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Always look forward to the World Cup. Even as I get more cynical about soccer as a game, the tournament itself still excites me.

Anyway can I be the first to say 'Don't write off the Germans'.

mick999

Watch all of the world cup matches in High Definition on Freesat ...
Both BBC HD + ITV HD

http://www.freesat.co.uk/worldcup/

Watch the Ad here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjQE8wSyuoo

Hardy

Is it possible to get a 4-week block-booking for Lough Derg for June/early July?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on April 15, 2010, 10:54:09 AM
Is it possible to get a 4-week block-booking for Lough Derg for June/early July?

Ara go on Hardy. Admit it. You like the World Cup. Everyone likes the World Cup :D

Or are you intending on going into hiding after Offaly's long grass ambush of the Royals?