The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

A much needed boost for Liverpool FC & their fans.

Hopefully Joe can be given the freedom to play to his maximum ability.

Him and Jovanovic could be two very important signings this transfer window.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

As long as we can keep, Torres, Gerrard and Mascherano, things are beginning to look very good for Liverpool. Did we really make a 6 million pound profit getting rid of Yossi and getting Joe Cole in return. Now if Hodgson could get a winger, Duff would be ideal.

Carmen Stateside

Well happy with the signing of Joe Cole.  Priority now is a Left back.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 19, 2010, 04:55:41 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on July 19, 2010, 03:30:12 PM
Joe Cole + £6m for Yossi = good move Woy!

When put like that, it's an amazing deal. Cole was the last thing Arsenal need i.e tippy tappy footballer but I think he could be an excellent signing for Liverpool, very different to their current midfielders, needs to stay fit though..

Agree with that. Cole's ponderous nature would not suit Arsenal's style at all.

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 19, 2010, 03:12:04 PM
A little ironic for a Chelsea fan to be playing the "Money has ruined the game " card surely?

Did I say that?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

supersub

I see Cole had arrived in Switzerland! Hopefully he will get a run out on Wed night!!

GalwayBayBoy

Another top signing in the bag.

QuoteJoe Cole is not the only new arrival at Liverpool with former Simply Red guitarist Sylvan Richardson joining the club as their new masseur.

Richardson was part of the legendary soul group's original line-up in 1985 but quit two years later having become disillusioned with the music industry.

He is currently with Liverpool for pre-season training in Switzerland.

"They have been giving me a lot of stick," said Richardson. "Especially [assistant manager] Sammy Lee."

Richardson's arrival at Anfield is surely not going to go unnoticed by his former Simply Red band-mate Mick Hucknall, who is a supporter of Liverpool's Premier League rivals Manchester United.

GalwayBayBoy

Carmen Stateside

norabeag

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 19, 2010, 03:12:04 PM
A little ironic for a Chelsea fan to be playing the "Money has ruined the game " card surely?

I see Jol is about to replace Hodgson at Fulham. I think Hodgson is a good choice for Liverpool but in hindsight would Jol's more recent European club experience have made him a more attractive choice for Liverpool? Always thought he was a very good manager, hard done by at Spurs
Perfect for ensuring mid table stability ;)

under the bar

So what's the latest on Torres?  Him being crap in the biggest shop windo of all the World Cup might yet prove a godsend for Liverpool.

Geoff Tipps

AZOffaly

Who'd want him after last season and this world Cup?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 20, 2010, 12:48:38 PM
Who'd want him after last season and this world Cup?

I think the generally accepted view in England is that he was the best of their bad bunch at the World Cup. 08/09 was probably his best season ever also.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead