The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuoteGood job, hurling should be much better.

Is there ever a time when hurling isn't better?

Than Liverpool, no.

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 17, 2010, 06:53:08 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 17, 2010, 06:45:03 PM
Good job, hurling should be much better.

Is there ever a time when hurling isn't better?

I know you're getting married but...........you are aware there is something better than hurling?
MWWSI 2017

The Real Laoislad

Insua gone to Fiorentina

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson says Emiliano Insua is joining Fiorentina.

Insua has left the club's training camp in Switzerland to have talks with the Serie A outfit.

His imminent departure, combined with Aurelio being released after his contract expired, means manager Roy Hodgson's priority is finding a new left-back as soon as possible.

"We have agreed a fee for the sale of Emiliano Insua to Fiorentina and given them permission to speak with the player," said a club spokesman.

"Emiliano has now left our Swiss training camp and we'll make further comment when appropriate."

Insua arrived at Anfield in January 2007 from Boca Juniors and played 62 matches for the Reds.

Liverpool's friendly against Al-Hilal in Switzerland this evening has been called off after the pitch was deemed unplayable following heavy rain.

It means Hodgson will have to wait until Wednesday, when they face Swiss side Grasshoppers, for his first game since taking over from Rafael Benitez on July 1.

Hodgson thanked Insua for his service to the club.

"A deal has been struck with Fiorentina. We wish him well for the rest of his career and thank him for his time spent at Liverpool," he said.

"I am expecting him to join Fiorentina next week."
You'll Never Walk Alone.

EagleLord

Aw no, I liked Insua.  :(

DirtyDozen12

Liverpool have signed Joe Cole on a four-year contract.

Happy enough with this, good player, surprised he left London though.  Good man Hodgson.

Now to bring back Robbie Keane

You heard it here first  8)
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

J OGorman

Quote from: stiffler on July 15, 2010, 05:58:15 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on July 14, 2010, 10:40:11 PM
Linked with Chelsea? What reputable source are we talking about? I'd be very interested to hear

If your so interested, then go take a look at google, if you know how to use it

The only thing I'm interested in is fact, or links from reliable sources, not the 99% dung from the gutter press that you read and believe..."torres is going to chelski everyone, i read it in the Daily Mail"

Re the Joe Cole signing, if its signed sealed and delivered, happy days. Could prove to be a good signing. Like his work ethic and has a bit of magic about him. Will be strange though to see him in a Liverpool kit after a good few years wearing the blue of Chelsea

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GalwayBayBoy

Badly needed. Cole is a good player when fit. Hopefully might convince Torres and Gerrard to hang around. If they do Liverpool have a decent attacking threat next season with Torres, Gerrard, Cole, Kuyt and Jovanovic. Still need a decent back-up to Torres and if Insua's gone we probably also need two left-backs. And who knows with Mascherano with his agent agitating for a move again.

quit yo jibbajabba

nice to see theres still a bit of money around, 90k per week not to be sniffed at.  hopefully a decent signing, proven premiership player, as long as he werent bought to play left back :P

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TacadoirArdMhacha

A little ironic for a Chelsea fan to be playing the "Money has ruined the game " card surely?

I see Jol is about to replace Hodgson at Fulham. I think Hodgson is a good choice for Liverpool but in hindsight would Jol's more recent European club experience have made him a more attractive choice for Liverpool? Always thought he was a very good manager, hard done by at Spurs
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Hound

Well swapping Cole for Benayoun and getting £6m in cash is no bad deal - albeit Cole's over the 4 years of his contract will be £3m more than what Benny would have got (£90k vs £75k pw).

EC Unique

Dinny Breen

Quote from: EC Unique on July 19, 2010, 03:30:12 PM
Joe Cole + £6m for Yossi = good move Woy!

When put like that, it's an amazing deal. Cole was the last thing Arsenal need i.e tippy tappy footballer but I think he could be an excellent signing for Liverpool, very different to their current midfielders, needs to stay fit though..
#newbridgeornowhere

Square Ball

must admit that i think that Cole is a great buy for you lot, rate him highly and was hoping the SAF was in for him
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid