The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 20, 2010, 12:54:25 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 20, 2010, 12:48:38 PM
Who'd want him after last season and this world Cup?

I think the generally accepted view in England is that he was the best of their bad bunch at the World Cup. 08/09 was probably his best season ever also.

That's tallest pygmey syndrome.

He's 30, and just off a bad season with Liverpool and a bad world cup. No one would pay the money Liverpool would ask for him, so I think this declaration is up there with Andy Cole 'retiring' from international football.

quit yo jibbajabba

AZOffaly

Emile Heskey retired from international football immediately after playing in a World Cup. Whether he was any good or not is not the point I am making.

Andy Cole 'retired' from fnternational football about 3 years after he was last picked to play. I think Football365 even brought out a series of T-Shirts you could buy that said something like 'I've retired from international football too'.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 20, 2010, 12:48:38 PM
Who'd want him after last season and this world Cup?

Thought he was one of England's better players at the World Cup to be honest. Not that it would be hard.

Still if he said he wanted to leave there would be no shortage of clubs who would be glad to take him although at his age the days of expecting 30 million for him are gone.

supersub

Gerrard would walk into the midfield of any european club, he is a class act. Crap season last year yeh but he cant drag the whole team every single season. The off field things obviously took it out of him as well for a while. Glad to see him staying never mind what age he is.

AZOffaly

I'm glad he's staying too. All I'm saying is that it's not surprising he is, because his form wouldn't make you worried about a big bid like Liverpool would ask for coming in.

Having said that, if a big bid did come in, I'd be tempted.

isourboydownyet

just a random question,how would you all feel about warnock coming back as our new left back?

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 19, 2010, 09:51:01 PM
As long as we can keep, Torres, Gerrard and Mascherano, things are beginning to look very good for Liverpool. Did we really make a 6 million pound profit getting rid of Yossi and getting Joe Cole in return. Now if Hodgson could get a winger, Duff would be ideal.

in 2002 maybe

charlie stubbs

Quote from: isourboydownyet on July 20, 2010, 04:39:21 PM
just a random question,how would you all feel about warnock coming back as our new left back?

should never have been let go imo

Joxer

See they've signed Danny Wilson from Rangers for £2 mill

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 20, 2010, 06:23:57 PM
Quote from: isourboydownyet on July 20, 2010, 04:39:21 PM

should never have been let go imo

Agree with that
You'll Never Walk Alone.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Joxer on July 20, 2010, 07:04:17 PM
See they've signed Danny Wilson from Rangers for £2 mill
dont know much about him, but he seems highly rated.
wouldnt expect him to see much first team action this season though.
A new left back still the proirity, but hard to see who is out there worth taking
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

under the bar

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: under the bar on July 21, 2010, 10:24:29 AM
Waht is it with Liverpool & Rangers defenders??
there hasnt been that many has there?
The greek i suppose, he proved a decent enough signing for the money paid for him
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

quit yo jibbajabba

And Degen can go; this week just gets better and better!!! Thats one bit o good news every day this week, cant wait for rest of week lol