Dublin v Cork - National League Final - 4pm throw-in

Started by twohands!!!, April 13, 2015, 10:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

These 2 heavy-weights of league football go head to head in a battle for the ages.

Can Dublin do a league three in a row to set them up for the arduous assault on Leinster?

Could Cork win some silverware this year under Cuthbert to make up for the loss of their McGrath Cup title?

MourneArmy

Looking forward to this one after our game with Roscommon. On current league form it's hard to look past Cork winning. Any team that scores goals for fun vs Donegal are a serious outfit. But it is Dublin we're talking about and on their day they can tear any team in Ireland to shreds. This should be a very entertaining match-up, and hopefully plenty of quality scores.

I'll go for a draw.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 13, 2015, 10:59:39 AM
These 2 heavy-weights of league football go head to head in a battle for the ages.

Can Dublin do a league three in a row to set them up for the arduous assault on Leinster?

Could Cork win some silverware this year under Cuthbert to make up for the loss of their McGrath Cup title?

Battle for the ages????

Arduous assault on Leinster??

Been watching too many Sky promos I fear!!!
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

twohands!!!

Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 13, 2015, 11:40:36 AM

Battle for the ages????

Arduous assault on Leinster??

Been watching too many Sky promos I fear!!!

Up too late last night, too early this morning and a wee bit over-caffeinated.

twohands!!!

Cork Team

QuoteThe Cork Senior Football team is named as follows:

1.   Ken O'Halloran (Bishopstown)

2.   Tom Clancy (Clonakilty)

3.   Michael Shields (St. Finbarr's)

4.   James Loughrey (Mallow)

5.   Jamie O'Sullivan (Bishopstown)

6.   Conor Dorman (Bishopstown)

7.   Tomás Clancy (Fermoy)

8.   Eoin Cadogan (Douglas)

9.   Fintan Goold (Macroom)

10. Kevin O'Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)

11. John O'Rourke (Carbery Rangers)

12. Colm O'Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)

13. Colm O'Neill (Ballyclough)

14. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)

15. Brian Hurley (Castlehaven)

Subs:

16.  Paddy O'Shea (St. Vincent's)

17.  Stephen O'Donoghue (Ballincollig)

18.  Noel Galvin (Ballincollig)

19.  Stephen Cronin (Nemo Rangers)

20.  Brian O'Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)

21.  Daniel Goulding (Éire Óg)

22.  Paul Kerrigan (Nemo Rangers)

23.  Donal Óg Hodnett (O'Donovan Rossa)

24.  John Hayes (Carbery Rangers)

25.  Barry O'Driscoll (Nemo Rangers)

Unavailable for selection due to injury: Ian Maguire, Ruairi Deane, Donncha O'Connor and Patrick Kelly.

The other news out of Cork is Alan O'Connor is to rejoin the Cork panel again.

Can't help but think that Cuthbert must have had to bend over backwards to get O'Connor to join up because the report of conversation l heard last year when Cuthbert asked O'Connor to return involved the words F.O.

It's also interesting to see Deane still on the injured listed given he has been back training with Bantry for a while now and has even played a game for them.

The word on Maguire is a lot less positive and there are apparently doubts if he will feature at all for Cork this season.

The whole area of Cork's midfield under Cuthbert is like some sort of soap opera with the comings and goings.

twohands!!!

http://www.dublingaa.ie/news/two-changes-for-league-decider-against-rebels

Once again the Dublin GAA website are unable to grasp the tricky notion of naming the subs.

Naming subs might only encourage those pesky folk who think that Dublin have some sort of advantage given something like half the footballers in the land are playing in Dublin. Can't be having that. We'll be hearing talk of splitting Dublin again which is given a ridiculous notion and an affront to all true Jackeens Gaels (and anyone who makes mention of the fact that the Dublin minors were split in two already, will be hung, drawn and quartered and forced to listen to 72 hours straight of Tommy Carr commentary.)

In the regular league meeting between these 2 sides Cork played pretty much the same team as will be playing Sunday (bar the odd lad with a knock or two) whereas Dublin lined out with a random collection of lads that were picked up while whizzing past the Red Cow round-about and then used a cunning substitution policy of taking off the lads who were playing well and replacing them with lads who were pretty much plucked from the watching Dublin support. Now that Dublin are lining out in something that bears some sort of resemblance to their best 15 they should steamroller Cork out of existence as long as Dublin manage the tricky maneuver of actually getting into first gear.

The big question that the great minds of GAAdom will be pondering for the next few hours is whether Jim The Tinkerman will be able to resist the temptation to change the named starting 15 given the massive gap of  approximately forty something hours between the naming of the team and throw-in. Will it be one change, two change, three change,or more? Bated breathe is the relevant phrase I believe.

No MDMA named amongst the starters or subs - can this be true??? some fall from grace for a lad who was POTY in 2013 - maybe Jim has cottoned on to the fact that a lad who is wholly incapable of actually kicking the ball might not be best option - however looking at the teamsheet again and presence of nun udder than 1 Stick-Fast Bastic dashes that theory to pieces. Or might it be some sort of backlash to the mooted rumors regarding the decriminalisation of certain substances in the political sphere. Is smiley Jim concerned about being seen as too Smiley?

Perhaps smiley Jim is playing the long game and lulling the rabbels into overconfidence with their midfield pairing and setting them up for the mother of all surprises come championship time when a Clare midfield will wreck merry havoc against the combo of the last midfielder Cuthbert in Cork hasn't fallen out with (Gould) and a lad who's convinced he's still playing full-back, but just with a very attacking brief - so attack-minded that he will actually spent all of his time in the middle of the field and is totally unaware that another lad will be playing the traditional "full-back" role and yet another lad will be playing the "centre-back" role. Surely this will be the radical twist on the concept of full-back play that gets Cubbie wreck-og-nised as the Genie-ASS tactical innovator that he knows he is [HE KNOWS POWERPOINT FOR FECKS SAKE !!!!!!]

In other news I've been awake for an exceedingly long time and have fallen among bad company (namely a throng of my relatives and a frankly shocking number of bottles of poitin) so if there is a pitch invasion in Croke park or a one-man assault on the Sports Department in RTE at any stage over the next two weeks, it will be me and may God have mercy on my soul.

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Agent Orange

If it goes to extra time, will Cork come back out on to the field?

Fuzzman

Wildweasel74

cuconnacht

Never mind the boo boys 2H they've no imagination,great intro.

GAA Beo (TS)

13:30
Live coverage of Down v Roscommon in the Allianz Football League Division 2 Final and of Dublin v Cork in the Allianz Football League Division 1 Final from Croke Park. Presented by Micheál Ó Domhnaill with commentary by Brian Tyers and Marcus Ó Buachalla

Cork by 2

From the Bunker

BluestackBoy

A disgraceful assault on Connolly by the Cork No 5.

I hope there is some way of coming back to this, he could have broken Connolly's jaw with that cowardly attack.

I hope Dublin go on to wallop them.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

moysider

Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 26, 2015, 04:09:49 PM
A disgraceful assault on Connolly by the Cork No 5.

I hope there is some way of coming back to this, he could have broken Connolly's jaw with that cowardly attack.

I hope Dublin go on to wallop them.
Disgraceful if that goes unpunished.

Jinxy

What's with all the pigeons?
Thought this was why we got Hawkeye.
If you were any use you'd be playing.