Meath vs Dublin - Leinster final - the day before the fair.

Started by thejuice, June 09, 2019, 11:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

Dublin crowd leaving.

I suppose in 5 years time Meath will have both a defensive and offensive game plan mastered to compete with the dubs
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

clarshack

Captain Obvious

The Dubs getting a lot more space in this 2nd half to kick scores.

GalwayBayBoy

Wonder will Dublin ever lose a Leinster championship match again?

12 points up and they've not even played particularly well today by their own standards.

highorlow

QuoteDublin were actually for the taking here today.

Bullshit. For once Spillane is correct. Dubs only flooting about with Meath in 1st half but Jim Gavin will say they have a lot to work on.

tyrone08

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:19:16 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 05:10:30 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 04:33:10 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 04:27:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 04:21:48 PM
Fairly embarrassing from Mannion there. No doubt it will be sweeped under the carpet like similar incidents with Cooper and McMahon were in the past. If a player from another county was guilty of what Mannion did there......
Tiernan mccann done it and was on public trial. Doubt the same standard will applied to the dubs

Seriously? You're comparing those two incidents

They are directly comparable. In both cases the player wasn't hit in the face and both cases they fell to the floor like diving dirt bags

McCann has his hair ruffled and threw himself to the ground like he was shot. Mannion was actually shoved to the ground and yeah he held his face, but it was nothing like the McCann incident

So going down holding the face dispite there being no actual contact to the face is not comparable? Your embarrassing yourself now. Put your hands up, admit he dived and move on

Wildweasel74

That as bad I seen Dublin since the 8-6 horror show against Donegal bck in 2011.They likely pick the pace up from here on in.Johnny Cooper still injured?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 23, 2019, 05:26:03 PM
That as bad I seen Dublin since the 8-6 horror show against Donegal bck in 2011.They likely pick the pace up from here on in.Johnny Cooper still injured?
Dublin were much worse in the 2016 All Ireland drawn final. Only 0-9 scored both goals were OGs.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:19:16 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 05:10:30 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 04:33:10 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 04:27:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 04:21:48 PM
Fairly embarrassing from Mannion there. No doubt it will be sweeped under the carpet like similar incidents with Cooper and McMahon were in the past. If a player from another county was guilty of what Mannion did there......
Tiernan mccann done it and was on public trial. Doubt the same standard will applied to the dubs

Seriously? You're comparing those two incidents

They are directly comparable. In both cases the player wasn't hit in the face and both cases they fell to the floor like diving dirt bags

McCann has his hair ruffled and threw himself to the ground like he was shot. Mannion was actually shoved to the ground and yeah he held his face, but it was nothing like the McCann incident

So are you saying some dives are more acceptable than other dives?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Mayo4Sam14

Did I miss something there or are Dublin getting frees for fouling their own players now?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on June 23, 2019, 05:31:06 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 23, 2019, 05:29:54 PM
Did I miss something there or are Dublin getting frees for fouling their own players now?
He was clearly pushed in the back into his own man.

+1

It was a free!

highorlow

QuoteDid I miss something there or are Dublin getting frees for fouling their own players now?

:D

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GalwayBayBoy

Blowitupref

All over. Dublin 1-17 Meath 0-4.  A stroll for Dublin in that 2nd half. Meath with the lowest score in a Leinster final since 1983.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose