Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 19, 2020, 10:48:27 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 19, 2020, 10:22:19 AM
2 more for Haaland last night, a big miss by United. Does the blame lay with Raiola or Woodward?

If a €50m release clause being part of any deal is true, Utd were right to walk away.

Why? What case scenario you get a goalscorer who might deliver you 4th place, sell on for significant profit.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: gallsman on February 19, 2020, 02:06:03 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 19, 2020, 10:48:27 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 19, 2020, 10:22:19 AM
2 more for Haaland last night, a big miss by United. Does the blame lay with Raiola or Woodward?

If a €50m release clause being part of any deal is true, Utd were right to walk away.

Why? What case scenario you get a goalscorer who might deliver you 4th place, sell on for significant profit.

You would have constant speculation over him leaving (see Pogba), come to rely on him then be stuck paying 3x that for a replacement. Also the rumoured money to his agent/family also seemed like a mess. Delighted Utd are trying to avoid working with that parasite (Raiola) anyway.

Cunny Funt

According to the press conference Rashford will be out for another few months yet. Probably May at best before he's back. United will do well to stay in the top 4 race and Europa League without him.

Club Brugge tomorrow night is a real banana skin, they are no mugs. 9 points clear in the Belgian league and back in October they drew with Real Madrid in the Bernabéu.

rodney trotter

They've Mignolet in nets. He was error prone at Liverpool.
The Pl don't help the English Clubs in Europe with the fixtures. United had no game for 2 weeks, and play on a Monday 3 days before the Europa match.

Boycey

Average enough from UNited, but a draw and a goal to take back for the home leg. A huge lift in intensity and intent after Fred and Fernandes came on....

Cunny Funt

Decent result considering 6 changes was made from Monday night and Pereira, Lingard starting is like playing with 9 men.

United were the better team in an mediocre contest. Both goals came from errors. For the Brugge goal United should have got a corner in the build up, Romero then caught in no man's land.

Martial showed good strength and composure on his goal and unlucky he didn't score a 2nd goal when Mignolet saved his shot onto the post.

BennyCake

I never even knew United were playing today. Had actually forget they were still in Europe. Don't think I've seen any action from any European games this season.

Is this the QF stage?

Boycey

Quote from: BennyCake on February 20, 2020, 08:47:43 PM
I never even knew United were playing today. Had actually forget they were still in Europe. Don't think I've seen any action from any European games this season.

Is this the QF stage?

The Round of 32

Your man fcuked up by the way  ;)

BennyCake

magpie seanie

United started well and looked decent until they gave a terrible goal away. Then it was very poor until half time. Lingard and Pereira were absolutely awful throughout. constantly giving the ball away but to be fair weren't the only ones. Brugge didn't look menacing all the same. After United scored....a half mistake by Brugge but Martial was onto it like a light and finished well....Martial had one of those games where he looked up for it and looked what he can be. Didn't get enough good quality service though. Then in the second half United controlled the game mostly with an upsurge in tempo when Fred and particularly Fernandes were introduced. Would have been nice to get a winner but should be ok in the second leg. Making 6 changes was risky but it paid off. Firs time I've seen Brandon Williams a bit iffy. Shaw inside him ewas actually really good....left centre back in that 3 might be the spot for him.

Farrandeelin

Anyone care to give a report on the game today? Up to 5th, I still think we're worse than that however. Probably lose to a resurgent Everton team next week seeing as it's an away game.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GJL

Fernandez is making a massive difference. He is quality.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 23, 2020, 04:43:06 PM
Anyone care to give a report on the game today? Up to 5th, I still think we're worse than that however. Probably lose to a resurgent Everton team next week seeing as it's an away game.

Got around to watching the game. Good value for the 3-0 could or should have won by more. Fernandez, Martial, Greenwood, Shaw and James very good. Top class finishing on the 2nd and 3rd goals.

Let's be honest if the league (apart from Liverpool) wasn't so low in quality United wouldn't be near 4th. Everton away a tough one especially off the back of a very important European game on Thursday night.

screenexile

So Utd lose £70m last season... are £400m in debt... but they will qualify for the CL in 5th place because City who have no debt are banned???

It's a funny old game!!

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on February 26, 2020, 11:13:46 AM
So Utd lose £70m last season... are £400m in debt... but they will qualify for the CL in 5th place because City who have no debt are banned???

It's a funny old game!!

But they aren't/weren't cheating.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'