Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Ajer has errors in him too, far to many for my liking and after seeing Jullien crapping himself last night because he was getting his feathers ruffled was scary for us fans. So to blame it all on Simunovic is a bit unfair. Four signings...WOW, need two Centre halves and a left back, could we convert either Frimpong or Hatem Abd Elhamed to left back and keep the other for right back. We need another striker and a very good defensive midfielder. I'm afraid S Brown won't have too many more seasons left in him
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

themac_23

Poor performance from manager and players, it happens. We lick our wounds and go again still 2 trophies to go for, just disappointing knowing we got a draw that we could actually win for once and Copenhagen got a favourable draw in last 16 but hey the show goes on. Hopefully the players and Lenny learn from it and we can drive on to another treble, Sunday is a massive game, we seem to bounce back well after defeats this season so let's do it again

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on February 28, 2020, 03:18:38 PM
Ajer has errors in him too, far to many for my liking and after seeing Jullien crapping himself last night because he was getting his feathers ruffled was scary for us fans. So to blame it all on Simunovic is a bit unfair. Four signings...WOW, need two Centre halves and a left back, could be convert either Frimpong or Hatem Abd Elhamed to left back and keep the other for fight back. We need another striker and a very good defensive midfielder. I'm afraid S Brown won't have too many more seasons left in him
While you have your wishlist out, a  CM playmaker wouldn't go amiss along with a corner kick coach.

Last night Ajer was supposed to play the impossible,  a Beckenbauer role  along the right wing  so I'd give him a pass.

illdecide

How ill today go after Thursday night? Two ways i suppose...Play with fear like we did on Thursday night and get humped again or as NL said with some anger and rip them up. St Johnstone will be tough at home but surely after Thurday night and Sevco yesterday we can lift ourselves for this cup match today...Team selection today is...

Forster
Bitton
Jullien
Ajer
Brown
Forrest
Christie
McGregor
Taylor
Griffiths
Edouard

So Simunovic, Rogic & Elhamed drop out with Bitton, Griff & Christie in...Jasus Bolingoli isn't even in the squad and Frimpong hasn't been brought back in from injury

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on March 01, 2020, 02:03:45 PM
How ill today go after Thursday night? Two ways i suppose...Play with fear like we did on Thursday night and get humped again or as NL said with some anger and rip them up. St Johnstone will be tough at home but surely after Thurday night and Sevco yesterday we can lift ourselves for this cup match today...Team selection today is...

Forster
Bitton
Jullien
Ajer
Brown
Forrest
Christie
McGregor
Taylor
Griffiths
Edouard

So Simunovic, Rogic & Elhamed drop out with Bitton, Griff & Christie in...Jasus Bolingoli isn't even in the squad and Frimpong hasn't been brought back in from injury

Jullien, Brown, Mc Gregor and Forrest must play every game for Celtic.  Lennon never seems to give them a break at all.  WTF?

illdecide

J Hayes is a much better option at LB than Taylor, sorry but that young fella is not good enough for Celtic

clarshack

Job done today. Result is all that mattered after Thursday night.

Targetman

Irrespective of opposition and standard of football thats always mentioned by the anti Celtic brigade, 34 cup wins in a row is some achievement, hope to God we can make it 36!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Targetman on March 01, 2020, 07:53:36 PM
Irrespective of opposition and standard of football thats always mentioned by the anti Celtic brigade, 34 Domestic cup GAME wins in a row is some achievement, hope to God we can make it 36!!

Yes, hope we can make it 36!

tyroneman

What's the story with Frimpong..on the bench last 2 games..is it injury, attitude or paying the price for a quiet first game v Copenhagen (galling some other 'favorites' NEVER pay any sort of price for being dung on Lennon's watch)?

Applesisapples

Quote from: illdecide on March 01, 2020, 05:45:01 PM
J Hayes is a much better option at LB than Taylor, sorry but that young fella is not good enough for Celtic
Was thinking that as I watched yesterday and again Lennon left it too late to bring Hayes on.

Main Street

Taylor is a featherweight, he never should have beeen picked  v Copenhagen.

trailer

https://www.channel4.com/news/a-club-like-no-other-investigation-into-historic-child-abuse-at-celtic-boys-club

There appears to be a paedophile ring operating. I think 9 coaches have been identified by Channel 4's Alex Thompson

Main Street

Quote from: trailer on March 04, 2020, 09:33:40 AM
https://www.channel4.com/news/a-club-like-no-other-investigation-into-historic-child-abuse-at-celtic-boys-club

There appears to be a paedophile ring operating. I think 9 coaches have been identified by Channel 4's Alex Thompson
The Celtic abuse case is historic not current, 4 paedophile coaches/employees (found guilty in the courts),  abuse cases which Celtic fc have tried to distance themselves from on the basis of a technical legal cop out.
Abuse allegations as were made in the 1980s were supposedly investigated by Celtic fc at that time and found to have no case to answer.

What the abused want now is Celtic fc to take responsibility for what happenned at the Celtic Boys Club.

ned

Quote from: Main Street on March 04, 2020, 01:38:28 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 04, 2020, 09:33:40 AM

The Celtic abuse case is historic not current, 4 paedophile coaches/employees (found guilty in the courts),  abuse cases which Celtic fc have tried to distance themselves from on the basis of a technical legal cop out.
Abuse allegations as were made in the 1980s were supposedly investigated by Celtic fc at that time and found to have no case to answer.

What the abused want now is Celtic fc to take responsibility for what happenned at the Celtic Boys Club.

Celtic commissioned an independent inquiry which is ongoing. So not sure what they have been advised legally to say or not to say. Celtic have questions to answer and morally have a responsibility at least. Unfortunately, individuals in the past put personal, and perhaps Celtic's reputation, before that of the victims.