Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

That's four absolutely pathetic performances in big games now from Lennon and Celtic - Cluj at home, the huns in the cup final and at CP and tonight.

Absolutely pathetic, I think tonight shows that when Edouard is not on his game how limited Celtic look.

Ajer and Simunovic were bombscares tongiht. Taylor was woeful, what on earth does James Forrest offer? He butchered about 8 great openings in the first leg and all he did tonight was put his head down and run into blind alleys.

Lennon has absolutely flogged Callum McGregor to death, the guy looked like he was running in quicksand tonight. We've had Rogic warming the bench all season and he's thrown into a massive game tonight ring rusty, while McGregor on the other hand is running on fumes. We've a big squad but if the likes of Forrest, Brown, McGregor, Edouard etc are fit they pretty much start regardless of form or fatigue. There's plenty of lads there who have been fit and available but Lennon won't afford them opportunities.

Shved is a strange, one when you think how bad Forrest has been you have to question why he's not getting a go? In the limited chances he has been given he has looked decent, surely he's worth a run out on the pitch when the guy occupying the jersey has been in dreadful form of late.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Main Street

It was strange to play without a proper right back and Taylor at LB is light weight, even Jonny is a much better option just based on toughness alone.
Defensive mistakes were just a part of that shambles. There was ineptness  at midfield and upfront, the only good move Ed made was the penalty. I'd absolve Rogic though, evidently rusty and few games away from match sharp  did do his honest best.

illdecide

I thought Rogic done rightly tonight, I know he gave the ball away in midfield that led to them scoring but the defence didn't deal with it either. Defence was brutal, i'm sorry but Taylor is nowhere near good enough, Ajer makes too many mistakes and Simunovic was like a Rabbit caught in the headlights...really bad. I agree J Forrest is the most frustrating player where u actually think at times he couldn't care less. On McGregor, was ok in first half and was poor second half but has been good for Celtic all season so maybe a bit unfair there. I agree about Shved and there's one or two around the Reserve team that could def step up.
One other thing (and not defending Lennon here) Brendan white teeth didn't have a good record in Europe (in fact it was brutal) and i was at a few of his horror shows but didn't get half of the calls for the chop...I don't get that
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

clarshack

Quote from: Angelo on February 27, 2020, 11:06:03 PM
That's four absolutely pathetic performances in big games now from Lennon and Celtic - Cluj at home, the huns in the cup final and at CP and tonight.

Absolutely pathetic, I think tonight shows that when Edouard is not on his game how limited Celtic look.

Ajer and Simunovic were bombscares tongiht. Taylor was woeful, what on earth does James Forrest offer? He butchered about 8 great openings in the first leg and all he did tonight was put his head down and run into blind alleys.

Lennon has absolutely flogged Callum McGregor to death, the guy looked like he was running in quicksand tonight. We've had Rogic warming the bench all season and he's thrown into a massive game tonight ring rusty, while McGregor on the other hand is running on fumes. We've a big squad but if the likes of Forrest, Brown, McGregor, Edouard etc are fit they pretty much start regardless of form or fatigue. There's plenty of lads there who have been fit and available but Lennon won't afford them opportunities.

Shved is a strange, one when you think how bad Forrest has been you have to question why he's not getting a go? In the limited chances he has been given he has looked decent, surely he's worth a run out on the pitch when the guy occupying the jersey has been in dreadful form of late.

Hard to argue with any of that tbh.

RadioGAAGAA

I actually thought Taylor did all right given the clown he had inside him and the "service" from midfield.

The usual problem of not being big enough.

But they really missed having two CBs that could comfortably step out into midfield and add an extra body to the attack. McGregor constantly (and worse, most of the time it was needless) played back to them putting them in trouble and seeing they were clearly uncomfortable with the ball at their feet that encouraged Copenhagen to go after them.
i usse an speelchekor

lenny

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 28, 2020, 08:28:18 AM
I actually thought Taylor did all right given the clown he had inside him and the "service" from midfield.

The usual problem of not being big enough.

But they really missed having two CBs that could comfortably step out into midfield and add an extra body to the attack. McGregor constantly (and worse, most of the time it was needless) played back to them putting them in trouble and seeing they were clearly uncomfortable with the ball at their feet that encouraged Copenhagen to go after them.

Brown was actually far worse for giving the ball back to the centre backs and his passing was atrocious. he didn't look match fit. None of the celtic players came out of that game with credit.

illdecide

Jasus lads now the dust has settled a bit it's a hard one to take, I was in bad form last night after that crap. There really was no positives to take from last night at all, Jasus where do we go from here?. Just hope we can get up for Cup match on Sunday away in Perth as that'll not be easy. If Tommy Wright had any sense he'd put a big man in at centre forward and get him to throw his weight about at Jullien, did you see how intimidated he was by N'Doye over the two legs. N'Doye kept leaving a shoulder or boot in every time whether he was getting the ball or not and it had Jullien rattled. Slippy G will no doubt have seen that last night and will get Kamberi to do the same who will relish that tussle.

Dire Ear

How good would Celtic be if they had a good manager?

illdecide

Quote from: Dire Ear on February 28, 2020, 10:11:22 AM
How good would Celtic be if they had a good manager?

Lol...they had one 13 months ago

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on February 28, 2020, 09:40:30 AM
Jasus lads now the dust has settled a bit it's a hard one to take, I was in bad form last night after that crap. There really was no positives to take from last night at all, Jasus where do we go from here?. Just hope we can get up for Cup match on Sunday away in Perth as that'll not be easy. If Tommy Wright had any sense he'd put a big man in at centre forward and get him to throw his weight about at Jullien, did you see how intimidated he was by N'Doye over the two legs. N'Doye kept leaving a shoulder or boot in every time whether he was getting the ball or not and it had Jullien rattled. Slippy G will no doubt have seen that last night and will get Kamberi to do the same who will relish that tussle.
Bobo in his prime would not have stood for any that nonsense.

toby47

If Celtic could sign 4 players this summer what would you pick? You can give positions or names.

Elyounoussi & Forster count as signings by the way so could pick them two plus 2 others.

Applesisapples

Neil Lennon is not up to the job period. selection last night was poor, simunovic should have been off long before the goal. Also the game needed to be kept tight and was poorly managed.

straightred

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 28, 2020, 11:40:42 AM
Neil Lennon is not up to the job period. selection last night was poor, simunovic should have been off long before the goal. Also the game needed to be kept tight and was poorly managed.

Was at it last night. When I saw the team i feared the worst. Last time we started with 1 up front we get well beaten by rangers. He then changed to 2 and went on a great run. Last night, at home in front of 60,000 in a game were we had the advantage he goes conservative and hands the initiative to copenhagan. Unforgivable. No doubt he revert to 2 at he weekend and win and hope we all forget about it. Last night was a great opporuntity to make a statement but he blew it. yes, lots of players underperformed but it starts with the manager.

uimhr ocht

Sumunovic really was shocking always a mistake in him,we seem to make individual blunders like boyata,ambrose,did also in the past in europe.

Main Street

Simunovic's blunders were similar to Ambrose v Juventus, however Ambrose had the excuse of having just participated in and winning the ACON with Nigeria and  undergoing an immediate 18 hour return flight to Glasgow, arriving on the day of the game.