Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thebigdog

Joe Brolly on the money again! Mickey Harte is holding Tyrone back. Monaghan players need to dry their eyes. No mention of the homophobic remarks regarding Cathal mccarron. Sure that was great craic wasn't it? The two Wylie's shouldn't be aloud to play Gaelic football lol

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Thebigdog on September 10, 2018, 01:38:57 PM
Joe Brolly on the money again! Mickey Harte is holding Tyrone back. Monaghan players need to dry their eyes. No mention of the homophobic remarks regarding Cathal mccarron. Sure that was great craic wasn't it? The two Wylie's shouldn't be aloud to play Gaelic football lol

Jesus

tyrone08

I am curious to know myself. I am 100% certin that cathal would hsve gotten a lot of abuse on thr football pitch. Drew has a right to be upset but only if he has never sledged anyone himself before. If he has then he shouldnt be complaining.

While brolly is  a muppet it is difficult to argue with him. I myself thought harte should have walked away with a great rep around 20011/2012. I do think he is past it  and for me he is only damaging his rep the longer he stays. Just my opinon but think Tyrone will bd a better team a few years after he steps down.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 10, 2018, 01:32:57 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 10, 2018, 01:29:13 PM
not sure if he can be named on a public forum? in case there happened to be a gardai investigation or court proceeding? maybe the mods could clarify. I could pm anyone who wanted it and hasn't insulted me in the past. should be a short list.lol

Go on then, pm me. I have a suspicion who it is but curious to know.

Lets try this,

Can you tell me which player played well against Monaghan??? Breaking no rules by naming a man here :)

omagh_gael

Quote from: Thebigdog on September 10, 2018, 01:38:57 PM

Holy sweet f**k.

southtyronegael

jim bob. I have no intention of pm-ing you so you can guess away at the name. looks like your outside the loop on this one. and yeah im trying hard to be more like mickey and uphold my Christian values on forgiveness.  ;)

BennyHarp

It really is a new breed of weasel who tries to garner internet friends by sending around defamatory private messages about players from the county he supposedly supports. WTF is wrong with people? At the minute these rumours are nothing only just that. The Wylies are big boys and can dish it out and take it. If something really bad was said I'm sure the Wylies themselves are big enough to deal with it in any way they see fit and I'm pretty sure they'd want no part in a pathetic whispering campaign by a bunch of internet crusaders. It's made all the more depressing when it's Tyrone lads doing the whispering against one of their own.
That was never a square ball!!

Therealdonald

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 10, 2018, 11:39:19 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 10, 2018, 11:24:04 PM
It really is a new breed of weasel who tries to garner internet friends by sending around defamatory private messages about players from the county he supposedly supports. WTF is wrong with people? At the minute these rumours are nothing only just that. The Wylies are big boys and can dish it out and take it. If something really bad was said I'm sure the Wylies themselves are big enough to deal with it in any way they see fit and I'm pretty sure they'd want no part in a pathetic whispering campaign by a bunch of internet crusaders. It's made all the more depressing when it's Tyrone lads doing the whispering against one of their own.
If the Wylie's were dark skinned and were being subjected to racist abuse instead, would it be ok to simply brush it off as "big boys (that) can dish it out and take it"? I'd doubt it.

Sledging happens in lots of games, and it will never go away. However there are some lines that should not be crossed and I'd include in that sectarianism, racism and exploiting personal tragedies (for example the recent death of a close family member or friend). Anyone engaging in shite like that is a sc**bag and deserves to be called out on it.

I'm not so sure. Deaths are definitely a no-go. Anything else but is fair game.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 11, 2018, 12:18:06 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on September 10, 2018, 11:56:51 PM
OK, so if in the near future Tyrone are playing Derry with Callum Brown lining out for them, and during the game a Tyrone player comes up to him at tells him to "get your coon nigger arse back to Africa", is that fair game?

Whoa, put your eyeballs back in. Didn't see where you specifically mentioned racism, but no it wouldn't be acceptable.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 10, 2018, 11:39:19 PM
If the Wylie's were dark skinned and were being subjected to racist abuse instead, would it be ok to simply brush it off as "big boys (that) can dish it out and take it"? I'd doubt it.

Sledging happens in lots of games, and it will never go away. However there are some lines that should not be crossed and I'd include in that sectarianism, racism and exploiting personal tragedies (for example the recent death of a close family member or friend). Anyone engaging in shite like that is a sc**bag and deserves to be called out on it.

Ah right, so the way we deal with things in this county is, before any shred of evidence that the incident actually occurred, we start a whispering campaign on an online forum where, a fairly dubious, (to say the least) anonymous poster private messages everyone the name of a person so we can all sit in judgement. F**king wise up Fionntamhach, I thought you had more sense. IF this ever comes to light and he is proven guilty then we can take action, but until then I'll leave my pitchfork in the shed and won't be joining the vigilante group led by Southtyronegael.

Localexpert

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 11, 2018, 12:18:06 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on September 10, 2018, 11:56:51 PM
OK, so if in the near future Tyrone are playing Derry with Callum Brown lining out for them, and during the game a Tyrone player comes up to him at tells him to "get your coon nigger arse back to Africa", is that fair game?

Wow that escalated quickly.  Like the scene out of sacha baron Cohen's recent show who is America.

GaaFanatic123

f**k off Bennyharp, there's no room for Sectarian abuse in our national sport! Catch yourself on!!

BennyHarp

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 11, 2018, 08:12:44 AM

f**k off Bennyharp, there's no room for Sectarian abuse in our national sport! Catch yourself on!!

And you know for sure it definitely happened? Where did I say sectarian abuse was ok? My point was, if and when it comes out we can comment then - I'm sure the Wylies are big enough to decide if it was an issue that needs to be made public. Forgive me for being old school here, but i'll wait until the actual facts are available before condemning people rather than through a private messaging campaign started via a faceless internet troll.

southtyronegael

I spend a bit of time around Monaghan, and had heard the rumours after the game. Last weekend I was chatting to one of the Monaghan players who I've known a long time and trust. So I asked him and he told me and I believe him. The Wylie brothers are quiet, private lads so I doubt they will ever make it public. Which will be convenient for bennyharp and his like to brush it under the carpet and blame it on 'faceless internet trolls' starting rumours.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 11, 2018, 08:37:41 AM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 11, 2018, 08:12:44 AM

Im not sayin weather it was done or not, you are hypa

And you know for sure it definitely happened? Where did I say sectarian abuse was ok? My point was, if and when it comes out we can comment then - I'm sure the Wylies are big enough to decide if it was an issue that needs to be made public. Forgive me for being old school here, but i'll wait until the actual facts are available before condemning people rather than through a private messaging campaign started via a faceless internet troll.

Im not arguing if it was said or not, this isnt my point, but you said they are "big boys and can dish it out and take it" 
Weather or not you can take it isnt the point, its the fact its brought into the game and its biggoted behavior and sooner or later (and has been the case before) someone wont take the sectarian abuse and will just quit the sport for another, weather you can take it or not, it just should never be said...