Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: GlenMan on February 07, 2018, 01:46:42 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on February 07, 2018, 01:40:32 PM
What's up with David Mulgrew?

He had surgery on his shoulder

Out for long?  Mulgrew seems to have had a few shoulder problems over the past couple of years.

omagh_gael

Cheers GlenMan. Any idea when he had surgery or when we may see him back?

Haven't had a chance to post properly since the Dublin game but I believe it wasn't a bad showing. There was enough change in emphasis for me to take notice with the long early ball going into McAliskey and Brennan. We had more presence and support around the HF line and some excellent support runs breaking through the Dubs HB line. Obviously, the shooting in the 2nd half let us down a bagful but that will improve significantly as the pitches harden and weather calms down a bit. Put it like like this, the Dubs didn't hit a wide in the second half compared to our horror show. There is a gap there that can be worked on.

The second goal for Dublin was totally Hampsey's fault. Some here are giving Morgan stick for being out there but he was doing the right thing. Dublin had a full press on so Morgan came out for the 1-2 to create the extra man. If the ball went to his chest he had a clear run out to the HB line.

If you get a chance listen to the second half of the GAA hour podcast, Wooly and Cian Ward gave a very good analysis of the game.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 07, 2018, 04:10:15 PM

Haven't had a chance to post properly since the Dublin game but I believe it wasn't a bad showing. There was enough change in emphasis for me to take notice with the long early ball going into McAliskey and Brennan. We had more presence and support around the HF line and some excellent support runs breaking through the Dubs HB line. Obviously, the shooting in the 2nd half let us down a bagful but that will improve significantly as the pitches harden and weather calms down a bit. Put it like like this, the Dubs didn't hit a wide in the second half compared to our horror show. There is a gap there that can be worked on.

The second goal for Dublin was totally Hampsey's fault. Some here are giving Morgan stick for being out there but he was doing the right thing. Dublin had a full press on so Morgan came out for the 1-2 to create the extra man. If the ball went to his chest he had a clear run out to the HB line.

If you get a chance listen to the second half of the GAA hour podcast, Wooly and Cian Ward gave a very good analysis of the game.

Think this is one of these times when people are happy to blame a player they seem to have a dislike for, rather than the actual truth of the matter here.

In hiding

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 07, 2018, 05:45:44 PM

Think this is one of these times when people are happy to blame a player they seem to have a dislike for, rather than the actual truth of the matter here.

In your opinion what is the truth of the matter.
In my opinion Hampsey was at fault. He gave a poor handpass, end of story. It was a mistake , not a hanging offence

trileacman

Quote from: In hiding on February 07, 2018, 06:54:08 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 07, 2018, 05:45:44 PM

In your opinion what is the truth of the matter.
In my opinion Hampsey was at fault. He gave a poor handpass, end of story. It was a mistake , not a hanging offence

I think he means people like to kick Morgan around. I don't think he means no one likes hampsey.

I would blame hampsey for it too. Morgan was doing the right thing, it was just a tired hand pass. I'm very disappointed with how we tired in the last 20 mins. Richie, matty,Mc Laughlin,  Pete, hampsey, Mc Carron and Mc Clure all looked fucked after 50 mins and I think it contributed to the wides at that time of the match. Tired minds making mistakes. Dublin are incredibly fit. I don't think people realise the gap in fitness between them and the next Top 3 teams. It is frankly un-natural. Bear in mind there's a serious difference in fitness between the top 8 teams and the rest of the country.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

southtyronegael

i dont think dublin are much ahead of everyone else fitness wise. just better coached. makes them look fitter cause they are so slick and enjoying their football, gives them a spring in their step. tyrone were on their 6th game of the year and dublin their second, so how could dublin be so much fitter than tyrone in the last 20 mins?

ose 14

the fitness thing only becomes a big issue in the last 15 minutes when a team has to do a lot of chasing, and unfortunately tyrones lovely direct football in first half was more to do with the wind than anything else.  the coaching set up has had that much stick they eventually caved to a change. second half different story tyrone back to the sideways shite as they havent the ballers to kick it long when pressed nor the stomach to break lines. once dublin started soring easily in the second half and the difference in class became more apparent heads dropped and the panic set in. pyschologically the heads go down, the damage from the annihilation in the summer is imbedded in the psyche of this group. i would have thought any team that got roasted in croker the way tyrone did in he summer woud need 7 changes at least. it must be quite demoralising for us all to think that mickey  has been hammering for 3 months and the dubs have been back 3 weeks.

bigpackiechestout

What team would we like to see for Sunday? I'm going for the following

Morgan (Could be O'Neill due to rotation)

McLaughlin         McCarron          McKernan

McCann              Hampsey          Harte

M Donnelly           McClure

R Donnelly          Sludden            McShane

Lee Brennan        McAliskey         Bradley

I think McLauglin did enough last week to earn another start with a few great tackles. Also think McKernan did well when he came on and is definitely worth persevering with. I read that McNamee has been struggling with flu and after playing Sigerson midweek could probably do with a rest.

I noticed McClure had strapping on his knee when he came off last week, was this the reason for his withdrawal? He had been getting himself into great positions although his shooting obviously let him down.

Richy Donnelly deserves a run of a few games i think. They way he plays with his head up and looks for the pass into the full forward line would definitely help us develop a new style of play even though some of these didn't come off last week. Also thought he did some great defensive work v Dublin.

Hoping to see a more attacking player brought in for Aiden McCrory. McShane spent very little time actually in at full forward last week and mostly operated around the middle so I've lined him out at wing forward and brought in Bradley. Think we could use Bradley in a similar role to the one he played in 2015 and where he currently plays for Jordanstown, in front of the full forward line playmaking and popping up with scores.

This would leave a full forward line of Skeet and Lee. Mindful that this would be Lee's 4th game in under two weeks between Sigerson and Tyrone although if he is fit I'm sure Mickey will be keen to give him another go after last week.

I realise the attacking extent of this side is maybe a bit extreme for Mickey's tastes and it's more likely we will see a Kieran McGeary or Ronan McNabb in for McCrory but the above is what I would like to see

sensethetone

Did T McCann come of injured vs Dublin?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on February 08, 2018, 12:12:30 PM

I think McLauglin did enough last week to earn another start with a few great tackles. Also think McKernan did well when he came on and is definitely worth persevering with. I read that McNamee has been struggling with flu and after playing Sigerson midweek could probably do with a rest.

I noticed McClure had strapping on his knee when he came off last week, was this the reason for his withdrawal? He had been getting himself into great positions although his shooting obviously let him down.

Richy Donnelly deserves a run of a few games i think. They way he plays with his head up and looks for the pass into the full forward line would definitely help us develop a new style of play even though some of these didn't come off last week. Also thought he did some great defensive work v Dublin.

Hoping to see a more attacking player brought in for Aiden McCrory. McShane spent very little time actually in at full forward last week and mostly operated around the middle so I've lined him out at wing forward and brought in Bradley. Think we could use Bradley in a similar role to the one he played in 2015 and where he currently plays for Jordanstown, in front of the full forward line playmaking and popping up with scores.

This would leave a full forward line of Skeet and Lee. Mindful that this would be Lee's 4th game in under two weeks between Sigerson and Tyrone although if he is fit I'm sure Mickey will be keen to give him another go after last week.

I realise the attacking extent of this side is maybe a bit extreme for Mickey's tastes and it's more likely we will see a Kieran McGeary or Ronan McNabb in for McCrory but the above is what I would like to see

C. Cavanagh is back available I think unless he's over celebrated and maybe Harry Loughran will get a bit of game time after all his championship goals he may be worth a game or 2.
Living the dream!!!

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 08, 2018, 01:58:05 PM

C. Cavanagh is back available I think unless he's over celebrated and maybe Harry Loughran will get a bit of game time after all his championship goals he may be worth a game or 2.

I was listening to Colm Cav on Newstalk last night, he is struggling with the flu at the minute and indicated that this weekend might come to early for him. Agree Harry Loughran will probably get a game or two at some stage but I don't expect it to be this weekend

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on February 08, 2018, 02:13:19 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 08, 2018, 01:58:05 PM

I was listening to Colm Cav on Newstalk last night, he is struggling with the flu at the minute and indicated that this weekend might come to early for him. Agree Harry Loughran will probably get a game or two at some stage but I don't expect it to be this weekend

Ah yes, the old flu one.

Used it the odd Monday back in the day myself.

Dire Ear

Moys players should be given a few weeks off,  if Tyrone can't stay in Div 1 without them--so be it

The Trap

We were much better when the team was named on a Thursday night!

GlenMan

Niall Morgan; Hugh Pat McGeary, Padraig Hampsey, Cathal McCarron; Tiarnan McCann, Rory Brennan, Ciaran McLaughlin; Mattie Donnelly, Declan McClure; Conor Meyler, Niall Sludden, Peter Harte; Lee Brennan, Cathal McShane, Connor McAliskey.