Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Never have I seen such a shambles. Even the last days of the Cowen FF/Green Government is now seen as a period of enlightenment compared to these UK eejits.

What topped it all off for me today was that gom Mark Francois.

Getting ratty with a Sky News reporter he bellows "I was in the army"

The bollox was in the Territorial  Army - basically the UK version of the f**king FCA.

Who votes for these pricks?

And then, to drop my  jaw further, I tuned into Nolan on BBC1 Norn Iron..........who was the gobshite with the red hat on the panel? He looked deranged.

Solo_run

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 13, 2019, 11:49:50 PM
Never have I seen such a shambles. Even the last days of the Cowen FF/Green Government is now seen as a period of enlightenment compared to these UK eejits.

What topped it all off for me today was that gom Mark Francois.

Getting ratty with a Sky News reporter he bellows "I was in the army"

The bollox was in the Territorial  Army - basically the UK version of the f**king FCA.

Who votes for these pricks?

And then, to drop my  jaw further, I tuned into Nolan on BBC1 Norn Iron..........who was the gobshite with the red hat on the panel? He looked deranged.
[/b]

Just shows how cuckoo they are when it comes to politics.

Harold Disgracey

No idea who he was but the general consensus is he's a twat, to put it politely.

Solo_run

Only briefly watched it but a very fair panel as usual. 3 Euro haters and 1 with common sense

nrico2006

What is likely to happen next - an extension or referendum?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jell 0 Biafra

An extenderendum.

lenny

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 14, 2019, 12:50:45 AM
What is likely to happen next - an extension or referendum?

There are 3 options.
1. Mays deal is presented again and passes this time because erg and dup get scared that brexit won't happen. A short extension is agreed to pass the legislation.
2. Mays deal is not passed and a long extension of 2 years is agreed with eu. In that time there would be a referendum or a general election.
3. The eu fail to agree any kind of extension because some of the right sing leaders veto it. In this case we fall into no deal by accident.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: lenny on March 14, 2019, 07:26:34 AM
3. The eu fail to agree any kind of extension because some of the right sing leaders veto it. In this case we fall into no deal by accident.

In that instance, would the only way to satisfy the motion passed yesterday be to revoke Art. 50 and then start it again at a later date - when they've actually done due diligence?
i usse an speelchekor

Farrandeelin

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 14, 2019, 09:26:48 AM

In that instance, would the only way to satisfy the motion passed yesterday be to revoke Art. 50 and then start it again at a later date - when they've actually done due diligence?

Does May have to get that through the House of Commons? To revoke Article 50?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

weareros

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 14, 2019, 10:00:12 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 14, 2019, 09:26:48 AM

Does May have to get that through the House of Commons? To revoke Article 50?

Yes an Act of Parliament required, so no guarantee that would pass.

Solo_run

Everything other than the backstop has been agreed hasn't it? So why would an extension be needed - other than to resolve the backstop which they have had months to do.

HiMucker

It looks like there may be a bit of climb down by the DUP judging by a couple of statements today.

Hereiam

What worries me is what have the DUP got in terms of concessions for backing this deal.
I would say they have the governments word that there will be no border poll
A get out for RHI nama etc etc
Promises that protestant communities will continue to receive more than their fair share of grant money etc etc.

yellowcard

Quote from: HiMucker on March 14, 2019, 12:58:12 PM
It looks like there may be a bit of climb down by the DUP judging by a couple of statements today.

May's deal looks almost inevitable now at this stage and Arlene Foster has now indicated that they were only ever likely to do business at the 11th hour. If and when they sign up the ERG will likely follow otherwise they are getting a much softer Brexit or no Brexit at all.

armaghniac

Quote from: Hereiam on March 14, 2019, 01:06:38 PM
What worries me is what have the DUP got in terms of concessions for backing this deal.
I would say they have the governments word that there will be no border poll

If there is a backstop then there is the Secretary of State can plausibly say that there does not appear to be a majority in favour of a UI. Of course this is not really a gain for the DUP as if there had been no Brexit a border poll would not be seen as a current thing.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B