Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOptimist

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 13, 2019, 01:23:23 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 13, 2019, 01:18:17 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 13, 2019, 01:16:24 PM
Anyone else's insurance telling them they won't be covered if they drive to the South in the event of a no deal? I've been told I need to apply for a green card for every single trip, and that it takes a few weeks to get one through.
Renewed my insurance recently with Tesco, they sent us this in letter form to say we're covered in this eventuality.

Seems I need a new insurance company in that case.

Applied for one with my insurance company to cover all trips on Saturday. It arrived yesterday

screenexile

Quote from: TheOptimist on March 13, 2019, 01:37:19 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 13, 2019, 01:23:23 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 13, 2019, 01:18:17 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 13, 2019, 01:16:24 PM
Anyone else's insurance telling them they won't be covered if they drive to the South in the event of a no deal? I've been told I need to apply for a green card for every single trip, and that it takes a few weeks to get one through.
Renewed my insurance recently with Tesco, they sent us this in letter form to say we're covered in this eventuality.

Seems I need a new insurance company in that case.

Applied for one with my insurance company to cover all trips on Saturday. It arrived yesterday

Axa NI Have advised the following . . .

QuoteDon't panic, your Green Card is on its way.
In the event of a 'No Deal' Brexit, all direct car and van customers will automatically receive a Green Card by post, free of charge. You do not have to do anything to get a Green Card.

scout

Funny, I'm AXA & have heard nothing?

screenexile

Boycey

I'm on the south and got a green card in the post this morning from Liberty insurance, I hadn't even looked into it..

armaghniac

Quote from: Boycey on March 13, 2019, 02:28:55 PM
I'm on the south and got a green card in the post this morning from Liberty insurance, I hadn't even looked into it..

some companies are sending cards to people in border counties first.

In any case, a green card will not be needed on the island
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/driving-cross-border-and-green-card
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

Quote from: armaghniac on March 13, 2019, 02:50:42 PM
Quote from: Boycey on March 13, 2019, 02:28:55 PM

some companies are sending cards to people in border counties first.

With Hughes Ins and they said the will send them once it's confirmed they are defo needed. Rang Post Office and they were a bit wha? When you going to France. Had to explain Brexit, Ireland, Border, these cows small, those cows far away.

Hardy

Another of these:

UK to EU: So, we have voted to leave
EU to OK: That's a shame, OK what are your proposals?

We don't have any, we're leaving.
- Yes, but what about the Good Friday Agreement and the Northern Irish border?

Eh?
- It's an international treaty you signed, remember? Look, tell you what, why doesn't NI stay in the Customs Union, job done.

NEVER! You're not splitting the UK up.
- OK what do you propose?

Why are you being intransigent?
- What? OK look, we need to sort this and you haven't proposed anything, what about the whole of the UK staying in the Customs Union?

NEVER!
- FFS what then? This is your mess, tell us what you actually want.

Why are you being intransigent?
- Will you please just tell us what you want.

OK if you're going to be like that, we want a backstop added to the Withdrawal Agreement.
- Finally, yes OK, that's fine. But remember this is your idea. Shall we sign the Withdrawal Agreement off? Once we've done that we cannot reopen it in the time left.

Yes, sign it off.
- Done.

Ummm, we couldn't get it through parliament so we need to reopen the withdrawal agreement and change the backstop.
- We said we wouldn't do that, but OK we might be able to do something. We're listening, what do you want to change it to?

Alternative arrangements.
- What?

Alternative arrangements.
- What the actual f**k is that?

Don't know, just something different.
- Look, the backstop was your idea. We reluctantly agreed. Now you don't want it anymore and instead want it changed to something that doesn't exist?

Why are you being so intransigent?
- It literally does not exist, what don't you understand about that?

Stop bullying us. How about having a backstop that isn't a backstop?
- Oh f**k the f**k off you absolute idiots!

weareros

Have the UK played their first good hand with the tariffs? Sean Whelan has a good piece on RTE detailing that it is designed to apply maximum pressure on Irish gov, in that they will get it on the home front (farmers) and other EU countries worried for their industry might also ask us to consider climbing down on the backstop.

Rossfan

The Brits want to weaken the backstop by making the 6 Cos different to Great Britain ::)
You couldn't make it up.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

Quote from: weareros on March 13, 2019, 04:37:42 PM
Have the UK played their first good hand with the tariffs? Sean Whelan has a good piece on RTE detailing that it is designed to apply maximum pressure on Irish gov, in that they will get it on the home front (farmers) and other EU countries worried for their industry might also ask us to consider climbing down on the backstop.

I'd have no doubt that the ERG will be very keen to give the Irish a bloody nose since the 6 counties are the major impediment to the form of Brexit that they want yet can't deliver due to the backstop. 

Solo_run

This shitstorm is getting stronger

mouview

There'll be one last go at the withdrawal agreement, MV3. It *could* still carry.

yellowcard

Bad night for the Brexiteers and ERG, more chaos for the government.

mouview

All round to Jacob Rees Mogg's for champagne.