The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: ross4life on February 10, 2011, 03:15:35 PM
WW 30 will be New york so Toronto may get 29 though New Orleans is also in the running

The Orton,Cena,HHH hugging the limelight at Wrestlemania's is tiresome those guys would be nothing more than mid carders in the 80s

Miami is a good location & i'm sure the one's the goes will also do TNA in Orlando.

Ha?  Don't know about that.  They are where they are because of how over they are.  The WWE do not aim to please 'smart fans'.  There is a reason the likes of those three are main eventing in WWE.  Like it or not WWE need Triple H at Wrestlemania, the card is slim enough as it is having lost HBK, Jericho and Batista within the last year.

ross4life

Everyone know's why HHH is at the top what if he didn't marry steph? Cena is a great PR for WWE that was pushed by HHH & co... as for Orton he's had many title's now & everytime he had them the ratings dropped, maybe I'm bit old school when i seen the likes of Mr perfect,Rick Rude (better talent) not winning any world titles

I agree alot of big names missing making the roster weak but it's time to push the young talent & they can do it with HHH,Cena jobbing at mania.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Galwaybhoy

Triple H was a multiple time world champion before he ever married Steph.  He would have made it to the top regardless.  I'm not saying being married to the bosses daughter dosen't have its perks but he had enough talent anyway.

I know John Cena is not everybodys cup of tea (I personally like him) but Cena is the biggest draw in the WWE right now.  He got over with his rap gimmick and he is talented on the mic which is probably more important than in ring skills.  John Cena is also not a bad wrestler despite what some people say, granted he might not be able to carry the likes of Khali etc but put him in the ring with a competant wrestler and he can put on a good show.

Orton bores me lately but there is no denying he is over.

I agree with WWEs reluctance to push young talent over the last few years is now the reason for a weaker than normal roster at the present time.  But they are rectifying this.  In the last year or so we have seen Sheamus, Wade Barrett, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, ADR etc pushed. We also have the likes of CM Punk (everything he touches turns to gold), John Morrisson and DBD who are doing well.

WWE have no choice but to push younger talent.  I'd say in the next two years we could see the last of Triple H, Taker, Rey Rey, Kane and Edge who are not getting any younger.

ross4life

If my memory serves me right HHH had only one world title to his name before dating steph? anyways today he's one of the main bookers with too much power backstage

Don't get me wrong Cena is a decent Wrestler with good mic skills but he needs to job more often at main events IMO

Delighted that the like's of Sheamus, Wade Barrett & Drew Mcintyre are getting/got pushed as they all worked in the past with Irish Whip Wrestling.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Galwaybhoy

It would be mad to turn Cena heel.  Who would take his place as the top face?  I mean there really is no one else as big as he is.  Orton certainly isn't going to move merchandise the way Cena does.  As you said he is a big cash cow and you wont see Cena turn for a few years yet.

As for Triple H on the booking team.  I don't mind that.  Its common knowledge that he has a great mind for the business.  Infact I think I would rather see him running the business than Vince McMahon or Steph at this stage.

BTW is anyone else annoyed with the way they are treating Sheamus at the moment.  I mean jobbing to Santino and then jobbing to Morrisson.  Then last Monday he was beaten down by Mark Henry.  Sheamus should be pushed as a monster.  Yet he is made to look bad every few weeks now.

ross4life

They had a chance to turn Cena heel at survivor series for a few months then make him face again which would have generated even more merchandise but fcuk up a good story line

What there doing with Sheamus is a mystery? one minute he's winning King of the ring then jobbing to less than mid-carders

ross4life

Yep the Rock host of Mania was leaked a few days ago just confirmed last night! in the Promo it sounds like he may take on Cena which would be a real money spinner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agtRMJI56Ms

anportmorforjfc

He also said hes back for good  ;D

Archie Mitchell

Great to see The Rock back. What a legend!

Santino

Most electrifying moment on Raw in years!
Hoping the great crowd reaction will make him rethink his ideas r.e. never wrestling again

The Iceman

He's definitely wrestling again - he didn't come back and bulk back up again to sit on the sidelines
He was shredded down to about 225 for movies and now is easily back up to 260+ - He's going to wrestle.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Medic

Quote from: ross4life on February 15, 2011, 01:21:27 PM
Yep the Rock host of Mania was leaked a few days ago just confirmed last night! in the Promo it sounds like he may take on Cena which would be a real money spinner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agtRMJI56Ms

the rock at his best  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kWZrJicj-Y&feature=related

love the smirk look he gave john cena....what a legend!!
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

ross4life

Go home ref

Quote from: ross4life on February 10, 2011, 04:07:28 PM
Everyone know's why HHH is at the top what if he didn't marry steph? Cena is a great PR for WWE that was pushed by HHH & co... as for Orton he's had many title's now & everytime he had them the ratings dropped, maybe I'm bit old school when i seen the likes of Mr perfect,Rick Rude (better talent) not winning any world titles

I agree alot of big names missing making the roster weak but it's time to push the young talent & they can do it with HHH,Cena jobbing at mania.

The 1996 push that Austin got was originally meant for HHH so he would of got to the top anyway

ross4life

John Cena had his best promo for years on Raw

Here is the full transcript of rap reply to the Rock:

Finally The Rock came back and everyone was gettin' with it
'til he said I was talking trash but he would never be specific.
Because I wasn't talkin' trash, Rock. I was talkin' truth.
You left us high and dry to play a fairy with a tooth?
And then you walk into this ring and tell these people that I'm lame, man?
He wore lipstick in Gettin' Shorty and wore a skirt for The Game Plan.
This Fruity Pebble you're dealin' with, I'm not your average jabroni.
I'm like a big purple pinwheel, Rock, so go ahead and blow me.
And you're electrifying, yes, but hang with me? That's just absurd.
See now you gotta tell your family you just got schooled by Barney's turd.
Oh no no no no no, wait wait wait, that's your material – you can have your joke back.
Just don't go racing to Witch Mountain, Rock, 'cause your mountain is brokeback.
Oh no no no no no, wait wait wait – The Rock's new movie, well it's nothing like Walking Tall.
He spends the movie in a bowling ally polishing my balls.
The People's Champ, he's never with the people. Rock, your words are see-through.
You imitate me every time you leave. For seven years we couldn't see you.
And and and is it Rock or is it Dwayne? Pick a side, come on son.
If I was you, I'd stick with Rock, 'cause Dwayne doesn't have a johnson.
And you'll see me at WrestleMania? Well then I'll make sure not to miss it.
'Cause you ain't goin' a whip my candy ass, dude. I'll make sure you kiss it.
You're the WrestleMania host, Rock: that's your role. Know it.
You tell these people that you love 'em. I'm here every week to show it.
That's called a first round knockout. Now you know that I'm not playin'.
Run your mouth all you want, dude. It doesn't matter what you're sayin'.