The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 19, 2010, 01:48:20 PM
So Bret is still in Europe after all  ;)

From his Facebook page

QuoteWhat a $%#@ week!

I thought that this week was going to be a week filled with nothing but great memories, especially since I was going to be a part of both WWE supergroups: Raw and Smackdown. I had such a terrific time but, for me, it was a special treat to be back in Europe again. I finally made it back to Hanover, where I worked early in my career back in 1981. Hanover was always a city I loved. Although I've been back to Germany many times over the years, the WWE, oddly enough, never came to Hanover. I finished the tour with hugs and smiles and anxiously awaited what would've been my triumphant return to the New York area for Raw this Monday at the Meadowlands. I hadn't been back to the New York area for a WWE show since 1997. Although I did wrestle in the Nassau Coliseum in 1998 for WCW, which hardly counts for much. But ever since the volcano blew up in Iceland, I've been holed up in my hotel counting my blessings that I wasn't on the bus with the Smackdown crew driving all over Europe trying to get to Madrid, Spain. My inside sources tell me that both crews have reached their breaking point and they're doing a remake of "Mutiny on the Bounty", "One Flew Over the CooCoo's Nest", and "Gilligan's Island" (with Big Show playing the skipper) all rolled into one.

I want to make a promise to all my fans in the New York area that I shall return. It's during times like this that I think back to my old Stampede Wrestling days. I don't know how many times I broke down at Maple Creek at the border between Alberta and Saskatchewan in blinding snow storms. I can remember "Big Daddy" Sylvester Ritter a.k.a Junkyard Dog stumbling into a Medicine Hat truck stop with frozen hair and frozen beard in his dress shoes after pulling off the road in the same snowstorm. The one thing I've learned in my life as a wrestler is that you can't fight Mother Nature. I'm sure the look on Junkyard Dog's face back then is the same frazzled look you'll find on Big Show, John Cena, and the rest of the Raw crew. As I sit in prison in my hotel room in Germany, suffering through another European breakfast (you would think someone would teach them how to make breakfast over here), I call to my brethren not to worry too much about it. It's only a matter of time.

And besides, more importantly, I'm sure their spirits will be lifted once they hear the Hitmen tied up the series 1-1 against the Brandon Wheat Kings (ha ha!).

For me, I look forward to returning home and catching the rest of the series, at least game 5. But, more importantly, I'm anxiously looking forward to the birth of my first granddaughter, due any day now. All I know is that sometimes God makes you wait for things and He's the boss. I'll get home soon, safe and sound.

At least I don't have to declare ShowMiz the greatest tag team of all time now. God works in mysterious ways.

Thanks to all the Hitman fans for supporting my online store, I hope you all enjoy the gear!

-Bret

Well he must make his own Travel arrangements so?

i do know he lived in Italy for a long time maybe he took time out there?, the Grandchild is Jade's 1st she's well over Due & she was part of the Chicago session we had & she's so Sweet & Dallas her brother is some Craic also
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Santino

I know i'm getting old when i remember Brets kids as toddlers on the tv shows then!
Anyone here ever met the Hitman? Have met Flair and Vince Mcmahon but meeting Bret would top them both.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: ross4life on April 19, 2010, 01:59:01 PM
Well he must make his own Travel arrangements so?

i do know he lived in Italy for a long time maybe he took time out there?, the Grandchild is Jade's 1st she's well over Due & she was part of the Chicago session we had & she's so Sweet & Dallas her brother is some Craic also

Well - he posted it last night and he was in Germany - so it's more than likely he's still in Europe.

He's back living in Calgary now - he was married to an Italian bird a few years back - but they split up

ross4life

Quote from: Santino on April 19, 2010, 02:24:56 PM
I know i'm getting old when i remember Brets kids as toddlers on the tv shows then!
Anyone here ever met the Hitman? Have met Flair and Vince Mcmahon but meeting Bret would top them both.

Got to shake hands with Bert but didn't go drinking with him, Got to meet all his Kids Beans, Jade, Dallas & blade the two lads are well over 6ft now way bigger than there dad but not really into wrestling, Jade wanted to get into the business but her plans changed

I thought Flair was a bit of a ass when i met him, didn't meet Vince what was he like?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Santino

I was stayin at same hotel as the WWE in Jacksonville, Florida last year and Flair was sitting by himself at a hotel bar after Raw show when i saw him so couldnt resist going up to shake the great mans hand. He called me Sir and thanked me for my support so he seemed sound enough to me. And when closing time was called, Flair bought the bar outta beer and brought all wrestlers and fans out into the lobby to booze with him and a few ladies he'd picked up.

Next morning was reading paper out front of hotel when out strutted Vince to a waiting limo. I had no intention at all of approaching him until i saw a kid run up and ask for his autograph so thought i'd might as well get in on the act too. Though he'd actually just stepped into the limo, he heard me tell his personal security I was from Ireland and said 'Well id better get outta the limo then!' which is pretty sound from a Billionaire. Have had photo of me in Armagh Jersey with Vince giving the thumbs up salute on my bedroom wall ever since!

ross4life

Great story About Vince & i must have got Flair on a bad day

Gabriel_Hurl

Met the  man Ric Flair last year at a Ring of Honor show and got this

Santino

Thats a pretty quality pic there alright!
Met John Cena in a Hooters bar night b4 meeting Vince too. He was having few beers with Vicki Guerrero and Michael Cole. He was really sound, though Vicki was rude as feck (or in character!) but suppose if i was getting tortured by fans all the time it would get to ya too.
Mickie James was really nice too, though she must smoke 40/day cuz she was stinkin!

ross4life

Met Cena in New York (pure gentleman) Vicki also in New york (very Nice out of Character) met Mickie in Belfast  Back in November she's wasn't smoking that night but she sure can drink!

But my biggest claim to fame was meeting Steve Austin in New york & buying him a beer  ;D

ross4life

without trying to include myself in the picture here's one of the pictures i took from the Chicago Drinking Session  ;D

Sherri Martel's Son Jared, Ted Dibiase jr & Jade Hart

Gabriel_Hurl

you couldn't make that a big bigger, could ya?  :D

Santino

Quote from: ross4life on April 19, 2010, 05:19:35 PM
Met Cena in New York (pure gentleman) Vicki also in New york (very Nice out of Character) met Mickie in Belfast  Back in November she's wasn't smoking that night but she sure can drink!

But my biggest claim to fame was meeting Steve Austin in New york & buying him a beer  ;D

That's gonna take some topping so that's my new challenge! Am gonna have to take a Pedigree through a table in a hotel bar from Triple H at that rate. Must get tics booked for the tour in Nov next wk. At least I know to go pintin in the Hilton now!

ross4life

All these released today

Mickie James

Shelton Benjamin

Kung Fu Naki

Jimmy Wang Yang

Slam Master J

Katie Lea Burchill

Shame about Katie & Mickie they where good craic for a Drink

Santino

Mike Knox now too.
Huge waste there. He's ten times more talented than all the other big men like Kozlov and Khali combined.

ross4life

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 19, 2010, 01:24:57 PM
Saw it on another forum - the poster is a policeman in Belfast  :D

he couldn't fit in the police car - and had to be taken away in the limo

Well the Rumor is 100% true now! i guess there days of drinking with fan's could be over  :(