The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChara

I see that fella Damo from Carnlough has confirmd he's in the Andre the giant match at wrestlemania he's really flying up the roster it seems

*Ya beat me to it RealSpirit lol

Minder

Quote from: MoChara on April 02, 2017, 08:51:13 AM
I see that fella Damo from Carnlough has confirmd he's in the Andre the giant match at wrestlemania he's really flying up the roster it seems

Carnlough ??
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

MoChara

Quote from: Minder on April 02, 2017, 09:13:28 AM

Carnlough ??

Aye I'm pretty sure that's where he grew up

Minder

Quote from: MoChara on April 02, 2017, 09:16:02 AM

Carnlough ??

Nah, Glenariffe. Just round the coast from Carnlough
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

MoChara

Quote from: Minder on April 02, 2017, 09:33:42 AM

Carnlough ??

Ah right not sure why i thought Carnlough maybe cause he went to the Tower

Cunny Funt

That first mania match will take some beating tonight. Take a bow Shane O Mac and AJ!

David McKeown

Quote from: MoChara on April 02, 2017, 10:10:02 AM
Quote from: Minder on April 02, 2017, 09:33:42 AM

Carnlough ??

Ah right not sure why i thought Carnlough maybe cause he went to the Tower

He'd say Waterfoot

He was superb in the battle royale and at NXT. Didn't look out of place at all.

Mania is awesome highly recommend it
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

David McKeown

It won't go down as one of the best unfortunately but it was awesome to experience the event. The better match occurred early with one or two exceptions

The highlights for me was the Andre the Giant battle royale.

The Shane v AJ match was very good. Shane still one of the best at putting people over,

The RAW tag match was pretty special and great to see the Hardy Boys back.

Both women's matches were very strong. Particularly the performance of Charlotte in the first one.

HHH was surprisingly decent and good to see Stephanie taking her bump.

The lowlights include

How much WWE pissed all over Wyat, the title and the Royal rumble in one fell swoop. A match with a lot of potential was ruined by squeezing a good 25 minute match into 10 minutes and then scheduling it before the Women's and Lesnar matches.

The underuse of guest wrestlers compared with previous years.

Taker deserved a better opponent to retire him.

Cunny Funt

Agree with most of though low points however I thought it was the best mania since 24.

RealSpiritof98

Gave up after the third match last night, finished it off there now. Probably the best mania in 10 years, some very solid matches and booked very well. Loved the Hardy's pop and to have them win was awesome. Agree about the bray/randy comments although I thought I would have them feeling about a few of the matches before the event. But the title and rumble winner should ME. Glad lesnar ended the streak now as the brass knuckle beating McMahon love child would have been as disaster. He is continually shoved down the fans throats and will never get over without turning heel or an extended break.

The Iceman

was up in Orlando last night for work - totally forgot this was even on til I hit traffic and called home to see what the story was and the Father In Law who still loves the wrastlin and reminds me he attended the first two 'Mania's reminded me it was on.
The highlights I watched this evening were decent. Hope everyone who went had a blast  - take advantage of Orlando while you're there and do the parks! and the Gator zip line!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

David McKeown

Raw was pretty cool with some strange moments. Goldberg came out after the show and did a thank you farewell then hinted he may not be done yet.

Syferus

I thought Taker's final spot was excellent. He's old school and would always have wanted to go out on his back giving a younger guy the rub.

David McKeown

Just back from Smackdown to complete my week. Another pretty good show. Very different from RAW in that when they went to Ad break, RAW stopped completely and people just stood in the middle of the ring etc whereas Smackdown continued on with what was clearly only for the local audience and not for those watching on TV. For example Shinsuke Nakanura made his debut randomly in the middle of a MIZ spot, then Dolph Ziggler came out and challenged him to a match in what he called the main event.  That match then took place at the end of the night after 205 live with no commentators or anything. All very strange.

Because someone asked me before I went would I do this. Here's a quick review

As for the week itself I have to say I enjoyed immensely. I've wanted to go to Wrestlemania for 21 years so to finally achieve it was pretty special. The atmosphere all week was awesome and the WWE certainly know how to entertain and provide relative value for money in terms of their shows only. The HOF lasted 5 hours, NXT was 3.5. WM was 6.5, Raw 4 hours 15, Smackdown was 3 hours 45.

That's where the value stopped unfortunately. Axxess was a huge let down with very few of the big superstars in attendance and those that were demanded a $400 uplift for an autograph. The other exhibitions allowing you to cut a promo or walk down a ramp to a Superstars entrance were decent but there simply wasn't enough of that.

The Amway Center is a very impressive arena I have to say with hardly a bad seat in the place. However given that a can of Beer was $12 and a large fountain drink (about 500ml) $8 I can see how it was paid for.

The Citrus bowl was quite an old fashioned stadium and they had to close some of it to make a make shift locker room underneath the stage. Luxurious it certainly was not. The parking was terrible as was getting away from the stadium.

Orlando has long been my favourite holiday destination as well so I did very little exploring with the WWE events taking up most of my time. The WM week really can take up a lot of your time.

On WM I would love to see it again and probably will on Friday. Some of the stuff was superb and the atmosphere was unlike anything I've ever experienced.

I probably won't be at another one (unless Damo has a tittle match/main event) because it truly was a once in a lifetime thing. That said I'm incredibly glad I came and would highly recommend it to anyone who likes wrestling even a little bit.

Home now tomorrow but very happy with the week I have had. 

MoChara

Quote from: David McKeown on April 05, 2017, 05:57:34 AM
Just back from Smackdown to complete my week. Another pretty good show. Very different from RAW in that when they went to Ad break, RAW stopped completely and people just stood in the middle of the ring etc whereas Smackdown continued on with what was clearly only for the local audience and not for those watching on TV. For example Shinsuke Nakanura made his debut randomly in the middle of a MIZ spot, then Dolph Ziggler came out and challenged him to a match in what he called the main event.  That match then took place at the end of the night after 205 live with no commentators or anything. All very strange.

Because someone asked me before I went would I do this. Here's a quick review

As for the week itself I have to say I enjoyed immensely. I've wanted to go to Wrestlemania for 21 years so to finally achieve it was pretty special. The atmosphere all week was awesome and the WWE certainly know how to entertain and provide relative value for money in terms of their shows only. The HOF lasted 5 hours, NXT was 3.5. WM was 6.5, Raw 4 hours 15, Smackdown was 3 hours 45.

That's where the value stopped unfortunately. Axxess was a huge let down with very few of the big superstars in attendance and those that were demanded a $400 uplift for an autograph. The other exhibitions allowing you to cut a promo or walk down a ramp to a Superstars entrance were decent but there simply wasn't enough of that.

The Amway Center is a very impressive arena I have to say with hardly a bad seat in the place. However given that a can of Beer was $12 and a large fountain drink (about 500ml) $8 I can see how it was paid for.

The Citrus bowl was quite an old fashioned stadium and they had to close some of it to make a make shift locker room underneath the stage. Luxurious it certainly was not. The parking was terrible as was getting away from the stadium.

Orlando has long been my favourite holiday destination as well so I did very little exploring with the WWE events taking up most of my time. The WM week really can take up a lot of your time.

On WM I would love to see it again and probably will on Friday. Some of the stuff was superb and the atmosphere was unlike anything I've ever experienced.

I probably won't be at another one (unless Damo has a tittle match/main event) because it truly was a once in a lifetime thing. That said I'm incredibly glad I came and would highly recommend it to anyone who likes wrestling even a little bit.

Home now tomorrow but very happy with the week I have had.

I was looking at the crowd there can you actually see anything if you are in the cheap seats?

Did you have to pay into that Axxess thing it sounds like a complete rip off.