The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

Quote from: ONeill on February 19, 2016, 10:09:05 PM
What are the chances of picking up tickets for the event in Belfast on April 20th close to the time?

Son got tickets for this and while he loves it , I'm not in the same wavelength,  any advice ??

Gabriel_Hurl

turn your brain off for a few hours and enjoy yourself

BenDover

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 05, 2016, 03:40:49 PM
turn your brain off for a few hours and enjoy yourself
I was at one of the Belfast ones recently and it's actually a good enough evening, WWE def know how to put a show on.

Syferus

Finally worked my way through the five (!) hours of the main show there tonight. Weird show. The Shane O'Mac storyline looks a bit pointless with him losing, it seemed designed to only make sense with a win. But they made a mockery of the stipulation by having him getting control anyways the next night.

Same goes for the Ambrose-Lesnsar match, it was the best one on the card by a mile but they chickened out of giving Ambrose the rub he deserves by having Lesnar win. Reigns wins the world title as expected the only one that was correct booking to my eyes and obviously he really shouldn't have been in the main event to begin with such is the fan apathy towards him. The womens' match was good it had to be said.

The Rock segment was really weird. I thought they might have an impromptu Bray Wyatt-Rock match but instead they had a two second squash match - what was the point of that tease? It just pisses of the real fans.

Jerhico-Styles was total meh and it's absolute nonsense that they had Styles lose to an upper-mid carder on the Sunday at his first major PPV then expect people to buy him as the #1 contender for the world title the next night. Who writes shite like that.

MoChara

Quote from: Syferus on April 06, 2016, 11:53:51 PM
Finally worked my way through the five (!) hours of the main show there tonight. Weird show. The Sane O'Mac storyline looks a bit pointless with him losing, it seemed designed to only make sense with a win. But they made a mockery of the stipulation by having him getting control anyways the next night.

Same goes for the Ambrose-Lesnsar match, it was the best one on the card by a mile but they chickened out of giving Ambrose the rub he deserves by having Lesnar win. Reigns wins the world title as expected the only one that was correct booking to my eyes and obviously he really shouldn't have been in the main event to begin with such is the fan apathy towards him. The womens' match was good it had to be said.

The Rock segment was really weird. I thought they might have an impromptu Bray Wyatt-Rock match but instead they had a two second squash match - what was the point of that tease? It just pisses of the real fans.

Jerhico-Styles was total meh and it's absolute nonsense that they had Styles lose to an upper-mid carder on the Sunday at his first major PPV then expect people to buy him as the #1 contender for the world title the next night. Who writes shite like that.

I think they are billing Lesnar to take on the streak mantle when Undertaker finally does hang up his boots, their match was alot shorter than it should of been only making room for the Rock Section needlessly.

Worst thing about Shane O'Mac Undertaker is Shane came out and said the product is shit and stale and needs fixed then they make him lose anyway so does that mean they are happy with the shit show they are putting on? lol I could see a brand split with Shane getting Smackdown or something.

David McKeown

Originally from Scotland but her Fiancée is from the Antrim Glens and she has done a lot of stuff here in recent years. Great to see her get a big break.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/nicola-glencross-nikki-storm-interview?sf25726747=1
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

David McKeown

Minder

Quote from: David McKeown on October 19, 2016, 08:42:56 PM
Talking about the fiancée. Great to see another local lad getting his chance.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/tommy-end-big-damo-and-crazy-mary-dobson-wwe-performance-center

Yeah his parents have been heavily involved in our local hurling club for many years, his father is from Armagh.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

David McKeown

That he is. Grandfather played hurling for Antrim too

Minder

Quote from: David McKeown on October 19, 2016, 11:00:30 PM
That he is. Grandfather played hurling for Antrim too

Yeah he played in the 1943 All Ireland final, good people.

I think Damiens father, Conor, is the brother of Eamonn Mackle who was the Armagh liaison/logistics man
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

David McKeown

Gabriel_Hurl

Well - that was something else last night in the main event 

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 21, 2016, 09:28:32 PM
Well - that was something else last night in the main event
The beast slayed. Seriously though how much was Lesnar paid to job like that?

Syferus

World of Sport Wrestling is back on ITV right now. Best part is JR on the mic - why Vince got rid of him is beyond me. The best announcer the sport has ever seen. When I think about the best moments of the Attitude Era the first thing that comes to mind is JR's play-calling. So good.

David McKeown

Quote from: Syferus on December 31, 2016, 05:19:57 PM
World of Sport Wrestling is back on ITV right now. Best part is JR on the mic - why Vince got rid of him is beyond me. The best announcer the sport has ever seen. When I think about the best moments of the Attitude Era the first thing that comes to mind is JR's play-calling. So good.

Just watched it there now. JR made it