The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on March 30, 2015, 06:07:39 PM
Lesner is just a beast, loved the main event, keeps Brock strong. Cena still hanging about to beat up and coming stars  ::) I'd a had Rusev either cheat win or Lana turning and helping Cena. Bryan is better at the underdog chasing, winning the IC allows him to main event the house shows and Raws without Brock. 8/10 show for me. Loved the Rock/Ronda cameo. Hoping to see a few Irish prospects coming out of NXT in the next few weeks.

Quote from: theticklemister on March 30, 2015, 12:49:52 PM
Losers

Maybe but I enjoy the product and have got into it from my wee lad started watching and tbh it was the only interest we shared up until he finally wanted to play football this year.

You must be hard to please or else I am easily pleased thought it was the best show for years and up there with the best ever Mania's.  Missed part of it though but why was Arnie inducted into the WWE HoF?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ross4life

I'm still shocked that HHH put Bryan over last year. Good match though i liked how they used the NWO,DX (mostly HHH buddies) as clearly at Stings age he couldn't go all out. HHH v The Rock for next years Mania by the looks of it. Stephanie will get hurt if she takes on Ronda she will hardly be that silly?

I thought the last Rusev v Cena match was better, what next for Rusev now that his unbeaten run is over, will Vince have him dancing or back to NXT?

Taker match improvement on last year but to be far he was concussed then. Lesnar match was so well booked & Seth Rollins title win was Edge like
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

redzone

Serious question. Is the matches at
mania fixed

DownFanatic

Quote from: redzone on March 30, 2015, 10:47:43 PM
mania fixed

Yes, all pre determined by the WWE's creative team.
Still can't comprehend how bookies offer odds on it now.

theticklemister

Quote from: DownFanatic on March 30, 2015, 11:35:03 PM
mania fixed

Apparently wan boy went from 11/8 to 1/4; Lesner. Did he win?

Syferus

Quote from: theticklemister on March 30, 2015, 11:42:19 PM
mania fixed

He won and lost.

gallsman

mania fixed

His contact was up the day after WM and UFC were aggressively chasing him for a return. If he signed with UFC, as a lot of people expected, it was a cert he'd have lost title. In the end, he renewed his WWE contract, throwing the outcome of the match into doubt. Its probably only decided a couple of days beforehand.

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on March 31, 2015, 12:43:44 AM
mania fixed

His contact was up the day after WM and UFC were aggressively chasing him for a return. If he signed with UFC, as a lot of people expected, it was a cert he'd have lost title. In the end, he renewed his WWE contract, throwing the outcome of the match into doubt. Its probably only decided a couple of days beforehand.

Lesnar played both sides well. After all his health issues he looked a shadow of himself at the end of his UFC run. I don't know what going back would have proven anyways. He showed he could hang with the 'real' fighters. Better to see out his days earning a big buck as a part-timer in the WWE.

Santino

I think Lesnar is great but the problem is who can have a convincing feud with him as a babyface after him being so dominant? Reigns was his most convincing opponent of the last year and i dont get all the backlash againt Reigns. I thought he did a hell of a job at Mania.

gallsman

Quote from: Santino on March 31, 2015, 10:35:09 AM
I think Lesnar is great but the problem is who can have a convincing feud with him as a babyface after him being so dominant? Reigns was his most convincing opponent of the last year and i dont get all the backlash againt Reigns. I thought he did a hell of a job at Mania.

It's the perennial problem - he's seen as "Vince's guy" without earning it from the fans which, to an extent, he is. When The Shield first emerged, it looked like they had two future stars and an athletic big guy. Of course Vince chose, as always, to push the athletic big guy first. On top of that, others who'd served their dues (Ziggler in particular) can't get near the main event.

Fans will come round though. Will just take a little bit longer than WWE really intended. A good heel run would serve him well.

screenexile

Does the Rock take part in the ring at all anymore?

For me he was the best by far and I pretty much stopped watching after he left I would maybe start watching again if he was about more often. When he was around it was a real golden age for the sport with Mankind/HHH/Stone Cold/Angle/Big Show/Kane/Undertaker/Jericho/Guerrero. I really loved it at that time.

The new crop of Cena/Lesnar etc. just don't have the same charisma about them as the lads previous. 

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on March 31, 2015, 11:00:10 AM
Quote from: Santino on March 31, 2015, 10:35:09 AM

It's the perennial problem - he's seen as "Vince's guy" without earning it from the fans which, to an extent, he is. When The Shield first emerged, it looked like they had two future stars and an athletic big guy. Of course Vince chose, as always, to push the athletic big guy first. On top of that, others who'd served their dues (Ziggler in particular) can't get near the main event.

Fans will come round though. Will just take a little bit longer than WWE really intended. A good heel run would serve him well.

In fairness Lesnar earnt his rep from being a great amateur wrestler, a great pro wrestler and a very good UFC fighter before he returned to the WWE. Lesnar fills the role of a monster heel excellently, and that's something the WWE needed. It's the supporting cast that have been the problem. The guys that gets pushed and then fade away are partly because the creative team seem to operate on whims but likewise many of them were missing the key ingredients to be a big draw. Ziggler, Swagger, Miz, Caesero.. so many times it hasn't worked out.

Daniel Bryan might be their one true success in the last few years, CM Punk aside given his exit, and both of those were huge indie stars that WWE did little to develop, they came ready to star.

gallsman

My post is about Reigns, not Lesnar.

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on March 31, 2015, 04:46:55 PM
My post is about Reigns, not Lesnar.

Opps, thought you meant Leanar coming back in at the top. Reigns has the Samohan link which wouldn't have hurt his cause. I do see him ending up in the Ziggler/Swagger/Miz pile if something extraordinary doesn't happen.. the WWE had never been known for its patience.

Wildweasel74

I find it hard to believe sting is still wrestling, the wear and tear on the body for this craic is immense, i remember seeing him 22years ago against big Van Vader, He was something very special back then and was always my favourite wrestler,