The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

I just watched the youtube clips and he is way smaller than he even was in the UFC.
Needs to do some serious lifting and get the needle out again if he is going to fit in with the rest of the line up there.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Santino

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 03, 2012, 02:13:58 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 03, 2012, 07:56:56 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 03, 2012, 04:32:39 AM
Don't miss Raw  :o
Only have a few words to describe Raw.. Lesnar & yes,yes,yes
Yes, Yes, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Somehow that shock loss at WM might actually get Bryan more over than ever b4!

RealSpiritof98

The relentless pursuit of the scriptwriters to get the crowd to stop with the Cena Sucks chants seem to have finally pay'd off.

Go home ref

Saw this on WWE.com In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Randy Orton for 60 days effective today for his second violation of the company's policy.

Armaghgeddon

Jericho has been suspended to

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Been listening to a few episodes of Live Audio Wrestling on the ol' podcast machine lately. The Review-a-Wai show is particularly enjoyable, reviewing an old PPV/RAW/whatever a week. It's almost more enjoyable when they're reviewing a piece of crap show. I've actually listened to far more of the shows than I have watched shows themselves in the past few years.

Tough on Lawler, just saw that here for the first time. I'd imagine that'd be the end of any contact in-ring stuff, but then the Hulkster and Flair still amble about so I doubt wrestlers at this level's ability or willingness to ever retire. Could this lead to the un-expected joy of JR returning to RAW? Knowing the WWE they'll just put Matt Striker or some other jack-in-a-box beside Cole.

ross4life

Wrestlemania 29 on this Sunday. Some money can be made on these odds if you do accumulator bet.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/sports-novelties/wwe?ev_oc_grp_ids=1212501
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Iceman

Will the Undertaker's streak be broken?

CM Punk, Rock and HHH would be a nice wee accumulator alright.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

David McKeown

Odds on entertainment events with a predetermined outcome.  Some serious money could be made there
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

DownFanatic

Quote from: David McKeown on April 05, 2013, 10:50:10 PM
Odds on entertainment events with a predetermined outcome.  Some serious money could be made there

I still can't get my head around the fact that Paddy Power is now offering odds on the WWE. As you say serious money to be made.

Cena should take the WWE title match to reverse the result from last year's Mania duel with The Rock. Del Rio/Swagger is hard to call in the World Title contest but with Cena expected to win the WWE title it is unlikely that there will be another title change here and Del Rio should win.

There is not a hope in hell Undertaker will lose the streak and him beating CM Punk is like buying money. Triple H and Brock Lesnar in the career match is a hard one to call. HHH is a legend and it may be his time to bow out but if Lesnar isn't going to be a full time fixture on the WWE schedule then Lesnar losing won't be that big of a deal. With Shawn Michaels involvement it may be the case that HHH will lose this one to create a mega embrace type thing for the finale. Lesnar at 9/4 isn't bad value.

The rest of the matches will probably be dirt. Ryback should get a first Mania win agaist Mark Henry. I fancy Jericho at 9/4 to beat Fandango. Team Hell No should beat the Ziggler/Langston combo. Tons of Funk v Team Rhodes Scholars could go either way and is too hard to call. Tons of Funk slight favourites.

The Miz at 2/5 should defeat Barrett while the best value for money is the 4/1 for Orton/Big Show/Sheamus to beat the Shield.

£10 accumulator on all these outcomes will bring you in a handsome sum of  £2807.28!

Syferus

Jerico has a short term contract that expires not long after 'Mania. Even if this Fandango character is mostly a joke wrestler he's the only one of the two who will be getting much screen time after this show.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 06, 2013, 01:25:28 AM

I still can't get my head around the fact that Paddy Power is now offering odds on the WWE. As you say serious money to be made.

Cena should take the WWE title match to reverse the result from last year's Mania duel with The Rock. Del Rio/Swagger is hard to call in the World Title contest but with Cena expected to win the WWE title it is unlikely that there will be another title change here and Del Rio should win. Difficult to say because Swagger was arrested for drug possession so the WWE are hardly going to reward him with that. Del rio is not a cert to walk out champion as Ziggler still has MITB and Del Rio has been a boring champion so far.

There is not a hope in hell Undertaker will lose the streak and him beating CM Punk is like buying money. Undertaker wanted the streak to end, not too sure about now. Paul Bearer died a few weeks ago so would have Undertaker at 100% to win. Triple H and Brock Lesnar in the career match is a hard one to call. HHH is a legend and it may be his time to bow out but if Lesnar isn't going to be a full time fixture on the WWE schedule then Lesnar losing won't be that big of a deal. With Shawn Michaels involvement it may be the case that HHH will lose this one to create a mega embrace type thing for the finale. Lesnar at 9/4 isn't bad value. HHH lost at Summerslam, it might be a good way for HHH to bow out for now as he is going to be taking over Vince's position soon.

The rest of the matches will probably be dirt. Ryback should get a first Mania win agaist Mark Henry. I fancy Jericho at 9/4 to beat Fandango. Personally I think Fandango will win, the need to make him credible. Team Hell No should beat the Ziggler/Langston combo. Tons of Funk v Team Rhodes Scholars could go either way and is too hard to call. Tons of Funk slight favourites.

The Miz at 2/5 should defeat Barrett while the best value for money is the 4/1 for Orton/Big Show/Sheamus to beat the Shield.

£10 accumulator on all these outcomes will bring you in a handsome sum of  £2807.28!

I would go for...

Cena
Undertaker
Lesnar
Ryback
Fandango
Barrett
The Shield - I am hoping Sheamus and Orton both go heel.
Team Hell No
Swagger to win but will not leave champion.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on April 06, 2013, 02:04:57 AM
Quote from: DownFanatic on April 06, 2013, 01:25:28 AM

Cena should take the WWE title match to reverse the result from last year's Mania duel with The Rock. Del Rio/Swagger is hard to call in the World Title contest but with Cena expected to win the WWE title it is unlikely that there will be another title change here and Del Rio should win. Difficult to say because Swagger was arrested for drug possession so the WWE are hardly going to reward him with that. Del rio is not a cert to walk out champion as Ziggler still has MITB and Del Rio has been a boring champion so far.

There is not a hope in hell Undertaker will lose the streak and him beating CM Punk is like buying money. Undertaker wanted the streak to end, not too sure about now. Paul Bearer died a few weeks ago so would have Undertaker at 100% to win. Triple H and Brock Lesnar in the career match is a hard one to call. HHH is a legend and it may be his time to bow out but if Lesnar isn't going to be a full time fixture on the WWE schedule then Lesnar losing won't be that big of a deal. With Shawn Michaels involvement it may be the case that HHH will lose this one to create a mega embrace type thing for the finale. Lesnar at 9/4 isn't bad value. HHH lost at Summerslam, it might be a good way for HHH to bow out for now as he is going to be taking over Vince's position soon.

The rest of the matches will probably be dirt. Ryback should get a first Mania win agaist Mark Henry. I fancy Jericho at 9/4 to beat Fandango. Personally I think Fandango will win, the need to make him credible. Team Hell No should beat the Ziggler/Langston combo. Tons of Funk v Team Rhodes Scholars could go either way and is too hard to call. Tons of Funk slight favourites.

I would go for...

Cena
Undertaker
Lesnar
Ryback
Fandango
Barrett
The Shield - I am hoping Sheamus and Orton both go heel.
Team Hell No
Swagger to win but will not leave champion.

agree with the bolded, think the shield will win, def too many goodies at the min, think team hell no will be beat tho. The Rock is a breath of fresh air but its obv Cena will win, would love to see him dirty Joe a victory, have the crowd boo him anyway.

Armaghgeddon

Anyone else betting on this?

£1 on the following will win you £2096 @ Paddy power

The Rock
Rhode Scholars
Ziggler and Big E
Fandango
Henry
Undertaker
Lesnar
Swagger